Here are the details of HPCL Placement Paper - I job in HPCL. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
Welcome to HPCL Placement Paper 2011. Here you will find HPCL Placement Paper Pattern and Download questions with Answers & Solutions.
HPCL Placement Paper 2011:-
1. X varies inversely as square of y. Given that y = 2 for x = 1. The value of x for y = 6 will be equal to
A) 3 B) 9 C) 1/3 D) 1/9
Ans : D
2. If 10% of x = 20% of y, then x : y is equal to
A) 1 : 2 B) 2 : 1 C) 5 : 1 D) 10 : 1
Ans : B
3. A starts business with Rs.3500 and after 5 months, B joins with A as his partner. After a year, the profit is divided in the ratio 2 : 3. What is B's contribution in the Capital ?
A) Rs. 7500 B) Rs. 8000 C) Rs. 8500 D) Rs. 9000
Ans : D
4. Ronald and Elan are working on an assignment. Ronald takes 6 hours to type 32 pages on a computer, while Elan takes 5 hours to type 40 pages. How much time will they take, working together on two different computers to type an assignment of 110 pages ?
A) 7 hours 30 minutes B) 8 hours C) 8 hours 15 minutes D) 8 hours 25 minutes
Ans : C
5. A and B can do a piece of work in 72 days; B and C can do it in 120 days; A dn C can do it in 4 days. Who among these will take the least time if put to do it alone?
A) 80 days B) 100 days C) 120 days D) 150 days
Ans : C
6. Was Avinash early, on time or late for work?
(I) He thought his watch was 10 minutes fast
(II) Actually his watch was 5 minutes slow
7. What is the value of A if A is an integer?
(I) A4 = 1
(II) A3 + 1 = 0
8. A person travels 12 km in the southward direction and then travels 5km to the right and then travels 15km toward the right and
finally travels 5km towards the east, how far is he from his starting place?
(a) 5.5 kms
(b) 3 km
(c) 13 km
(d) 6.4 km
9. X's father's wife's father's granddaughter uncle will be related to X as
10. Find the next number in the series 1, 3 ,7 ,13 ,21 ,31
11. If in a certain code "RANGE" is coded as 12345 and "RANDOM" is coded as 123678. Then the code for the word
"MANGO" would be
12. In a square, all the mid points are joined. The inner square is shaded. If the area of the square is A, what is the area of the shaded area?
13. Two questions on basic angles i.e given a circle, a few chords or diameter is drawn etc.
14. If the following statements are given
If a=1, b=2 then find
15. If the following statements are given
(x#y) = x + y- xy
(x*y) = (x + y)/2
i) Find the values of x, y will satisfy this equation (x#y)#(x*y) < (x#y)
ii) Find the values of x, y will satisfy this equation (a*b)#(b*c)< (a#b)*(b*c)
16. Export PS1 results in(PS1 pwd)
a) primary prompt being your current directory
b) primary prompt and secondary prompts being the current directory
c) primary prompt prompt being your home directory
d) primary prompt and secondary prompts being the home directory
e) None of the above.
17. If you type in the command nohup sort employees > list 2 > error out & and log off ,the next time you log in, the output will be
a) in a file called list and the error will de typed in a file error out
b) there will be no file called list or error out
c) error will be logged in a file called list and o/p will be in error out
d) you will not be allowed to log in
e) none of the above
18. f x,y,z are the marbles initially with A,B,C respectively.
Then the number of marbles B have at the end
(d) x + y-z
19. If the total number of marbles are 72, then the number of marbles with A at the starting
20. If a car starts from A towards B with some velocity. Due to some problem in the engine after traveling 30km, the car goes with 4/5 th of its actual velocity
The car reaches B 45 min later to the actual time. If the car engine fails after traveling 45km, the car reaches the destination B 36min late to the actual time What is the initial velocity of car and what is the distance between A and B in km
Ans. 20 & 130.
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited- HPCL is a Fortune 500 company, with an annual turnover of Rs. 1,08,599 Crores and sales/income from operations of Rs 1,14,889 Crores (US$ 25,306 Millions) during FY 2009-10, having about 20% Marketing share in India and a strong market infrastructure.
HPCL operates 2 major refineries producing a wide variety of petroleum fuels & specialties, one in Mumbai (West Coast) of 6.5 Million Metric Tonnes Per Annum (MMTPA) capacity and the other in Vishakapatnam, (East Coast) with a capacity of 8.3 MMTPA. HPCL holds an equity stake of 16.95% in Mangalore Refinery & Petrochemicals Limited, a state-of-the-art refinery at Mangalore with a capacity of 9 MMTPA
HPCL also owns and operates the largest Lube Refinery in the country producing Lube Base Oils of international standards, with a capacity of 335 TMT. This Lube Refinery accounts for over 40% of the India's total Lube Base Oil production.
Working at HPCL - Why should i Join HPCL?:-
HPCL has earned "Excellent" performance for fifteen Consecutive years upto 2005-06, since signing of the first MOU with the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas. HPCL won the prestigious MOU Award for the year 2007-08 for Excellent Overall Performance, and for being one of the Top Ten Public Sector Enterprises who fall under the 'Excellent' category. HPCL's performance for the year 2008-09 also qualifies for "Excellent" rating.
Address of HPCL:-
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)
17, Jamshedji Tata Road,
Ph:- 022- 22863709, 16, 22863577
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at firstname.lastname@example.org)