Here are the details of HPCL Placement Paper - II job in HPCL. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
Welcome to HPCL Placement Paper 2011. Here you will find HPCL Placement Paper Pattern and Download questions with Answers & Solutions.
HPCL Placement Paper 2011:-
1. Casse grain feed is used with a parabolic reflector to
a.) increase the gain of the system
b). increase the bandwidth of the system
c.) reduce the size of the main reflector
d.) allow the feed to be placed at a convenient point.
2 In most microwave communication link rain drop attenuation is caused due to-
a.) scattering of microwaves by water drops of specific size.
b) scattering of microwaves by a collection of droplets acing as a single body.
c.) absorption of microwaves by water and consequent heating of the liquid
d.) absorption of the microwaves by water vapor in the atmosphere.
3. When a (75 – j40)W load is connected to a coaxial line of Z0 = 75 W at 6MHz then the load matching on the line can be accomplished by connecting-
a.) A short – circuited stub at the load
b.)An inductance at the load
c. )A short circuited stub at a specific distance from the load
d.)none of the above
4. As compared to analog multimeters, digital Multimeters's are –
a.) less accurate
b.) more accurate
c.) equally accurate
5. When a signal of 10 mV at 75 MHz is to be measured then which of the following instruments can be used –
b.) Cathode ray oscilloscope
c.) Moving iron voltmeter
d.) Digital multimeter
6. Amplifier of class B has high theoretical efficiency of 78.5 percent because-
a.) It is biased almost to saturation
b.)Its quiescent current is low
c.)It’s output is an exact replica of it’s input
d.)It is biased well below cut off
7. Export PS1 results in(PS1 pwd)
a) primary prompt being your current directory
b) primary prompt and secondary prompts being the current directory
c) primary prompt prompt being your home directory
d) primary prompt and secondary prompts being the home directory
e) None of the above.
8. If you type in the command nohup sort employees > list 2 > error out & and log off ,the next time you log in, the output will be
a) in a file called list and the error will de typed in a file error out
b) there will be no file called list or error out
c) error will be logged in a file called list and o/p will be in error out
d) you will not be allowed to log in
e) none of the above
9. f x,y,z are the marbles initially with A,B,C respectively.
Then the number of marbles B have at the end
(d) x + y-z
10. If the total number of marbles are 72, then the number of marbles with A at the starting
11. If a car starts from A towards B with some velocity. Due to some problem in the engine after traveling 30km, the car goes with 4/5 th of its actual velocity
The car reaches B 45 min later to the actual time. If the car engine fails after traveling 45km, the car reaches the destination B 36min late to the actual time What is the initial velocity of car and what is the distance between A and B in km
Ans. 20 & 130.
12. A person has Rs 100/- in his pocket, he can as 25 pencils or 15 books. He kept 15% of the money for traveling expenses and purchased 5 pencils. So how many books he can purchase with the remaining money.
13. The ratio of two specific heats of air is equal to. = 1.41
14. A perfect gas at 270C is heated at constant pressure till its volume is double. The final temperature is = 3270C
15. An engine operates between temperature of 9000K and T2 and another engine between T2 and 8000K. For both to do equal work, value of T2 will be. = 6500K
16. Internal energy of a substance depends on = Temperature
17. Work done in compressing 1kg of gas adiabatically from p1,V1,T1 to p2, V2, T2 is equal to = Cv(T2-T1)
18. Given following sequence, find the next term in the series:
(i) 0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 12, 12, 20, 16, ____ Ans: 12
(ii) 3, 6, 13, 26, 33, 66, ___ Ans: 53
19. Three customers want haircut and a shave. In a saloon, two barbers operate at same speed. They take quarter of an hour for the haircut and 5 mins for the shave. How quickly can they finish the haircut and shave of these three customers?
Ans: 30 minutes
20. A shopkeeper likes to arrange and rearrange his collection of stamps. He arranges them sometimes in pair, sometimes in bundle of three, sometimes in bundle of fours, occasionally in bundle of fives and sixes. Every time he's left with one stamp in hand after arrangement in bundles. But if he arranges in the bundle of seven, he's not left with any stamp. How many stamps does a shopkeeper have?
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited- HPCL is a Fortune 500 company, with an annual turnover of Rs. 1,08,599 Crores and sales/income from operations of Rs 1,14,889 Crores (US$ 25,306 Millions) during FY 2009-10, having about 20% Marketing share in India and a strong market infrastructure.
HPCL operates 2 major refineries producing a wide variety of petroleum fuels & specialties, one in Mumbai (West Coast) of 6.5 Million Metric Tonnes Per Annum (MMTPA) capacity and the other in Vishakapatnam, (East Coast) with a capacity of 8.3 MMTPA. HPCL holds an equity stake of 16.95% in Mangalore Refinery & Petrochemicals Limited, a state-of-the-art refinery at Mangalore with a capacity of 9 MMTPA
HPCL also owns and operates the largest Lube Refinery in the country producing Lube Base Oils of international standards, with a capacity of 335 TMT. This Lube Refinery accounts for over 40% of the India's total Lube Base Oil production.
Working at HPCL - Why should i Join HPCL?:-
HPCL has earned "Excellent" performance for fifteen Consecutive years upto 2005-06, since signing of the first MOU with the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas. HPCL won the prestigious MOU Award for the year 2007-08 for Excellent Overall Performance, and for being one of the Top Ten Public Sector Enterprises who fall under the 'Excellent' category. HPCL's performance for the year 2008-09 also qualifies for "Excellent" rating.
Address of HPCL:-
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)
17, Jamshedji Tata Road,
Ph:- 022- 22863709, 16, 22863577
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at email@example.com)