Here are the details of Mu Sigma Placement Paper - I job in Mu Sigma. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
Welcome to MU Sigma Placement Paper 2011. Here you will find MU Sigma Placement Paper Pattern and Download questions with Answers & Solutions.
MU Sigma Placement Paper 2011:-
1. What is the output of the following code?
2. There is a 200 miles long tunnel. one train enters the tunnel at a speed of 200mph while the other trains enter the tunnel in the opposite direction at a speed of 1000 mph. A bee travels at a speed of 1500 mph enters the tunnel goes to and back until it reaches the train. What is the distance covered by the bee when the two train collides (the bee survives)
3. List the two advantages of views.
4. Which layer is encryption and decryption done
5. What are the various modes used to send data over the network
6. Write a query to display the name of the students whose total marks is divisible by 25 (total marks may be 175, 200, 150...)
P-wait, V-signal, S1 and S2 are semaphores. Consider two threads running. Is there a deadlock .If yes in which situation does the deadlock occur.
8. How do you find the port number of the remote host?
9. (Date; who)>logfile
What is the difference between the two statements.
10. How do you find the machine MAC address
11. How many children did not try any of the rides. ?
A) 5 B) 10 C) 15 D) 20
12. kids * 3 rides = Rs. 60
(55-20=)35 kids * 2 rides = Rs. 70
60 + 70 = Rs. 130
So, Rs. (145 – 130 = ) 15 are left for the other (85 – 55 = ) 30 kids . so only 15 of them can take a ride and rest 15 will be left out.
145 rides were taken. 20 of them took all three, i.e. Rs. 60 were spent, so 145-60= Rs. 85 are left for the others. Total kids were 85, so rest were 65. out of these 65,
12. How many children took exactly one ride?
A) 5 B) 10 C) 15 D) 20
13. Four cities are connected by a road network as shown in the figure. In how many ways can you start from any city and come back to it without travelling on the same road more than once ?
Consider the top city, the following are the 3 routes possible, starting from the leftmost edge. Since there are 3 edges emanating from each city and the figure is perfectly symmetrical, these 3 routes are possible from each edge, hence for any given city, the total number of routes = 4 * 3 = 12.
14. Directions for question nos 14 to 15
A, B, and C are three numbers, Let
@(A, B)= Average of A and B
*(A, B)=Product of A and B
/(A, B)=A divided by B
15 If A=2 and B=4 the value of @( / (*(A,B),B),A) would be
16. Sum of A and B is given by
A) *(@(A, B), 2)
17. Let x<0, 0<y<1, Z>1 which of the following is false:
A) (x2-z2)has to be positive.
B) yz can be less than one.
C) xy can never be zero
D) (y2-z2) is always negative
18. If A's income is 25% less than B's ,by what % is B's income greater than that of A ?
D) None of these
Directions for Questions Nos: 19 to 20
Kya-Kya is an island in the south pacific .The inhabitants of Kya-Kya always Answer any question with two sentences, one of which is always true and other is always false.
19 You are walking on a road and come to a fork. You ask the inhabitants Ram, Laxman, Lila,”Which road will take me to the village?”
Ram says,”I never speak to strangers. I am new to this place”
Laxman says,”I am married to Lila. Take the left road”.
Lila says,”I am married to ram. He is not new to this place”
Which of the following is true?
A) Left road takes you to the village
B) Right road takes you to the village
C) Lila is married to laxman
D) None of above
Ram said he never talked to strangers, but he spoke to a stranger, this meAns that this statement is false, hence his other statement must be true, hence the second statement of Lila is false, hence her first statement is true that is she is married to ram, hence the first statement of Laxman is false, hence his second statement is true, that is take the left road.
20. You find that your boat is stolen.You question three inhabitants of the island and they reply as follows:
John says,”I didn't do it. Mathew didn't do it”
Matthew says,”I didn't do it. Krishna didn't do it.”
Krishna says,”I didn't do it .I don't know who did it.”
Who stole your boat?
D) None of them.
About Mu Sigma:-
Mu Sigma works with market-leading companies across multiple verticals, solving high impact business problems in the areas of Marketing, Supply Chain and Risk Analytics. With over 25 Fortune 500 clients and over 800 analytics professionals, Mu Sigma has disrupted the analytics industry by integrating the disciplines of business, math, and technology in a sustainable global delivery model. Further, analytical assets developed by Mu Sigma's innovation and development team ensure a competitive edge to clients. Mu Sigma is head-quartered in Chicago with its main delivery center in Bangalore, India and is arguably the world's largest pure-play decision sciences and analytics services company.
Why Mu Sigma- Why Shold i join Mu Sigma?
Mu Sigma, in a short time span has created various and diverse career paths for talented employees. With a wide array of resources, our employees can proactively manage their professional and personal growth. You will work with and learn from the best in the industry and be challenged every day.
Mu Sigma's highly talented professionals deploy advanced analytics tools and techniques coupled with deep domain expertise to solve complex business problems. Mu Sigma cater to some of the largest Fortune 500 companies across different industries such as Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare, Financial Services, Insurance, CPG and Retail.
Address of Mu Sigma:-
Mu Sigma Business Solutions Pvt Ltd
4th & 5th Floors
Survey Nos. 6 & 24
K.R Puram Hobli,
Tel +91 80 4054 9100
Fax +91 80 4113 3739
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at email@example.com)