Here are the details of Mphasis Technical Interview Questions 2011 job in MphasiS. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
Welcome to Mphasis technical interview questions 2011 Paper. Here you will find Mphasis technical interview questions 2011 with Answers & Solutions.
2011 Mphasis technical interview questions:-
1. How is linked list implemented
Ans. By referential structures
2. What is meant by functional dependency
3. What is a semaphore
Ans. A method synchronization of multiple processes
4. What is the precedence order from high to low ,of the symbols ( ) ++ /
Ans.( ) , ++, /
5. Preorder of A*(B+C)/D-G
6. B-tree (failure nodes at same level)
7. Dense index (index record appears for every search -key in file)
8. What is the efficiency of merge sort
Ans. O(n log n)
9. program on swapping ( 10,5 )was given (candidate cannot recollect)
10. Which of the following sorting algorithem has average sorting behavior -- Bubble sort, merge sort, heap sort, exchange sort
Ans. Heap sort
11. In binary search tree which traversal is used for getting ascending order values--Inorder ,post order,preorder
12. What are device drivers used for
Ans. To provide software for enabling the hardware
13. Irrevalent to unix command ( getty)
14. What is fork command in unix
Ans. System call used to create process
15. What is make command in Unix
Ans. Used for creation of more than one file
16. In unix .profile contains
Ans. Start up program
17. In unix echo is used for ( answer C)
18. M men agree to purchase a gift for Rs. D. If three men drop out how much more will each have to contribute towards the purchase of the gift/
19. A company contracts to paint 3 houses. Mr.Brown can paint a house in 6 days while Mr.Black would take 8 days and Mr.Blue 12 days. After 8 days Mr.Brown goes on vacation and Mr. Black begins to work for a period of 6 days. How many days will it take Mr.Blue to complete the contract?
20. 2 hours after a freight train leaves Delhi a passenger train leaves the same station traveling in the same direction at an average speed of 16 km/hr. After traveling 4 hrs the passenger train overtakes the freight train. The average speed of the freight train was?
21. If 9x-3y=12 and 3x-5y=7 then 6x-2y = ?
22. The office staff of XYZ corporation presently consists of three bookkeepers--A, B, C and 5 secretaries D, E, F, G, H. The management is planning to open a new office in another city using 2 bookkeepers and 3 secretaries of the present staff . To do so they plan to separate certain individuals who don't function well together. The following guidelines were established to set up the new office
I. Bookkeepers A and C are constantly finding fault with one another and should not be sent together to the new office as a team
II. C and E function well alone but not as a team , they should be seperated
III. D and G have not been on speaking terms and shouldn't go together
IV Since D and F have been competing for promotion they shouldn't be a team
23. If A is to be moved as one of the bookeepers,which of the following cannot be a possible working unit.
24. If C and F are moved to the new office, how many combinations are possible
25. If C is sent to the new office,which member of the staff cannot go with C
26. Under the guidelines developed, which of the following must go to the new office
27. If D goes to the new office, which of the following is/are true
I.C cannot go
II.A cannot go
III.H must also go
C.I and II only
D.I and III only
28. After months of talent searching for an administrative assistant to the president of the college the field of applicants has been narrowed down to 5--A, B, C, D, E .It was announced that the finalist would be chosen after a series of all-day group personal interviews were held.The examining committee agreed upon the following procedure
I.The interviews will be held once a week
II.3 candidates will appear at any all-day interview session
III.Each candidate will appear at least once
IV.If it becomes necessary to call applicants for additonal interviews, no more 1 such applicant should be asked to appear the next week
V.Because of a detail in the written applications,it was agreed that whenever candidate B appears, A should also be present.
VI.Because of travel difficulties it was agreed that C will appear for only 1 interview.
29. At the first interview the following candidates appear A,B,D.Which of the follwing combinations can be called for the interview to be held next week.
30. Which of the following is a possible sequence of combinations for interviews in 2 successive weeks
31. If A ,B and D appear for the interview and D is called for additional interview the following week,which 2 candidates may be asked to appear with D ?
A.I and II
B.I and III only
C.II and III only
D.III and IV only
32. Which of the following correctly state's the procedure followed by the search committee
I.After the second interview all applicants have appeared at least once
II.The committee sees each applicant a second time
III.If a third session,it is possible for all applicants to appear at least twice
D.Both I and II
33. A certain city is served by subway lines A,B and C and numbers 1 2 and 3 When it snows , morning service on B is delayed When it rains or snows , service on A, 2 and 3 are delayed both in the morning and afternoon When temp. falls below 30 degrees farenheit afternoon service is cancelled in either the A line or the 3 line, but not both. When the temperature rises over 90 degrees farenheit, the afternoon service is cancelled in either the line C or the 3 line but not both. When the service on the A line is delayed or cancelled, service on the C line which connects the A line, is delayed. When service on the 3 line is cancelled, service on the B line which connects the 3 line is delayed.
34. On Jan 10th, with the temperature at 15 degree farenheit, it snows all day. On how many lines will service be
affected, including both morning and afternoon.
35. On Aug 15th with the temperature at 97 degrees Fahrenheit it begins to rain at 1 PM. What is the minimum number
of lines on which service will be affected?
MphasiS consistently delivers Applications services, Infrastructure services, and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) services globally through a combination of technology knowhow, domain and process expertise.
MphasiS supports G1000 companies around the world in the improvement of their business processes. Our unique strength lies in our ability to provide integrated solutions involving Applications, Business Process Outsourcing, and Infrastructure services capabilities. The convergence of technologies such as web services, workflow software and business performance monitoring along with business intelligence and customer focus drive all our services delivery offerings. Our emphasis is on developing flexible platforms that allow our clients to rapidly implement business processes with minimal capital outlays.
Why MphasiS- Why should i join MphasiS?:-
MphasiS focuses on both the personal and professional growth of the employee. A variety of roles and projects with different degrees of responsibility and authority foster the complete development of employees. Every employee has the freedom to define his or her career path in a work culture that supports initiative and drive. The environment is open, non-hierarchical and result-oriented. Responsibility levels straddle organizational boundaries and everyone has access to domain and technology experts around the globe.
Address of MphasiS:-
Bagmane Technology Park
Byrasandra, C.V. Raman Nagar
Bangalore 560 093, India
Tel: +91 80 4004 0404
Fax: +91 80 4004 9999
102, Campus 1C, RMZ Millenia Business Park
143, Dr. MGR Road, North Veeranam Salai
Chennai – 600096, India
Tel: +91 44 6612 0000
Fax: 91 44 6612 2390
Infinity IT Park
Unit No. 101 & 201
Building No. 4
239, General A. K. Vaidya Marg, Dindoshi
Mumbai 400 097, India
Tel:+91 22 6788 4000
Fax:+91 22 6788 4888
Marisoft, 15/1 - 15/6
Pune 411 014, India
Tel: +91 20 6609 5555
Fax: +91 20 6609 5556
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at firstname.lastname@example.org)