NTPC Technical Interview Question 2011 - I, Delhi/NCR
- Sub CategoryPlacement Papers
- Posted date on our Website07 April 2011
Here are the details of NTPC Technical Interview Question 2011 - I job in NTPC. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
Welcome to NTPC Technical Interview Questions Section. Here you will find NTPC Technical Interview Question with Answers, Solutions.
NTPC Technical Interview Question 2011:-
1. Given four unit-circle plots identify the one corresponding to a bandpass filter.
2. A 4 kHz signal is sampled at thrice the Nyquist rate and sent through a channel with error ≤1%. Calc the bandwidth of the channel.
3. Given a two port network in the form of a T find o/p admittance in terms of y-parameters.
4. Connect two 1Ω resistors in series, then connect two 1H inductors across one of the resistors such that the ckt looks like a 1Ω resistor in series with a Π-section of a resistor and two inductors. With the series resistance on the i/p side, calc the transfer function of this ckt
5. Inverse laplace transform of 1/s2[d/ds(e-3s/s)]
6. Lower useful input limit of a transducer is determined by…
7. Air-cored inductors are used for low frequency/high frequency/equal frequency operations.
8. Given 4 pole-zero plots identify which one corresponds to the driving point impedance of a series resonant ckt.
9. Expression for δ(n): u(n)-u(n-1)/ u(n-1)-u(n+1)/ u(n)+u(n+1)/...
10. The sequence (2,3,4,3) is circularly even/circularly odd/circularly zero/both circularly even and odd.
11. Z-transform of 3n u(n).
12. Match the following with their characteristics: LED/LCD/nixie tube/optical fibre.
13. Numerical on a photodiode: to calculate the responsivity/sensitivity when a specified no of incident photons cause a specified no of electron generation.
14. Given an op-amp ckt obtain an expression for o/p voltage.
15. No. of encirclements made about the origin of the nyquist plot of the open loop TF:1/[(s-1)(s+2)(s+3)].
16. For a radioactive sample which decays to 12.5% of its initial value in x days, the half life is given by____
17. For a repeater in a PCM cable identify the correct sequence of actions amongst threshold/equalization/etc.
18. O/P of a delta modulator when a ramp input is fed to it.
19. Steady state error with ramp i/p for a type-0 system.
20. Creeping occurs in energy meters bcoz….
21. Ultrasonic method of flow measurement cannot be used in liquids with air bubbles/has less attenuation in air compared to liquid-identify the false statement (if any) among these.
22. Major cause of losses in a fibre optic cable: dispersion/total internal refraction/presence of core and cladding/…
23. Which layer in the OSI model is concerned with printer buffering,etc: network/session/transport/…
24. Given some function F(jω) calc its inverse CTFT.
25. Relation between laplace and z-transform: s=z/ s=ln z/ s=( ln z/T) /…
26. Maxm and minm probability error among ASK,PSK,FSK,DPSK etc
27. Which of the following is a non linear modulation scheme: PAM/QAM/PCM/…
28. Match the following functions: e-t , e-t + et, sin(πt) with causal and stable system, causal and unstable system, etc.
29. Given a ckt with a 50 Ω resistor in series between two voltage sources of 10 V and 5 V magnitude calc power delivered by 5 V source.
30. Laplace transform of e-3tu(t)+e2tu(-t).
31. Which photodetector has output affected by own intrinsic noise: PN/APD/PIN/all.
32. AC signal conditioning is used for inductive and capacitive/resistive/piezoelectric transducers/all of the above.
33. When I mode is added to proportional control system stability increases/ decreases/ steady state performance deteriorates/damping increases.
34. Reset control is another name for integral/derivative/proportional/…. Control.
35. Time response of system having transfer function 625/(s2+25) will be of the form…
36. Given some transfer function calc the peak response time.
37. The nyquist sampling rate of the function [sin(at)/t]2 will be…
38. The feedback topology that results in increased i/p and o/p impedance is current series/voltage series/current shunt voltage shunt.
39. Numerical on cardiac output calculation given heart rate and volume per beat.
40. In an ECG instrumentation amplifier the differential gain is provided by 1st stage/2nd stage/mismatched resistors/output stage.
41. Repeat ques 40 above for the classic 3-op amp instrum amplifier.
42. EMG signals are of the order of mV/V/μV/…
43. Computer assisted tomography is used for…
44. Numerical on electrostatic instrument, to calculate deflection given spring constant, torque etc.
45. To prevent loading of a ckt i/p impedance of a CRO should bee high/low/inductive/capacitive.
46. Addition of a zero to a 2nd order underdamped system results in increase/decrease of rise time and increase/decrease of peak overshoot.
47. For PI ctrl we obtain improved bandwidth/improved steady state performance/ worsened steady state performance/…
48. SNR of normal AM system is comparable/3 dB lower/3 dB higher/6 dB lower over DSB-SC and SSB system.
49. Which is an effective measure of the noise related performance of an amplifier: SNR/noise ratio/thermal noise/shot noise.
50. Given baseband signal freq and carrier freq calc which of the freq given will not be present for conventional AM.
51. Distinction between FM and PM at high frequencies.
52. Which of these has the least propagation delay RTL/ECL/I2L/CMOS.
53 Switching speed of CMOS is affected/unaffected by changes in supply voltage.
54. Which of these provides a measure of heart rate P/QRS complex/T/none of these.
55. Given a ckt of a logarithmic amplifier you had to identify what ckt was it.
56. JFET can operate in depletion/enhancement/both/none of the above modes.
57. When a BJT operates in saturation the junctions are fwd biased/reverse biased/…
58. BIBO stability criterion implies that poles are within/outside/on the unit circle.
59. For faithful amplification of low amplitude signals the cut-off/active/saturation regions of a transistor is used.
60. Lissajous pattern of a signal rotates 36 times per minute. if the oscillator frequency is 560 kHz then the unknown freq is…
NTPC, India's largest power company, was set up in 1975 to accelerate power development in India. It is emerging as an ‘Integrated Power Major’, with a significant presence in the entire value chain of power generation business.
NTPC ranked 317th in the ‘2009, Forbes Global 2000’ ranking of the World’s biggest companies. With a current generating capacity of 33,194 MW, NTPC has embarked on plans to become a 75,000 MW company by 2017.
Why NTPC - Why should i join NTPC:-
NTPC has well established talent management systems in place to ensure that the company delivers on its promise of providing exponential growth and challenge to all employees.
* Performance Management - NTPC has a standardised and formalised performance management system. A KPA based system is designed to assess functional, managerial and potential competence in an objective and transparent manner. The system is designed to accomplish the overall organisational vision and mission by linking individual performance to the company’s objectives and strike a balance between performance and competence to help individuals excel in their fields.
* Career Paths - A formal career path and development process exists in NTPC. All career paths have an underlying management structure. Promotions within each career path are aligned with the needs of the organisation. Succession criteria for leadership positions in each career path have been identified, which provide basis for job rotation. Anyone joining the organisation can choose to pursue a business, function or staff career path and will be put through specific training interventions and job rotation path towards becoming a business, function or staff head.
* Leadership Development - Potential employees are assessed for leadership competence and are groomed to occupy leadership positions in the company. We have a system that enables measurement of leadership effectiveness, gap identification against an identified set of leadership competence. Individual development plans are made based on the gaps identified to ensure that the process of development and growth is meaningful.
SCOPE Complex, Institutional Area, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi - 110003
EPABX BOARD NOS.: 91 11 24360100, 24387000, 24387001
FAX NO.: 91 11 24361018
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at firstname.lastname@example.org)