Here are the details of Platform Software Engineer I job in Dell. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
This position will be responsible for driving development of Platform Software and firmware used in the Dell Remote Management products. Duties include managing all activities necessary to take a product from concept to production including system architecture definition, PoC, Contribution to behavioral specification, defining engineering functional plan, design, engineering interlocks with vendor/ODMs/partners, prototyping, debug validation, interactions with cross functional teams, factory and customer support. Developing technical specifications, Proof Of Concepts, evaluating prototypes and making recommendations, defining program scope, driving design / engineering reviews are part of the job responsibility. Experience in System/ Platform Management firmware and embedded applications is needed. Person should have excellent understanding of platform Hardware interfaces, platform enablement, board bring up, boot loaders, device drivers, board support packages, Linux OS internals and networking.
Experience in dealing with IPMI/ BMC Firmware, system / element management applications, fault tolerant systems and high availability is a plus. Person should have strong leadership skills with focus on drive for results. It is an IC role with more focus on technical content.
* A BE/ME degree in ECE, CE, CS with 8+ years of industry experience in embedded software development
* Strong firmware development background with strong C/C++ development/debug skills
* Strong in Linux kernel, OS Internals, Device Drivers, File Systems and boot loaders
* Proficient in software development tools such as IDEs, compilers, debuggers, emulators, source control system and defect/ bug tracking systems.
* Strong in vendor or partner management in overall program execution and delivery
* Prior work experience as a technical lead dealing with cross functional teams, partners / vendors, open sources and standards
* Strong communication skills both verbal and written
* Solid understanding of one or more of the following management protocols: I2C, IPMI, BMC, SM BUS, PCI, USB, SNMP, WSMAN and SMASH
* Experience with out of band server management technologies such as virtual KVM and virtual Media is a plus
* Experience with System / Element / Node Management applications and protocols; and exposure to High Availability software development is a plus
For more than 26 years, Dell has empowered countries, communities, customers and people everywhere to use technology to realize their dreams. Customers trust us to deliver technology solutions that help them do and achieve more, whether they’re at home, work, school or anywhere in their world. Learn more about our story, purpose and people behind our customer-centric approach.
Dell is uniquely positioned to impact industry trends. It maintain strong internal development capabilities. Dell partner, rather than compete, with top industry technology suppliers and original development manufacturers. It steer enabling industry standards and technologies through industry groups and strategic partners. In this way, Dell spurs innovation and delivers value to customers.
Working at Dell - Why should i Join Dell?:-
Join Dell,and you’ll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. And you’ll get all the resources you need to realize your loftiest career goals. So take a look around to learn more about our career opportunities, and discover just how bright your future can be.
Address of Dell:-
12/1, 12/2A, 13/1A, Divya Shree Greens
Koramangala Ring Road, Challaghatta, Varthur Hobli
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at firstname.lastname@example.org)