Here are the details of Managing Consultant - ISL job in IBM. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
Posted on:- 24-Jan-2013
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:-
• Participating in the Consulting Services sales process including preparing accurate estimates for the Statement of Work (SOW)
• Identifying project resource requirements and required skills for project success
• Defining the solution technical design for solution hardware and software, hardware and software configurations, product extensions, interfaces, etc.
• Providing product implementation expertise including system architecture design, application functionality and design, development, testing, and deployment
• Communicating all project issues related to system architecture design, application design, development, testing, and deployment
• Reviewing and delivering on-time and high quality project deliverables
• Conducting QA reviews of custom developed code to ensure overall quality and compliance with the Sterling Commerce development framework
• Performing solution architecture audits
• Driving the estimating effort for Statement of Work related to Customer Enhancement Services
• Participating in the recruiting and office development activities
• Mentoring the functional and technical consultants on an engagement
• Acting as the client liaison with Product Management / Engineering for developing custom client solutions
• Providing feedback to Product Management / Engineering on product roadmap
• Participating in Engineering design reviews for new product versions and designing future product functionality into active engagements
• Provides understanding of system constraints and performance implications and can characterize the solution holistically.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:-
• Strong knowledge in value chain management (supply chain and demand chain) with emphasis on order fulfillment and order management.
• Experience with application development and system architecture design; working knowledge of Unix (HP, IBM, Sun, DEC/Compaq, Red Hat LINUX) and Windows, C++, Java, and XML
• Experience working with Sterling Commerce’s complementary products: BEA Weblogic, IBM WebSphere, WebMethods, Cognos, JMS compliant queues (MSMQ, WebLogic JMS)
• Experience working with product that touch Sterling Commerce’s integrations points: CRM products, ERP products, EAI tools, merchandising systems, other WMS products, point of sale products, payment processing applications, tax calculation packages, shipping applications, etc.
• Experience with object oriented programming languages such as Java and C++
• Deep knowledge of Java programming (Servlets, JSP, EJB, JDBC, Swing)
• Experience in XML, XML parsers, and XSL
• Experience working with Oracle, DB2 and SQL Server databases: database sizing, troubleshooting, and performance tuning
• Ability to travel 80%
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong knowledge of software product issues
• Experience managing relationships with clients at the senior technical management level
• Experience delivering enterprise solution implementations.
10+ years of Supply Chain System implementations, system integration and consulting experience with 3+ years of lead architect of enterprise application implementations.Sterling Products experience - Order Management, Warehouse Management , WebSphere commerce would be a big plus.
Experience in implementing J2EE based application as per design; Based on following, but not limited to: Servlets, JSPs, EJBs, SOA, Dojo, HTML, CSS.Experience in design and development of WebSphere Commerce application.
- Install and configure the development tool
- Customize the store front
- Implement access control and caching features
- Integrate with external systems like Address Verification systems etc
- Test, troubleshoot and debug
- Package and deploy customized code
- Customize the optional components (e.g. IBM Gift Center, Coremetrics)
Required Skills - Technical and Non Technical
Web Services (SOAP/WSDL)
Supply Chain Domain Knowledge
IBM has been present in India since 1992. IBM India's solutions and services span all major industries including financial services, healthcare, government, automotive, telecommunications and education, among others. As a trusted partner with wide-ranging service capabilities, IBM helps clients transform and succeed in challenging circumstances. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, uniquely distinguishes IBM India from other companies in the industry.
IBM India has clearly established itself as one of the leaders in the Indian Information Technology (IT) Industry - and continues to transform itself to align with global markets and geographies to grow this leadership position. Widely recognised as an employer of choice, IBM holds numerous awards for its industry-leading employment practices and policies.
Working at IBM - Why should i Join IBM?:-
IBM offers competitive benefits, as well as an industry-leading practice of performance-based bonuses for all employees. It believe that global innovation demands diverse employees and attractive work/life initiatives that sustain, and retain, them. IBM gives you the power to design your workday, and your life, according to your unique styles and needs.
Address of IBM:-
IBM India Private Limited
Bangalore - 29.
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at email@example.com)