Here are the details of MSG Application and Customer Enablement Engineer job in Freescale. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
Job Posting: Mar 7, 2011
Primary Location: IN-Uttar Pradesh-Noida-Noida Plot 2&3 (ZIN45)
Job: IC Design
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Job Type: Experienced
Microcontroller Solutions Group
The Microcontroller Solutions Group (MSG) is a global leader in the design, manufacturing and marketing of microcontrollers (MCUs) and embedded processors in the automotive, consumer and industrial markets. These products include 8-, 16- and 32-bit MCUs, 16-bit digital signal controllers (DSCs) and 32-bit microprocessors, as well as wireless connectivity solutions. Freescale is the world's No. 1 supplier of semiconductors to global auto manufacturers and the No. 2 supplier of MCUs. We provide comprehensive design solutions, including software, development tools, application support, training, documentation and reference platforms, enabling our customers to rapidly go to market.
Profile of a Application & Reference design engineer is developing the hardware, Software, Application software & finally the sales & customer support.
Development wrt new silicon enablement requires hardware design to validating the silicon & characterization of the analog SOC & IP's , Generate the customer enablement solutions, application Notes, Special design consideration docs, Software drivers, application Software, develop the utilities for the customers to evaluate the Silicon performance .
Performance Validation of the Si, Embedded System, Embedded software, Application software, profiling of the CPU performance and the software tasks.
Provide application support to customers & Sales through system and device level analysis of existing and emerging applications,Debug of customer issues and finding solutions, support through application notes, datasheets, behavioral models and hardware models. Training to sales, FAE's & customers for new technology as well new applications.
Familiarity with Embedded hardware designs and Software designs development processes.
Must familiar with the version control tools and methodologies.
1. To provide technical assistance on customer design
2. Define Technical solutions by preparing technical elements of proposal.
3. Supporting the sales team in technical product presentation and demonstration
4. Interact closely with vendor to understand new technologies/architectures and effective implementation of customer applications, Follow up and monitor all the customers’ activities on opportunities.
5. Quickly resolve second-level software problems through advanced troubleshooting, working with the client and escalating to Testing, Product Management and Development when appropriate.
6. Prioritize numerous issues of varying severity, and effectively manage the resolution of all issues within accepted service levels.
7. Handle customer/junior team member's escalations and work with Current Engineering and other departments to resolve issues quickly and professionally.
8. Identify the root cause of problems and initiate activity aimed at establishing workarounds or permanent solutions to these identified problems.
9. Help build test cases for highly complex issues.
10. Mentor junior team members on technical issues and be available for any escalations
11. Develop and maintain strong customer support relationships with key Customers and Stakeholders
12. Contribute to Knowledge Base in conjunction with the execution of issue resolution duties.
13. Participate in new product rollouts, testing, documentation and operational improvement projects
14. Contribute to Knowledge Base in conjunction with the execution of issue resolution duties.
Experience in conducting validation tests like environmental tests, vibration tests, transient tests and EMC tests,tests for automotive , consumer & Industrial products & equipment etc. Capable of handling lab equipments like storage oscilloscopes, Logic analyzers, metering calibration & test bench, thermal chambers, spectrum analyzers etc. for validating designs on different products.
Hands on experience in conducting validation tests like environmental tests, vibration tests, transient tests and EMI\EMC tests.
Hands on experience on CAD tools for schematic , PCB design.
Knowledge of running all the EMI, PI etc testing and analysis tools for the designs.
Should have sound knowledge in C, Assembly , RTOS concepts & knowledge of C++ is a plus.
Firmware Development , Interfaces: UART, I2C, SPI, LAN etc.
Freescale is the global leader in embedded processing solutions, advancing the automotive, consumer, industrial and networking markets. From microprocessors and microcontrollers to sensors, analog ICs and connectivity – our technologies are the foundation to the innovations that make our world greener, safer, healthier and more connected.
Freescale, a privately held company, is headquartered in Austin, Texas with design, research and development, manufacturing and sales operations in more than 20 countries.
Working at Freescale - Why should i join Freescale?:-
Freescale's software and development solutions go beyond the silicon, helping to bring embedded applications to life. Freescale equip design engineers with comprehensive solutions, including the software and tools, ecosystem solutions and reference systems, reducing design complexity and accelerating time to market.
Freescale offers a variety of face-to-face and online training options to support design initiatives from design conception throughout the development cycle and beyond. From hands-on “Designing with Freescale” seminars held throughout the world to self-paced on-demand training, design competitions and our flagship event, the Freescale Technology Forum, engineers can get world-class training in a format that works best for them.
"Freescale is honored to be named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies, validating our commitment to promoting a solid ethical environment within our corporation," said Larry Parsons, vice president of Business Conduct and Ethics. "We've seen so many changes in the macroeconomic environment and the semiconductor market that it feels good to know that some things – like Freescale's unwavering commitment to acting ethically and responsibly – have stayed the same. And it feels even better to be recognized for these efforts."
Address of Freescale:-
Freescale Semiconductor India Pvt. Ltd.
4th, 5th, 6th & 7th Floors
Express Trade Tower
Plot Nos-15 & 16
Noida (UP) 201301
Freescale Semiconductor India Pvt. Ltd.
4th, 5th & 6th Floor
Sarjapur - Outer Ring Road
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at email@example.com)