Here are the details of Executive Housekeeper job in Taj Hotels. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
Work Location:- Across India
Date Posted:- Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Last Date of Application:- Friday, December 31, 2010
Job Purpose :-
- To lead the Housekeeping department, in order to achieve and maintain the highest standards in cleanliness, hygiene, and comfort. Achieve total guest satisfaction by providing service, which is the best in class, and maximize organizational profitability through effective utilization of all resources.
- Plan and Budget the revenues and costs for the Housekeeping department.
- Create a work environment that is high in employee morale and provides constant learning & development and use the feedback from Employee Satisfaction Survey to draw an action plan.
- Develop systems and procedures that achieve higher cost efficiency and guest satisfaction.
- Recruitment and Performance Appraisal/ Management of the staff in the department.
- Develop & Implement the annual plan using the Tata Business Excellence Model framework, linking the departmentÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s objectives to the unitÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s overall strategy.
- Supervise and direct the daily activities of all Housekeeping staff and are responsible for the efficient and smooth operation of the department.
- Lay down service standards regarding cleanliness, amenities and maintenance in rooms and public areas and ensure adherence to these.
- Efficiently manage the inventory of supplies, linen and equipment
- Monitor and control consumption of guest and cleaning supplies, devise methods for optimal usage of cleaning supplies
- Ensure through regular monitoring of guest feedback, prompt, efficient and accurate service to all guests.
- Plan and implement preventive maintenance and cleaning schedules for rooms and public areas.
- Monitor productivity standards and Schedule staff in order to optimize manpower.
- Review the monthly business/occupancy reports and develop a work plan.
- Ensure that all the operational standard procedures/guidelines set for all the processes/activities/situations are followed (Key Control, Lost & Found etc).
- Co-ordinate with the Front Office on releasing of rooms and special guest requests.
- Co-ordinate with the Chief Engineer in the area of repair & maintenance, refurbishment, renovation etc.
- Develop departmental trainers in association with the training department & oversee all the training activities within the department.
- Address any grievance and counseling issues among the department staff.
- Stay informed about of industry innovations in cleaning techniques, preventive maintenance and cleaning product technology.
- Identify key communities, plan various initiatives and co-ordinate the support activities.
Education : - Graduate/Diploma in Hotel Management
- Progression through various positions in the housekeeping department, and a minimum of 3 years experience in handling housekeeping operations.
- Experience in refurbishment & renovation of rooms, lobby and F & B outlets
- Thorough knowledge of modern housekeeping techniques and the latest in cleaning technology, hygiene & safety standards.
- Knowledge of various chemicals and cleaning equipments
- Inventory management & Budgeting
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Knowledge of textiles, fabrics and interior design
- Knowledge of floriculture, horticulture and landscaping
About Taj Hotels:-
The Taj is a brand that combines a rich legacy of carefully nurtured values steeped in a culture of excellence with opportunities for participating in new vistas of the Company growth. The main success factor for the Company’s growth, are the Taj employees and talent selected for this exciting journey. The Taj considers its employees among its most important stakeholders in taking it to new pinnacles of service standards and guest delight.
Working at Taj Hotels- Why Should i Join Taj Hotels?
A career in the hospitality industry offers an opportunity to sharpen the saw of one’s own emotional quotient. The Taj compounds this advantage because of the diversity of its products, properties and people. The Taj nurtures a service mentality that demands an attitude of being quick and agile in terms of response time, attention to detail, operational excellence, postponing gratification to ensure that the guest is delighted at all times and developing one’s social radar through networking skills. The Taj provides its employees space and elbow room for exploring opportunities to emerge as career leaders in a supportive environment through a high potential program in which every executive has a chance to participate. The safe environment of the Taj encourages its employees to be outspoken, to grow in self-confidence and this self-development journey which accompanies a career in the Taj become a self fulfilling prophecy for success and excellence.
At the Taj, every employee is an ambassador of the culture and spirit of the Taj. The Taj ‘magic’ is all about passion in what one is doing, the pursuit of excellence, feeling included, warmth and the highest levels of service standards with a relentless and untiring obsession about delighting the guest. This spirit that rings through the heart of every Taj employee makes the difference between a job in any hospitality company and career with the Taj.
Address of Taj Hotels:-
Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces
15/17 N.F. Road
Mumbai 400 001
Tel: (91-22) 6665 1000
Fax: (91-22) 2284 6680 / 83
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at email@example.com)