Performance Excellence - Assistant Manager, Trivandrum
This Job has Expired! Click Here to View Other
Here are the details of Performance Excellence - Assistant Manager job in Ernst & Young - E & Y. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
Posting date : 15/Apr/11
This job involves operational support of the global Iron Mountain / Connected backup environments. The primary objective of this position is to ensure that the systems function fully and effectively, enabling data to be backed up and retrieved, while ensuring a positive customer experience and without negatively impacting the network. This position also is responsible for the day to day administrative tasks required to maintain the backup systems.
- Responsible for support of the Iron Mountain / Connected environments in the scope defined by his/her manager.
- Monitors the environments and takes corrective action when issues are found.
- Acts as third tier escalation point on client issues, and performs research to resolve them.
- Monitors customer compliance to ensure that the product is fully deployed and functioning.
- Performs system administration, including account maintenance, maintenance scripts and basic reporting.
- Gathers system / client metrics for analysis.
- Works at the direction of the team or project leader to deliver updates and enhancements to the backend and the client.
- Participates in and sometimes helps lead projects.
- Assists team leaders in enforcing strategic product direction.
- Provides technical guidance to local subject matter teams.
- Develops and documents (i.e., technical specs, user documentation, flow diagrams, logic diagrams, etc) basic processes and procedures for support of the product.
- Performs or assists in testing of product updates prior to deployment into production.
- Provide content input to update end user documentation and training materials.
- Should have good people management skills with ability to lead and motivate the team
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for all levels of staff
- Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
- Performs analysis of the environment at the direction of the team lead. This includes the ability to identify potential points of failure, areas for improving administration, and identifying pain points and bottlenecks.
- Provides input to the team lead in regards to system changes, based on the needs of the business and product direction.
- Works with the team to classify and prioritize defects related to the product.
- Provides guidance and analytical expertise on enhancement requests raised by Solutions and the customers.
- 4-6 years or experience in a medium or large professional firm, performing responsibilities similar to those outlined above.
- Windows 2003 Server (Setup, Configuration, Troubleshooting)
- Networking - TCP/IP (Configuration of Client, Client Troubleshooting)
- Microsoft Office - Word/Excel/Access/Powerpoint
- Strong English speaking and writing skills
- Documentation skills
- Presentation skills
- Experience with Iron Mountain / Connected Backup administration.
- SQL Server Administration
- Internet Information Server Administration
- Data storage solutions - NAS/SAN
- Basic programming/scripting skills
- Project Management Skills
- Strong interpersonal, client service, communication, and organizations skills.
- Ability to work and team effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure and react appropriately in a crisis situation.
- Solid research and analytical skills.
- Ability to construct professional quality documentation.
Technical certifications are not required but will be considered a plus, especially if it's closely related to the technologies referred to above.
About Ernst & Young - E & Y
Ernst & Young is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, E & Y's 141,000 people are united by its shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. Ernst & Young make a difference by helping the people and clients and its wider communities achieve their potential.
Ernst & Young operates from 8 cities* in India with a work force of over 7500 people, who work towards the firm’s vision of being the trusted business advisor that contributes most to the success of people and clients by creating value and confidence. Global Tax Advisory Services, Risk Advisory Services, Transaction Advisory Services and Business Advisory Services are the core services offered by the firm in India.
Why Ernst & Young - Why should i join E & Y
Ernst & Young is making bold moves that will reshape its industry. E & Y commitment to achieving market leadership and creating a borderless business means that Ernst & Young is better equipped to serve the needs of its clients and people.
If you have the ability to lead and inspire people, contribute to the success of leading businesses and understand the complexities of working effectively across borders, now is the time to join Ernst & Young.
Address of Ernst & Young:-
UB City, Canberra Block
12th & 13th Floor
No. 24, Vittal Mallya Road
Phone: +91 80 4027 5000
Fax: +91 80 2210 6000
TPL House, 2nd Floor
3, Cenotaph Road
Phone: +91 44 4219 4400
Fax: +91 44 2431 1450
1st Floor, Tower A, Building no 8
DLF Cybercity Phase 2
Sector - 25
Phone: +91 124 457 5000
Fax: +91 124 457 5200
Hyderabad (iLabs Dome)
Ground Floor & 1st Floor, Plot No. 18,
Software Units Lay-out, Survey No. 64
18th Floor, Express Towers
Phone: +91 22 2282 5000
Fax: +91 22 2282 6000
6th Floor, HT House
18-20 Kasturba Gandhi Marg
Phone: +91 11 4363 3000
Fax: +91 11 4363 3200
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at email@example.com)