Here are the details of Sales Manager job in Taj Hotels. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
Work Location:- Across India
Date Posted:- Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Last Date of Application:- Friday, December 31, 2010
Job Purpose :-
To maximize revenues of the hotel by driving maximum contribution from all producing segments through the various sources. To develop and co-ordinate various programs and policies relating to all marketing and promotional activities of the hotel.
Job Description :-
- Plan and Forecast hotel revenue for rooms, F&B outlets and from various segments.
- Assist in strategy formulation for the unit, in order to achieve a greater market share.
- Create a work environment that is high in employee morale and provides constant learning & development and use the feedback from ESS to draw an action plan.
- Develop systems and procedures that achieve higher cost efficiency and guest satisfaction.
- Recruitment and Performance Appraisal/ Management of the staff in the department.
- Develop & Implement the annual plan using the TBEM framework, linking the department's objectives to the unit's overall strategy.
- Prepare appropriate forecasting tools and strategies to visualize market scenario and develop long range plans.
- Design and develop sales & marketing plans/programs for the unit to ensure customer loyalty and maximum revenue.
- Develop a means by which to continuously measure the program effectiveness as well as to track the trends in local marketplace and beyond, which would impact demand for the hotel.
- Build an accurate and effective database of current and potential guests/accounts
- Maintain accurate and up to date information on competition's performance, sales & marketing strategy etc.
- Propose room/F&B pricing strategy in consideration with hotel's market positioning, target customer and desired mix.
- Develop a comprehensive market mix guideline and ensure sales as per those targets.
- Identify key customer needs through formal research, survey, sales calls & meetings.
- Implement revenue management techniques and ensure improved RevPAR
- Co-ordinate with the Front Office & F & B Manager regarding daily sales, VIPs, regulars and other guest requirements.
- Co-ordinate with the Credits Manager on credit limits and outstanding from various guests/corporate.
- Build relationships, network & maintain regular contacts with corporate and individual customers, bookers, media, hoteliers and socialites.
- Be informed about the trends in hospitality, changing customer needs and behaviour, and developments in other industries.
- Identify key communities, plan various initiatives and co-ordinate the support activities.
- Degree /Diploma in Sales Management (Management degree in Sales & Marketing preferred)
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years as a part of the sales team of a hotel
- Thorough knowledge of modern Sales & Marketing tools and techniques
- Working knowledge of hotel operations Front office, Housekeeping and F & B service
- Revenue / Yield management techniques
- Basics of Accounting and Financial Management
- Working knowledge of MS Office
About Taj Hotels:-
The Taj is a brand that combines a rich legacy of carefully nurtured values steeped in a culture of excellence with opportunities for participating in new vistas of the Company growth. The main success factor for the Company’s growth, are the Taj employees and talent selected for this exciting journey. The Taj considers its employees among its most important stakeholders in taking it to new pinnacles of service standards and guest delight.
Working at Taj Hotels- Why Should i Join Taj Hotels?
A career in the hospitality industry offers an opportunity to sharpen the saw of one’s own emotional quotient. The Taj compounds this advantage because of the diversity of its products, properties and people. The Taj nurtures a service mentality that demands an attitude of being quick and agile in terms of response time, attention to detail, operational excellence, postponing gratification to ensure that the guest is delighted at all times and developing one’s social radar through networking skills. The Taj provides its employees space and elbow room for exploring opportunities to emerge as career leaders in a supportive environment through a high potential program in which every executive has a chance to participate. The safe environment of the Taj encourages its employees to be outspoken, to grow in self-confidence and this self-development journey which accompanies a career in the Taj become a self fulfilling prophecy for success and excellence.
At the Taj, every employee is an ambassador of the culture and spirit of the Taj. The Taj ‘magic’ is all about passion in what one is doing, the pursuit of excellence, feeling included, warmth and the highest levels of service standards with a relentless and untiring obsession about delighting the guest. This spirit that rings through the heart of every Taj employee makes the difference between a job in any hospitality company and career with the Taj.
Address of Taj Hotels:-
Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces
15/17 N.F. Road
Mumbai 400 001
Tel: (91-22) 6665 1000
Fax: (91-22) 2284 6680 / 83
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at firstname.lastname@example.org)