Here are the details of Senior Manager, Research Engineering job in Yahoo India. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
Sr. Manager, Research Engineering, Bangalore
The goal of Yahoo! Research is to be a world-class research organization whose mission is to develop the new sciences of the Internet on which the next generation of Yahoo! products and services will be based. To support our cutting-edge research agenda, we are growing a corps of Research Engineers, who will work together with our Research Scientists to develop novel software solutions for problems in search and information retrieval, machine learning, computational linguistics, matrix and graph algorithms, unsupervised clustering, data mining, human-computer interaction/user experience, social media, and microeconomics - all at huge scale. We seek a dynamic leader to help manage the growth and development of these engineers.
Research Engineers participate as key contributors on several types of projects, including creation of large-scale research prototypes; rapidly evolving research experiments leading to novel insights and research publications; and development and maintenance of leading-edge research platforms to be used in multiple projects. The Research Engineering Sr. Manager should be familiar with and have had experience with each of these kinds of projects.
The Research Engineering Sr. Manager will manage our growing group of Research Engineers in Bangalore. Research Engineers typically work with research teams in different locations and time zones around the world; as a result, the Sr. Manager should have prior experience in interfacing with global teams and executing projects end-to-end in close collaboration with multiple locations. In addition, the Sr. Manager needs to be familiar with and comfortable in a research environment where system requirements are informal and evolve rapidly.
Significant personal software engineering/development experience is a necessity, as is the proven ability to manage engineering talent in a complex, fast-moving research environment. The Research Engineering Sr. Manager must have intimate knowledge of modern programming languages and environments.
Strong people management skills are a must, as are the usual planning and budgeting skills required for a Sr. Manager role. Significantly, the Sr. Manager must have experience indicative of the ability to manage a rich portfolio of projects and resource assignments, varying in scope, size, and duration.
- Manage a portfolio of engineering projects within Yahoo! Research, making priority calls, assigning engineers to projects, and planning ahead to satisfy an ever-changing set of project implementation demands.
- Manage growth and reduction of engineering resources applied to projects, including, where necessary, cessation of engineering support for a project.
- Interface regularly with internal Research customers (e.g., technical leads) around the world to assure that projects are being executed well and that future needs are anticipated.
- Coordinate closely with the Research Engineering team in the US to support Yahoo! Research.
- Provide career management guidance to Yahoo! Research Engineers and conduct performance appraisals.
- Manage rapid prototyping and end-to-end execution of external-facing Research software applications and demos, while ensuring adequate performance and security.
- Manage the budgeting, planning and tracking of capital equipment for Yahoo! Research.
- Manage the complex computing infrastructure supporting Yahoo! Research.
- MSCS with 8+ years or BSCS with 10+ years experience designing and developing modern, object-oriented, web-based software systems. PhD in Computer Science a plus.
- General proficiency in languages like Java, C++, C#, C, Perl, PHP, Python.
- Thorough understanding and practice in the use of object-oriented design patterns and data management systems, relation or object-oriented is desirable, as well as experience in system architecture design and review.
- Excellent communication and influencing abilities with global teams.
- Significant experience managing teams of engineers on multiple simultaneous development projects spanning multiple locations.
- Proven recruiting and retention track record for both junior and senior engineering talent.
About Yahoo India
Yahoo was founded in 1994 by Stanford Ph.D. students David Filo and Jerry Yang. Today, Yahoo! Inc. attracts hundreds of millions of users every month through its innovative technology and engaging content and services, making it one of the most trafficked Internet destinations and a world class online media company.
Yahoo! is also committed to empowering its users and employees through programs, products, and services that inspire people to make a positive impact on their communities. Yahoo! for Good connects people with causes through our products and services, as well as through partnerships with nonprofits such as Global Green, Network for Good, and DonorsChoose.
Working at Yahoo India - Why should i Join Yahoo India?:-
Yahoo India Bring your ideas, your passion and your creativity to life — and have fun doing it. At Yahoo!, your work will reach over half a billion people around the world. There’s no small task and no small opportunity. Yahoo India looking for big thinkers who embody the innovative, collaborative, fun spirit that’s uniquely Yahoo!.
Address of Yahoo India:-
4th Floor, Square Center,
Ph:- 080 66949494
Yahoo! India Pvt Ltd
801, Nicholas Piramal Tower B,
Peninsula Corporate Park,
G.K.Marg, Lower Parel
Yahoo! India Pvt Ltd
14th Floor, Building No. 8,
DLF Cyber City,
DLF Phase 2,
Gurgaon - 122002.
Phone: +91 124 3929600
Fax: +91 124 3929780
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at email@example.com)