Here are the details of PGCIL Recruitment of Executive Trainee Computer Science/Information Technology and Civil discipline through GATE 2015 job in POWERGRID. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
Powergrid Corporation India Limited (PGCIL) has published an addendum to its notification for Recruitment of Executive Trainees-20th batch for Electrical Discipline.
The company has announced that it will be recruiting engineering graduates as Executive Trainees-20th batch in Computer Science and Engineering disciplines.
Engineering graduates with a valid GATE- 2015 registration are required to apply online on www.powergridindia.com. Online application for PGCIL Recruitment of Executive Trainee Computer Science/Information Technology and Civil discipline through GATE 2015 will be accepted from 15th January 2015 to 27th February 2015.
The other important details is as follows:-
Eligibility for PGCIL Recruitment of Executive Trainee Computer Science/Information Technology and Civil discipline through GATE 2015
Percentage of Marks
Full Time B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Sc
(Engg) from recognized
Computer Science/ Computer Engineering/
Information Technology/ Civil Engineering
Minimum 65 percent or equivalent CGPA
Computer Science / Civil Engg.
Minimum 65 percent with both sections A and B cleared by 31.03.2015
Age Limit:- 28 years as on 31-12-2014.
Final Year / Semester students of Sl. No. 1 above who expect their results by 14.08.2015 are also eligible, provided they have obtained minimum 65% marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate of all semesters/years up to pre-final examination.
Relaxation in Upper Age Limit:-
a) For OBC(NCL) candidates: 3 years
b) For SC/ST candidates: 5 years
c) For PwD candidates: 10 years
Interested and eligible candidates will have to appear for the Computer Science & Information Technology (CS) /Civil Engineering (CE) paper of GATE 2015.
The selection procedure will include normalized marks (out of 100) obtained by eligible candidates in CS/CE paper of GATE-2015 followed by Group Discussion and Personal interview of qualifying candidates short-listed for GD and Interview.
Job Description and Compensation:-
Indicative Job description of Engineer (Computer Science/ IT)
· Operate and Maintain Enterprise wide Information & Communication System to support various business functions for improved efficiency and productivity.
· Coordination and management of IT services
· Replacement/ upgradation of server/network infrastructure or end user computing facility as per advanced technologies.
· Use of proactive tools to identify and rectify problems and maintain servers and databases on regular basis.
· Installation, Commissioning, Operation & Maintenance of IT security systems. Implementation of
· IT Security Policy Guidelines for compliance of statutory directives and guidelines.
· Effective management of WAN, VC, VoIP etc.
· Development, Customization, Deployment and up gradation of various IT Systems, Services and
· Establishment of checks and feedback system, to ensure reliability, safety and security of Information & Communication System.
Indicative Job description of Engineer (Civil)
· Detail design and engineering of EHVAC/HVDC, S/S, TL associated subsystems, auxiliaries and civil aspects to ensure a reliable, safe and efficient transmission system.
· Liaisoning with Corporate Engg. and site / Providing analysis/solutions for design and engineering , information exchange, drawings, schemes, schedules etc. Close coordination with other groups in engineering department, other departments and sites.
· Providing necessary inputs in FR/DPR/Cost estimating and other related activities. Also involvement in updation and adoption of technologies.
· Preparation of revised cost estimates, maintenance of cost data base and other related activities.
· Close contact and Liaisoning with vendors, suppliers and contractors to ensure compliance and problem solving. Pre-award engineering like preparation of technical specifications, finalization of BOQ, specification, evaluation etc.
How to Apply for PGCIL Recruitment of Executive Trainee Computer Science/Information Technology and Civil discipline through GATE 2015
Applying for GATE 2015:-
Apply online on website:- http://gate.iitk.ac.in/GATE2015 from 1st September 2014 to 1st October 2014
Applying for PGCIL:-
Apply online on website:- http://www.powergridindia.com from 15th January 2015 to 27th February 2015.
For more details about above notification Click Here
POWERGRID, the Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of the country, is engaged in power transmission business with the mandate for planning, co-ordination, supervision and control over complete inter-State transmission system. POWERGRID, as on July 2009, owns and operates about 71,600 ckt kms of transmission lines at 800/765 kV, 400 kV, 220 kV & 132 kV EHVAC & +500 kV HVDC levels and 122 sub-stations with transformation capacity of about 81,200 MVA. This gigantic transmission network, spread over length and breadth of the country, is consistently maintained at an availability of over 99% through deployment of state-of-the-art Operation & Maintenance techniques which are at par with global standards. About 45% of total power generated in the country is wheeled through this transmission network
Recognizing the role of POWERGRID in the overall development of transmission and power sector, Govt. of India has conferred Navratna upon status to POWERGRID in May` 08, the highest honour for a Public Sector Enterprise. For overall co-ordination at national level, POWERGRID has implemented National Load Despatch Centre (NLDC) at Delhi with back up at Kolkata, which has been commissioned in February, 2009. NLDC shall be the apex body to ensure integrated operation of the national power system.
POWERGRIDs achievements have been continuously been praised in terms of awards from GoI and various other agencies. The Company recently received Three National Awards for meritorious performance in the field of Transmission sector for system availability and early completion of project for the year 2007-08, All India Organization of Employers Industrial Relations award 2007-08, and IEEMA Power Awards 2009 for “Excellence in Power Transmission”. Further, POWERGRID has been conferred the “The First DSIJ PSU Awards 2009” by Dalal Street Group of Publications for being “one of the largest transmission utilities in the world”.
Address of POWERGRID:-
B-9, Qutab Institutional Area, Katwaria Sarai, New Delhi-110016
EPABX : 011-26560112, 26560115, 26560193, 26564892
Corporate Office Postal address
Saudamini, Plot No.2, Sector 29, Near IFFCO Chowk,
Gurgaon (Haryana) - 122001, INDIA
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at email@example.com)