Here are the details of Senior Developer Java Platform job in Sapient. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
Summarises the reason why the job exists; and how it contributes to the overall goals of the organisation.
A Senior Associate Platform L1 contributes towards a particular module of work by bringing deep core technology expertise and relevant business subject matter expertise to the table
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:-
Architecture & Design:-
• Prepares the technical design of the technology components within the module (one or more of client/web presentation tier, server tier, data access and data model, integration component, package function customization)
• Participates in design reviews of other modules and provide insightful comments to improve the design quality and design conformance to standards
• Implements slice of application (EAR) and proofs of concept (spike solution) to prove any new technologies or integration scenarios in the module
• For package implementations, aids the Architect of the project to perform the gap analysis between business requirements and the package features and designs the configuration, customizations, extensions, interfaces required to meet the requirements
• Provides innovative solutions to technical issues during the project that could impact one or more modules of the project
• Implements (hands-on) the module components based on Sapient and industry best practices. These components could be custom built, or built using a third party tool and also could involve extending an industry package
• Supports the module in production, resolves hot issues and implements and deploys enhancements to the application/package
• Works with/helps other team members to resolve technical issues that require deep technical expertise in core technology platforms or packages.
• Interacts with a client (client senior developers and architects) to create technology specifications from business requirements for one or more modules within the project
• In some scenarios, collaborates with client developers to design, build, test
and deploy the module components and integrate with the rest of the modules
• Raises and drives to closure with the client any technical design and implementation issues in the module and also in the interfaces and interactions with other modules
Planning Tracking & Estimation:-
• Estimates the implementation and deployment of the module based on design architecture, testing strategy and overall project plan
• Reports progress and issues to the Manager in a timely manner. In particular, to relay issues that might impact on quality or the ability to deliver to timescales or estimates
• Documents the technical design using UML, suitable design patterns in the form of technical design narrative, object models, sequence diagrams, collaboration diagrams
J2EE - Application Servers, Java – ORM, Java - Spring Framework, Core Java, SQL Development Languages, Java - Swing Applet, Java - Web Presentation Frameworks, Java - Messaging Implementation, Java Web Services, Scoping and Estimating, Data Modeling, High Availability and Failover Applications, High Throughput / Transaction Application, OOAD and UML, Package / Vendor Selection, Performance / Capacity Planning
* proficiency in one of the J2EE - Application Servers listed: BEA WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, JBoss / Tomcat, Oracle Application Server, Sun Application Server, ATG Application Server
* Articulates basic tenets of ORM. Articulates use of ORM packages/tools.
* Can create entities and relationship between them
* Can use CRUD operations on entities
* Is able to setup data sources and use Sessions successfully
*Articulates use of Spring FW underpinnings - which include AOP (Aspect Oriented Programming), DI(Dependency Injection)/IOC(Inversion of Control) and various modules offered by Spring - *Spring RMI, Scheduler through Quartz, Email module etc.
* Articulates what are BeanFactory, XmlBeanFactory, DefaultListableBeanFactory.
* Arciulates what are setter injections and constructor injections.
* Writes code using JDK 1.3 or above.
* Adheres to Java coding standards as defined for the project.
* Is able to develop and debug a Java program using an IDE.
* Demonstrates ability to write code using java.lang, java.sql, and java.util packages.
* Demonstrates ability to incorporate exception handling and logging when writing Java code.
* proficiency in one of the SQL Development Languages listed: Oracle - Development (PL/SQL), SQL Server Development - T-SQL
* Has completed formal training in the last one year or participates in Swing Applet training programs like SapeTel. Also, has at least 3 months of project experience using Swing Applet or other Java programs.
* Should have Intermediate level skills in Java - JSP too
* Tibco, Vitria, webMethods, JMS
- Demonstrates ability to implement new web service clients (bottom-up and top-down approaches) and compose/use other web services.
- Uses best practices during web services implementations and works with the following standards: WS-I standards (interoperability), Java API for XML-based RPC (JAX-RPC), SOAP, WSDL, and UDDI.
- Participates in developing, deploying and running Java based web services.
- Successfully installs the web services infrastructure.
* Accurately estimates effort against defined stories using ABP/HP or any other chosen estimation method
* Uses the Sapient estimation tool to develop the estimate
* Demonstrates a good understanding of data modeling. Able to create a portion of the Logical Data Model (LDM) and/or Physical Data Model (PDM).
* Able to apply data modeling notations like Information Engineering (IE), Barker or UML.
* Able to apply data normalization techniques. Understands data modeling patterns.
* Participates in design for at least one medium sized project (six months+) or multiple small projects.
* Able to independently perform data modeling tasks with little oversight.
* Demonstrates good understanding of high availability and failover applications and participates in at least one end-to-end design and implementation project that covers the relevant topics. * Has hands-on implementation experience designing for redundancy to avoid single point of failure in solutions on at least one technology stack.
* Effectively compares alternatives in a given situation and proposes the best solution for the need at hand within the technology stack options.
* Accurately conductions solutioning at each level of the application tier which would include, but not be limited to client standard operating environment definition, network, perimeter, security, and data redundancy.
* Defines operational processes for maintaining backups, disaster recovery and business continuity, webservers, application servers, database servers, SAN and redundancy sites for operations to ensure availability and failover.
* Demonstrates good understanding of designing high throughput transactional applications with hands-on experience on at least two end-to-end projects on technology stacks.
* Is able to do domain modeling based on requirements defined in use cases.
* Is able to identify classes and assign responsibilities to them.
* Understands and applies GoF, GRASP and other design patterns.
* Participates in activities using UML notations pertaining to use cases, class diagrams, collaboration diagrams, activity diagrams and sequence diagrams. Additionally, proactively creates deployment diagrams, composite diagrams (packaging diagrams), object diagrams, timing diagrams and state diagrams using UML notation.
* Contributes and participates in the evaluation of software/hardware vendors across multiple projects, technologies and systems.
* Independently evaluates the pros and cons of the vendor-proposed solutions and understands its impact on the operational and running costs for the client while recommending the best option for the client.
* Proposes a build versus buy decision for a project based on the analysis of pros and cons of the package vendors.
* Can explain performance and capacity planning concepts and processes. Can performance tune applications usings various runtime tools provided for at least one technology stack. Can participate in profiling an application for thread management, resource locking, memory and cpu profiling, I/O profiling, race condition management, TPM-C measurement. Can evaluate performance monitoring tools based on open source or commercial products and recommend tools that are optimal for project requirements. Can carve out critical transactions of the system and map them to user and volume load. Can map out various performance criteria for critical transactions and generate inputs for generating the TPM-C statistics.
a. Strong and innovative approach to problem solving and finding solutions
b. Excellent communicator (written and verbal, formal and informal)
c. Flexible and proactive/self-motivated working style with strong personal ownership of problem resolution
d. Ability to multi-task under pressure and work independently with minimal supervision.
e. Ability to prioritize when under pressure.
Full Time Bachelor’s / Master’s degree (Science or Engineering preferred)
EXPERIENCE:- 4-8 yrs
Sapient is comprised of three business groups each as unique as the industries and audiences they serve. And yet, what unifies us, what makes us greater than the sum of our parts is our global signature. A signature in the form of a simply stated, yet profound point of fact: we make businesses more efficient, profitable, and prepared to succeed in today’s ever evolving, always challenging, technology fueled business world.
Working at Sapient - Why should i join Sapient?:-
Management:- Here is just a sample of the kinds of courses available to our people.
Technology:- Here is just a sample of the kinds of courses available to our people.
Interactive:- Here is just a sample of the kinds of courses available to our people.
Sapient Star:-An introduction to the fundamental principles of Sapient as a company: our purpose, vision, core values and basics for finding what you need.
Flex:-Training to help understand the features of Flex and to use it to build Rich Internet Applications.
Address of Sapient
Salarpuria GR Tech Park
6th Floor, "VAYU" Block
#137, Bengaluru 560066
Tel: +91 (080) 410 47 000
Fax: +91 (080) 410 47 001
Gurgaon - CG
(NCR of Delhi)
Towers D & E,
DLF Cyber Greens
DLF Phase III, Sector 25-A
Tel: +91 (124) 416 7000
Fax: +91 (124) 416 7001
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at firstname.lastname@example.org)