Here are the details of OPE Test Engineer job in Nokia India. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
Position Description:- A Senior SW Engineer, Testing who has a high degree of clinical and investigative mind. Position is for DCOM Ovi Purchase Experience QA team involved in working on cutting edge technologies. Candidate will be based in Bangalore. As a key member of our project team, candidate will use his expertise to plan and execute testing activities in coordination with geographically spread out stake holders
* Work in close cooperation with SW R&D developers, manager and SW Architects
* Confirm SW test requirements with SW R&D developers, manager, Architects and Requirements Manager
* Design and development of uses cases; functional test cases
* Execution of test cases (web UI XHTML, front end) on handsets (and on emulator)
* Assist/train team members
* Keep the testing schedule and quality
* Report test results to SW R&D developers and managers through tool updates
* Improves test methods (e.g. automatic testing)
* Identify and handle risks concerning SW testing for projects and communicate it to SW R&D Manager and Project Managers
Internet Consumer Services (DCOM)
* Technologies, testing methods and techniques in telecom handset industry
* Store/Services (online selling of digital contents : books, music, store : handsets, desktop)
* Solid understanding of mobile handsets
* Firsthand knowledge : interpretation of business requirements, UI specs
* In-depth understanding of devices (on various platforms S40, S60, Meego)
* Regression, sanity, release, smoke testing
* Flash and flex; understanding of software releases
* WLAN, Wifi : access point setup, device configuration
* Automation tools (should've automated test cases and deployed)
* Understanding of navigators (different browsers : FireFox, Opera)
* Usage of tools (defect management and test management : JIRA, Quality Centre)
* Analysis of issues; interaction with stake holders (including developers)
* Lead team at situations when manager is on leave/away
* Expected that the candidate is an inspirational team player, who understands the importance of time management and has the courage to make difficult decisions.
* Candidate must have a talent for multi-tasking skills and excellent communication
* BE or ME graduate/post graduate from accredited college or technical institute.
* Web testing experience is desirable
* Testing linux based handsets.
About Nokia India:-
Nokia has played a pioneering role in the growth of cellular technology in India, starting with the first-ever cellular call a decade ago, made on a Nokia mobile phone over a Nokia-deployed network.
Nokia started its India operations in 1995, and presently operates out of offices in New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata,Jaipur,Lucknow,Chennai, Bangalore, Pune and Ahmedabad. The Indian operations comprise of the handsets business; R&D facilities in Bangalore and Mumbai; a manufacturing plant in Chennai and a Design Studio in Bangalore.
Working at Nokia- Why Should i Join Nokia?
Nokia has three Research & Development centers in India, based in Bangalore and Mumbai. These R&D hubs are staffed by engineers who are working on next-generation packet-switched mobile technologies and communications solutions to enhance corporate productivity. Nokia has set up its mobile device manufacturing facility in Chennai, India to meet the burgeoning demand for mobile devices in the country. The manufacturing facility is operational with an investment of USD 210 million and currently employs 8000 people. Nokia has recently announced fresh investments to the tune of US $ 75 million towards its manufacturing plant in Sriperumbudur, Chennai for the year 2008.
2B, Mercury Block,
Prestige Tech Park, Sarjapur,
Marathalli Ring Road,
Tel: +91 80 4015 9000
Fax: +91 80 4015 9999
C/402 Business Square
Opposite Apple Heritage Chakala,
Tel:+91 22 6742 7760,67427762
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at firstname.lastname@example.org)