NTPC Technical Interview Question 2011 - II, Delhi/NCR
- Sub CategoryPlacement Papers
- Posted date on our Website07 April 2011
Here are the details of NTPC Technical Interview Question 2011 - II job in NTPC. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
Welcome to NTPC Technical Interview Questions Section. Here you will find NTPC Technical Interview Question with Answers, Solutions.
NTPC Technical Interview Question 2011:-
1. % resolution of a 10 bit ADC.
2. To obtain 10 mV resolution on 5 V range how many bit DAC is to be used..
3. Why is LCD preferred to LED.
4. How will 0.6973 be displayed on 10 V range of a 4 ½ digit multimeter.
5. Which of the following cannot be used for an automatic feedback temp ctrl system thermocouple/thermometer/thermistor/IC sensor.
6. Y(n)=X(-n+3) is an example of a linear/non linear and shift variant/invariant system.
7. The falling body method is used to determine viscosity/humidity/….
8. Which of these methods of viscosity measurement gives greatest accuracy falling body method/rotating cylinder method/both/…
9. Some question on gas chromatography
10. A device having a rotor with 3 Y-connected coils and a stator is likely to be a synchro/RVDT/control transformer/…
11. In a twisted ring counter the initial count is 1000. after the 4th clock pulse its state will be….
12. A 240 kHz signal is given into a 3 bit binary ripple counter. The lowest o/p freq obtainable is….
13. For parity bit checking which of the following gates can be used XOR/NAND/OR/XNOR.
14. Why is a BJT called so..
15. Identify the expression for gauge factor of a strain gauge among the given options.
16. In a semiconductor strain gauge as tensile strain is applied what changes take place in the n and p areas..
17. How does a radioactive level gauging system work…
18. A capacitive transducer measuring level works on the principle of change in distance between plates/change in dielectric strength/…
19. For maximum power transfer in an AC circuit the condition to be satisfied is ZL+ZS=0/XL+XS=0/none of these/….where l and s refers to load and source respectively.
20. Find the transfer function from a block diagram.
21. Synchronous ctrs are preferred to asynchronous ctrs bcoz they are faster/glitches at the output can be avoided/both/none of these.
22. The lissajous figure formed on an oscilloscope looks like the English figure of 8. if the vertical channel input is 1 kHz the horizontal input freq is….
23. IE=IC for a transistor in saturation/cutoff/active/both saturation and active regions.
24. Reproducibility of measurements is called accuracy/precision/linearity/none of these.
25. Which of these is not strictly a static characteristic accuracy/precision/tolerance/linearity.
26. The shunt coil in a Q meter has resistance of the order of mΩ/Ω/kΩ/..
27. For measuring inductance of high Q coils the bridge used is Maxwell-wien/Schering/…
28. Which of these measures inductance in terms of capacitance Maxwell and hay/Maxwell and Schering/hay and Schering/…
29. In a flip-flop with preset and clear inputs both are applied simultaneously/clear is cleared when preset is applied/preset is cleared when clear is applied/….
30. What happens when the RET instruction is encountered by 8085
31. A 1024*8 memory chip needs how many address lines…
32. What happens when the PUSH instruction is encountered by 8051.
33. In FM relation between no of sidebands w.r.t. modulating freq
34. Numerical on DPSK.
35. A multiplexer accepts input data and provides one output all the time/one output at a time/many outputs at a time/many outputs all the time.
36. Pulse modulation is essentially a process of multiplexing/….
37. Wave shape is altered by clipper/clamper/voltage doubler/amplifier.
38. 4 signals of frequencies 100,100,200 and 400 Hz are sampled at nyquist rate and sent through TDM on a channel.the bandwidth of the channel is…
39. Superposition can be applied to a ckt with initial conditions/non-linear ckt/…
40. Kelvin’s double bridge is used for the measurement of…
41. Which of these is not an active transducer thermocouple/solar cell/RTD/none of these.
42. Oscillator using positive feedback has gain of 0/∞/undefined value/…
43. Wien bridge oscillator should initially have closed loop gain >3/<3/=3/…
44. Some question on gain margin and phase shift of a system.
45. Fourier series expansion of even function has sine terms only/cosine terms only/no odd harmonics/…
46. Full wave rectifier gives clean dc o/p/dc o/p with small ripple/positive half and inverted negative half of i/p as o/p.
47. Which of these values of ζ gives damped oscillations: 0/1/1.6/0.6
48. For a transformer of ratio 1:a and excited by a source V with impedances Z1 and Z2 on the primary and secondary side value of a for maxm power transfer should be..
49. Fourier transform of cos(ω0t) is…
50. At t=0 the step response of a 1st order system is….
51. 555 can be used as a monostable/astable/freq dividing ckt/all of these.
52. In a PT when the secondary is open ckted with the primary excited what will happen.
53. If a system is marginally stable then the nature of oscillations will be…
54. Linear encoders mostly use straight binary/BCD/gray code.
55. For an accelerometer working in displacement mode the ratio of forcing freq to natural freq should be…..
NTPC, India's largest power company, was set up in 1975 to accelerate power development in India. It is emerging as an ‘Integrated Power Major’, with a significant presence in the entire value chain of power generation business.
NTPC ranked 317th in the ‘2009, Forbes Global 2000’ ranking of the World’s biggest companies. With a current generating capacity of 33,194 MW, NTPC has embarked on plans to become a 75,000 MW company by 2017.
Why NTPC - Why should i join NTPC:-
NTPC has well established talent management systems in place to ensure that the company delivers on its promise of providing exponential growth and challenge to all employees.
* Performance Management - NTPC has a standardised and formalised performance management system. A KPA based system is designed to assess functional, managerial and potential competence in an objective and transparent manner. The system is designed to accomplish the overall organisational vision and mission by linking individual performance to the company’s objectives and strike a balance between performance and competence to help individuals excel in their fields.
* Career Paths - A formal career path and development process exists in NTPC. All career paths have an underlying management structure. Promotions within each career path are aligned with the needs of the organisation. Succession criteria for leadership positions in each career path have been identified, which provide basis for job rotation. Anyone joining the organisation can choose to pursue a business, function or staff career path and will be put through specific training interventions and job rotation path towards becoming a business, function or staff head.
* Leadership Development - Potential employees are assessed for leadership competence and are groomed to occupy leadership positions in the company. We have a system that enables measurement of leadership effectiveness, gap identification against an identified set of leadership competence. Individual development plans are made based on the gaps identified to ensure that the process of development and growth is meaningful.
SCOPE Complex, Institutional Area, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi - 110003
EPABX BOARD NOS.: 91 11 24360100, 24387000, 24387001
FAX NO.: 91 11 24361018
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at firstname.lastname@example.org)