Here are the details of Infosys Placement Paper I job in Infosys. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
Welcome to Infosys Placement Paper Infosys 2010. Here you will find Infosys Placement Paper Pattern and Download questions of Infosys Placement Paper 2010 with Answers & Solutions.
Infosys Placement Paper Pattern 2010:-
1) arithmetic and reasoning skills : 30 questions -----40 mins
2) verbal English grammar & comprehension) : 40 questions -----30 mins
Infosys Placement Paper 2010:-
1. There is a merry-go-round race going on.One person says,"1/3 of those in front of me and 3/4 of those behind me, give the total number of children in the race". Then the number of children took part in the race? (repeated from previous papers)
[ Assume there are x participants in the race.In a round race,no: of participants in front of a person wil be x-1 an that behind him wil b x-1. i.e, 1/3(x-1) + 3/4(x-1) = x ; solving x = 13 ]
2. In an Island the natives lie and visitors speak truth. A man wants to know whether a salesman beside him in a bar is a native or visitor. He asked him to ask a woman beside him whether she is a native or visitor. He replied "she says she is a visitor". Then he knew that the salesman is a native or visitor. salesman is in which category , native or visitor?
[ Draw table and see ]
3.A man fixed an appointment to meet the manager, Manager asked him to come two days after the day before the day after tomorrow. Today is Friday. When will the manager expect him? (repeated from previous papers)
[Don't confuse it with Tuesday.the correct answer is Monday]
5.A man said he spent 1/6 of his as a child, 1/12 as salesman in a liquor shop, 1/7 and 5 years as a politician and a good husband respectively. At that time Jim was born. Jim was elected as Alderman four years back.when he was half of his age. What is his age? (repeated from previous papers)
Ans: 84 years
[Assume that he lived x years. X/6 + x/12 + x/7 + 5 + 4 + x/2 = x. Solving x= 84, Same as Question in Shakundala Devi book]
6.Jack,Doug and Ann, 3 children had a running race while returning from school.Mom asked who won the race. Then Jack replied" I wont tell u.I wil give u a clue,When Ann takes 28 steps Doug takes 24 steps, meantime I take 21 steps. Jack explained that his 6 steps equals Droug's 7 steps and Ann's 8 steps. Who won the race? (repeated from previous papers)
[ Ann steps = 8,16,24,28 --- finished by 3 & half full steps
Doug steps=7,14,21,24 --- finished before 3 & half full steps
Jack steps= 6,12,18,21 --- finished by 3 & half full steps
So Doug won the race ]
7. Every day a cyclist meets a car at the station.The road is straight and both are travelling in the same direction. The cyclist travels with a speed of 12 mph.One day the cyclist comes late by 20 min. and meets the car 5miles before the Station. What is the speed of the car?
Ans: 60 mph
[Very similar to Shakuntala Devi puzzles to puzzle you problem no: 38 ]
9.A lady goes for shopping. She bought some shoestrings. 4 times the number of shoestrings, she bought pins and 8 times, handkerchiefs. She paid each item with their count as each piece's cost. She totally spent Rs. 3.24.How many handkerchiefs did she buy? (repeated from previous papers)
10. Complete the series :
a) 3,6,13,26,33,66,____(repeated from previous papers)
b) 364,361,19,16,4,1,___( " " " )
Ans: a) 63
11. Lucia is a wonderful grandmother. Her age is between 50 and 70.Each of her sons have as many sons as they have brothers. Their combined number gives Lucia?s age. What is the age?
12.There are two towers A and B. Their heights are 200ft and 150ft respectively and the foot of the towers are 250ft apart. Two birds on top of each tower fly down with the same speed and meet at the same instant on the ground to pick a grain. What is the distance between the foot of tower A and the grain?
13 Grass in lawn grows equally thick and in a uniform rate. It takes 40 days for 40 cows and 60 days for 30 cows to eat the whole of the grass. How many days does it take for 20 cows to do the same?
13. Four tourists A,B,C,D and four languages English, German, French and Italian. They are not able to converse among themselves in one language. Though A does not know English he can act as an interpreter between B and C. No one spoke both French and German. A knows German and was able to converse with D who doesn?t know a word in German. Only one language was spoken by more than two persons. Each spoke two languages. Find who spoke what.
Ans: A- German,Italian
14. There is a five digit number. It has two prime digits (1 is not a prime number). Third digit is the highest. Second digit is the lowest. First digit is one less than the third digit. The fifth digit is half of the fourth. The sum of 4th and 5th is less than the first. Find the number.
Ans ? 71842
15.6. Four persons A, B, C and D are playing cards. Each person has one card, laid down on the table below him, which has two different colours on either side. No card has the same color on both sides. The colours visible on the table are Red, Green, Red and Blue respectively. They see the color on the reverse side and give the following comment.
A: Yellow or Green
B: Neither Blue nor Green
C: Blue or Yellow
D: Blue or Yellow
Given that out of the 4 people 2 always lie find out the colours on the cards each person.
Ans: A- Yellow
16. A 1 k.m. long wire is held by n poles. If one pole is removed, the length of the gap becomes 12/3m. What is the number of poles initially?
17. Find the digits X,Y,Z
X X X X
Y Y Y Y +
Z Z Z Z
Y X X X Z
Ans: X Y Z
9 1 8
18. A man starts walking at 3 pm . ha walks at a speed of 4 km/hr on level ground and at a speed of 3 km/hr on uphill , 6 km/hr downhill and then 4 km/hr on level ground to reach home at 9 pm. What is the distance covered on one way?
Ans: 12 km
19. A grandma has many sons; each son has as many sons as his brothers. What is her age if it?s the product of the no: of her sons and grandsons plus no: of her sons?(age b/w 70 and 100).
20. An electric wire runs for 1 km b/w some no: of poles. If one pole is removed the distance b/w each pole increases by 1 2/6 (mixed fraction). How many poles were there initially?
21. There is a church tower 150 feet tall and another catholic tower at a distance of 350 feet from it which is 200 feet tall. There is one each bird sitting on top of both the towers. They fly at a constant speed and time to reach a grain in b/w the towers at the same time. At what distance from the church is the grain?
22. A person wants to meet a lawyer and as that lawyer is busy he asks him to come three days after the before day of the day after tomorrow? on which day the lawyer asks the person to come?
23. A person is 80 years old in 490 and only 70 years old in 500 in which year is he born?
24.A person says that their speed while going to a city was 10mph however while returning as there is no much traffic they came with a speed of 15mph. what is their average speed?
25. There is a peculiar island where a man always tells truth and a women never says two 2 consecutive truth or false statements that is if she says truth statement then she says false statement next and vice versa. A boy and girl also goes in the same way. one day i asked a child " what r u a boy or a girl" however the
child replied in their language that i dint understand but the parents knew my language and one parent replied that " kibi is a boy" the other one said that "no kibi is a girl, kibi lied".
a: is kibi a boy or a girl
b: who ansered first mother or father?
Ans: kibi is a girl and mother answered first.
26. The boy goes to school reaches railway station at his 1/3 of his journey& mill at 1/4 of his journey the time taken him to walk between railway station & mill is 5 mins. Also he reaches railway station at 7.35amwhen he started from house& when he reaches school?
27. if a person is sitting in a exam having 30 questions (objective type) the examiner use the formula to calculate the score is S=30+4c-w here c is number
of correct answer and w is number of wrong answer , the examiner find the score is more than 80, tell how may questions are correct ? if the score is little less
but still more than 80 then u wont be able to answer.
28. if a person having 1000 rs and he want to distribute this to his five children in the manner that ecah son having 20 rs more than the younger one , what will
be the share of youngest child
29.raju having some coins want to distribute to his 5 son , 5 daughter and driver in a manner that , he gave fist coin to driver and 1/5 of remaining to first
son he again gave one to driver and 1/5 to 2nd son and so on.... at last he equally distributed all the coins to 5 daughters. how many coins raju initially have???
30.if ravi binded his book and the binder cut the pages of the book , ravi decided to mark the pages by himself own , what he found that number of three
appears 61 times find of number of pages answer
ans - 300
31. a painter went in a exhibition to purchases some pictures where T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z pictures were remaining , he want to buy only five in the condition on that
if T is there then X should not be there,
if U is there than y should be there
if if v is there then X should be there
which is the combination the painter can have
32.There are 100 men in town. Out of which 85% were married, 70% have a phone, 75% own a car, 80% own a house. What is the maximum number of people who are married, own a phone, own a car and own a house ? ( 3 marks)
33. There are 10 Red, 10 Blue, 10 Green, 10 Yellow, 10 White balls in a bag. If you are blindfolded and asked to pick up the balls from the bag, what is the minimum number of balls required to get a pair of atleast one colour ? ( 2 Marks)
Sol :6 balls.
34. Triplet who usually wear same kind and size of shoes, namely, Annie, Danny, Fanny. Once one of them broke a glass in kitchen and their shoe prints were there on floor of kitchen. When their mother asked who broke Annie said, ?I didn?t do it?; Fanny said ?Danny did it?; Danny said ?Fanny is lieing?; here two of them are lieing, one is speaking truth. Can you find out who broke it ? (3 Marks)
Sol : Annie
35. 4 players were playing a card game. Cards had different colours on both sides. Neither of cards had same colour on both sides. Colours were 2 Red, 2 Blue, 2 Green, 2 Yellow. Cards were lying in front of each player. Now, each player knew the colour on other side of his card. They are required to tell their colour.
Statement given by each of them was :
Annie : Blue or Green
Bobby : Neither Blue nor Green
Cindy : Blue or Yellow
Danny : Blue or Yellow
colours of cards that are visible to all were Red, Blue, Green, Blue in order of their names. Exactly two of them are telling truth and exactly two of them are lieing. Can you tell the colour on other face of card for each player ? (6 Marks)
Sol : Annie : Yellow (Lieing)
Bobby : Yellow (Telling truth)
Cindy : Blue (Telling truth)
Danny : Green (Lieing)
36. In a game i won 12 games, each game if i loose i will give u one chocolate, You have 8 chocolates how many games played.
38. 75 persons Major in physics, 83 major in chemistry, 10 not at major in these subjects u want to find number of students majoring in both subjects
39. if A wins in a race against B by 10 mts in a 100 Meter race. If B is behind of A by 10 mts. Then they start running race, who will won?
40. A+B+C+D=D+E+F+G=G+H+I=17 given A=4.Find value of G and H?
Ans: G = 5 E=1
41. One guy has Rs. 100/- in hand. He has to buy 100 balls. One football costs Rs. 15/, One Cricket ball costs Re. 1/- and one table tennis ball costs Rs. 0.25 He spend the whole Rs. 100/- to buy the balls. How many of each balls he bought?
42. The distance between Station Atena and Station Barcena is 90 miles. A train starts from Atena towards Barcena. A bird starts at the same time from Barcena straight towards the moving train. On reaching the train, it instantaneously turns back and returns to Barcena. The bird makes these journeys from Barcena to
the train and back to Barcena continuously till the train reaches Barcena. The bird finally returns to Barcena and rests. Calculate the total distance in miles the bird travels in the following two cases:
(a) The bird flies at 90 miles per hour and the speed of the train is 60 miles per hour.
(b) the bird flies at 60 miles per hour and the speed of the train is 90 miles per hour
Ans: time of train=1hr.so dist of bird=60*1=60miles
43. A tennis championship is played on a knock-out basis, i.e., a player is out of the tournament when he loses a match.
(a) How many players participate in the tournament if 15 matches are totally played?
(b) How many matches are played in the tournament if 50 players totally participate?
44.When I add 4 times my age 4 years from now to 5 times my age 5 years from now, I get 10 times my current age. How old will I be 3 years from now?
45.A rich merchant had collected many gold coins. He did not want anybody to know about them. One day, his wife asked, "How many gold coins do we have?" After pausing a moment, he replied, "Well! If I divide the coins into two unequal numbers, then 37 times the difference between the two numbers equals the difference between the squares of the two numbers." The wife looked puzzled. Can you help the merchant's wife by finding out how many gold R
46. A set of football matches is to be organized in a "round-robin" fashion, i.e., every participating team plays a match against every other team once and only once. If 21 matches are totally played, how many teams participated?
47. Glenn and Jason each have a collection of cricket balls. Glenn said that if Jason would give him 2 of his balls they would have an equal number; but, if Glenn would give Jason 2 of his balls, Jason would have 2 times as many balls as Glenn. How many balls does Jason have?
48. Suppose 8 monkeys take 8 minutes to eat 8 bananas.
a) How many minutes would it take 3 monkeys to eat 3 bananas?
(b) How many monkeys would it take to eat 48 bananas in 48 minutes
49. It was vacation time, and so I decided to visit my cousin's home. What a grand time we had!
In the mornings, we both would go for a jog. The evenings were spent on the tennis court. Tiring as these activities were, we could manage only one per day, i.e., either we went for a jog or played tennis each day. There were days when we felt lazy and stayed home all day long. Now, there were 12 mornings when we did nothing, 18 evenings when we stayed at home, and a total of 14 days when we jogged or played tennis. For how many days did I stay at my cousin's place?
Ans: 22 days
50 A 31" x 31" square metal plate needs to be fixed by a carpenter on to a wooden board. The carpenter uses nails all along the edges of the square such that there are 32 nails on each side of the square. Each nail is at the same distance from the neighboring nails. How many nails does the carpenter use?
Infosys is a global leader in the "next generation" of IT and consulting with revenues of US$ 5.4 billion. Infosys has a global footprint with 63 offices and development centers in India, China, Australia, the Czech Republic, Poland, the UK, Canada and Japan. Infosys and its subsidiaries have 122,468 employees as on September 30, 2010.
Working at Infosys - Why Should i Join Infosys?
- It's one of the fastest growing companies in the world. The opportunities for you are endless.
- It's the next generation IT services and consulting company
- You get onto a global track
- It is the pioneer, and the best practitioner, of the GDM: this is redefining the way business is done.
- It lets you enjoy entrepreneurial freedom
Address of Infosys:-
Plot No. 44 & 97A,
Bangalore - 560 100
Phone:+91 80 2852 0261
Fax:+91 80 2852 0362
Infosys Chandigarh STPI
DLF Building, Plot No 2,
Rajiv Gandhi Chandigarh Technology Park,
Phone: (0172) 5021100 /6609595
Fax: +91 172 504 6222
Plot No. 1,
Rajiv Gandhi Infotech Park
Hinjawadi, Taluka Mulshi
Pune - 411 057
Phone: +91 20 2293 2800/01
Fax: +91 20 2293 2832
Mittal Towers, 8th Floor,
Mumbai - 400 021
Phone: +91 22 2284 6490
Fax: +91 22 2284 6489
Old Mahabalipuram Road,
Chennai - 600 119.
Phone: +91 44 2450 9530 / 40
Fax: +91 44 2450 0390
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at email@example.com)