Here are the details of Patni Placement Paper - II job in Patni. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
Welcome to Patni Placement Paper August 2011. Here you will find Patni Placement Paper Pattern and Download questions of Patni Placement Papers with Answers & Solutions.
Patni Placement Papers 2011:-
1.An aircraft is flying at a height of 3000m from the ground at an average speed of 400 km/hr while descending. It has to travel 5 kms before it can touch down the runway and start operating its break system. It will take less than 10 seconds to reach the touch down point. How far it is from the touch down point if it had been on they ground.
a)5 kms b)4 kms c)3 kms d)none of these
2. water is continuously poured from a reservoir to a locality at the steady rate of 10,000 liters per hour. When delivery exceeds demand the excess water is stored in a tank. If the demand for 8 consecutive three-hour periods is 10000,10000,45000,25000,40000,15000,60000 and 35000 liters respectively, what will be the minimum capacity required of the water tank (in 1000 litres) to meet the demand?
a)10 b)30 c)40 d)50
3. Jhaveri invested in Upendra&Upendra,Celco and Winger shares at Rs. 300,Rs.200 and Rs.5 per share respectively. He bought 100 shares for Rs.1000.The number of Upendra&Upendra and Celco shares he bought are respectively
a)23.17 b)17,23 c)17,60 d)15,25
4. a certain organization has three committees. only two persons are members of all committees, but every pair of committees have three members in common. what is the least possible no of member of members on any one committee?
a)4 b)5 c)6 d) none of these.
5. one bottle is half-full of oil and another bottle with twice the capacity is one quarter full of oil. if water is added so that both the bottles are full and the contents of both are then poured into a third bottle that is empty and large enough to hold the contents of both, what fractions of the contents in the third bottle is oil?
a)1/4 b)1/3 c)3/8 d)2/3
6. don and his wife each receive an 8 percent annual raise. if don receives a raise rs.800 and his wife receives a raise of rs. 840, what is the difference between their annual income after their raises?
a)40 b)460 c)500 d)540
7. if x+y+z=9 and both y and z are positive integers greater than zero, then the maximum value x can take is?
a.7 b.3 c.8 d. data insufficient
8. if 5 tomatoes are worth 8 oranges,5 oranges are worth 4 apples, 7 apples are worth 3 pineapples and 7 pineapples cost rs.203,then he approx price of each tomato is
a.16 b.5 c.19 d. none of theses
9. in the relation x>y+z,x+y>p and z necessarily true?
a. y>p b .x+y>z c. y+p>x d .insufficient data
10. if x,y,z are three +ve integers such that x is greater than y and y is greater than z then which of the following is definitely true?
a. x% of y is greater than y% of z
b. y% of x is greater than z% of y
c. z% of x is greater than y% of z
d. all of these(ans)
11. amar,akbar, antony eat lunch at the same restaurant everyday.if amar orders a dosa,then akbar also orders adosa.either akbar or antony always orders a dosa,but never at the same lunch.either amar or antony or both order a dosa.if antony ordes a dosa ,then amar also orders a dosa.youy can conclude that:
a. amar, akbar, antony always order adosa.
b. amar and antony sometimes order a dosa,akbar never does.
c. amar and akbar always order a dosa, antony never does.(ANS)
d. amar and antony always order adosa,akbar never does.
12.ramesh,ram,kareem and Mohan collected coins of different countries. they collected 100 together. none collected less than 10.each collected an even number. each collected a different number. based on these, we can say that the number of coins collected by the boy who collected the most could not have exceeded
a.54 b.64(ans) c.58 d.60
13. let p,q,r and s be four statements such that:
if p is true, then q is true;
if q is true,then r is true and
if s is true,then at least one of q and r is false.
then it follows that:
a. if p is true then s is false.(ans)
b. if s is falsae both q and r are true.
c. if at least one of q and r is false then s is false.
d. if q is true then s is true.
14.players a to z play a league match in which every player plays a match against every other player. a win earns 2 points, a draw 1 point and loss 0 points. there were no draws, and no two players had the same total points. the rank list of the players happens to be the alphabetical list itself. which of the following statement is
a. n wins over m
b . m wins over n(ans)
c. m did not play against n
15.an article costing rs.160 is sold at 15% discount on a mark-up price.what is the selling price after discount?
a.170(ans) b.200 c.150 d.220
16. Six years ago I was three times as old as my brother, and now I am twice as old my brother. Find my brother’s age.
a) 8 years b) 24 years c) 12 years d) 16 years
17. A boy standing idle sounds a whistle to his friend at a distance of 1200 m moving away from him in a speeding car at 108 kms /hr. Find the duration after which his friend is going to hear him. (Speed of sound = 330m/sec).
a) 3.6 secs b) 4.00 secs c) 40 secs d) None of these
18. Sneh’s age is 1/6th of her father’s age. Sneh’s father’s age will be twice of Vimal’s age after 10 years. If Vimal’s eighth birthday was celebrated two years before, what is Sneh’s present age?
a) 24 years b) 30 years c) 6 2/3 years d) None of these
19. Three years ago the average of A and B was 18 Years. With C joining them now, the average becomes 22 years. How old is C now?
a) 24 years b) 27 years c) 28 years d) 30 years
20. A train traveling at 42 kms/ hr passes a cyclist going in the same direction in 9 secs. If the cyclist had been going in the opposite direction, the train would have passed him in 5 secs. Find the length of the train.
a) 75 meters b) 60 meters c) 90 meters d) 80 meters
Patni Computer Systems Ltd. (Patni) (BSE: 532517, NSE: PATNI, NYSE: PTI) is one of the leading global providers of Information Technology services and business solutions. Over 16,000 professionals service clients across diverse industries, from 30 international offices across the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific, and 22 Global Delivery Centers in strategic locations across the world. We have serviced more than 400 FORTUNE 1000 companies, for over two decades.
Why Patni - Why Should i join Patni?:-
Patni's sustained relationships with major Fortune 500 corporations and engaging partnerships with leading application vendors have helped us build capabilities and specialized expertise in different domains across a huge range of geographies across the world. Patni's employees are exposed to a huge range of globally challenging projects across diverse business and technology practices. Each project engagement offers unique opportunities to improve business processes with the help of technology.
Patni's ‘Innovation and Research Labs’ focuses on creating significant business impact for Patni through Innovation, Technology Research, IP Creation and development of Assets & Solutions that bridge key market gaps and help differentiate Patni. Innovative ideas coming from employees are managed through a centralized Innovation Portal called ‘iDeas’. This facilitates organization-wide idea generation, evaluation and incubation. Further, there is a ‘Patni Innovate’ program that is open to employees, whereby idea originators will be freed up of their day-to-day responsibilities and will be given the time and resources to develop their idea into a viable business stream.
Address of Patni:-
Corporate & Regional Headquarters
Patni Computer Systems Ltd.
Ackruti, MIDC Cross Road No 21
Andheri (E), Mumbai 400 093
Tel: +91 22 6693 0500
Fax: +91 22 6693 0211
Patni Computer Systems Ltd.
43, Electronics City Phase 1
Bengaluru 560 100
Tel: +91 80 4190 2100
+91 80 3910 2100
Fax: +91 80 2852 7150
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at email@example.com)