Here are the details of Head Bio diversity job in Tata Power. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
Associate Company Name:- The Tata Power Company Ltd.
Position Type:- Permanent
Desired Candidate Profile:-
• Develop procedures to assess business operations for their impact on biodiversity and mitigation plans
• Develop a strategy and action plan to address the biodiversity issues at our all locations mainly near to sea/ river as well as for Hydros
• Develop a PDCA (Plan Do Check Act) cycle to ensure adherence to set strategy
• To study ecological optimisation of Hydro assets and plan for the same
• Develop a process for assessing risks and managing opportunities from biodiversity
• Investigate, prepare, report on and/or provide strategic advice on funding and grant applications to implement actions outlined in the Biodiversity Strategy.
• Provide feedback and advice relating to conservation matters on planning referrals
• Coordinate with the Sustainability team at Corporate level as well as with plant personnel of Environment, Sustainability department and Community relations team
• Ensure compliance with Biological Diversity Act (2002) and Convention on Biological Diversity
• Coordinate with internal stakeholders as well as external for e.g SPCB, MoEF, WWF, WII
• Reporting on Biodiversity indicators as per GRI G3.1 framework in the Sustainability report along with success stories and Case studies from TP
• Carry out all duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post
"1. Drive for results
2. Innovation Mgmt.
3. Managing Vision & Purpose
4. Strategic capability
5. People development
6. Interpersonal effectiveness
7. Building Effective teams"
8. Timely Decision making
9. Dealing with ambiguity
10. Takes ownership
Bachelor in Science (Zoology)
Master in Science(Zoology)
Required Experience:- 20-25 yrs
Functional Area:- Sustainability
Industry:- Oil and Gas / Power / Infrastructure / Energy
Last Date for Apply:- Jan 05, 2013
About Tata Power:-
Tata Power is an India’s largest private sector power utility, with a reputation for trustworthiness, built up over nearly nine decades, Tata Power surges ahead into yet another year with plans of sustained growth, greater value to consumer and reliable power supply.
Tata Power has an installed power generation capacity of about 3000 Mega Watts, with the Mumbai power business, which has a unique mix of Thermal and Hydro Power, generated at the Thermal Power Station, Trombay, and the Hydro Electric Power Stations at Bhira, Bhivpuri and Khopoli, accounting for 1797 MW. Its diverse generation capability facilitates the company in producing low cost energy, thereby giving its consumers a greater value for money. Tata Power has a first of its kind joint venture with Power Grid Corporation of India for the 1200 km Tala Transmission Project.
Why Tata Power - Why should i join Tata Power:-
Tata Power ranks among India’s top listed private companies on all major financial parameters, including assets, sales, profits and market capitalisation. Tata Power is committed to creating sustainable value for all its stakeholders and be amongst the most admired integrated Power and Energy company in the world by setting new benchmarks in standards of corporate governance, operational and financial excellence, responsible corporate citizenship and profitable growth.
Tata Power is able to deliver uninterrupted reliable power consistently by bringing together highly talented people in a creative, collaborative environment. It’s what makes daily challenges enjoyable and rewarding and is one of the reasons why Tata Power is a great place to work.
At Tata Power, the indomitable spirit of power creates an intense united force. The zealous involvement of our teamwork has led to helping us deliver unbeatable power generation and efficiency throughout. At Tata Power, freedom inspires ideas and working environment nurtures excellence.
Address of Tata Power:-
Bombay House, 24, Homi Mody Street, Fort,
Mumbai - 400 001, INDIA.
Tel: (91 22) 6665 8282
Fax: (91 22) 6665 8801
The Tata Power Company Limited
Strategy and Business Development Department
Corporate Center Block A,
34 Sant Tukaram Road, Carnac Bunder,
Mumbai - 400 009
Tel : (91 22) 6665 8733
Fax : (91 22) 6665 8626
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at email@example.com)