Here are the details of Senior Manager, Service Engineering job in Yahoo India. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
Senior Engineering Manager - Search Technologies The Internet is a big, busy place, and we at Yahoo! are proud to stand out in the crowd. As the world's number one Internet brand, servicing over a half billion people, we're determined to maintain our commitment to delivering news, entertainment, information and fun... each and every day.
In order to maintain our position as one of the world's most trafficked Internet destinations, we're always on the lookout for people with big ideas and big talent to help us provide our visitors with the innovative products and services they've come to expect from Yahoo!. We're looking for people like you.
How Big Can You Think?
We seek a talented, technically savvy operations manager to join us in leading the Yahoo! Search Technologies (YST) Production Engineering teamthat is, leading operations for Yahoo!s search back-end infrastructure. This prominent, thriving, mission-critical, Internet environment comprised of tens of thousands of Linux servers is at the heart of one of the worlds largest search engines and is supported by a high-performance team in an extremely dynamic and fast-paced culture.
Responsibilities for the position include:-
* Build and maintain a high-performance operational team, accepting nothing short of excellence in managing the day-to-day responsibilities of the organization.
* Rapidly develop a deep knowledge of the Yahoo Search products and technologies and close working relationship with the Search engineering [development] organization whom you will support.
* Represent the team in multiple cross-functional management forums regarding technical, product and incident topics. Requires a working hands-on technical understanding of the systems, products, architectures and issues involved.
* Work with senior developers / Service engineers to resolve product-related issues, including debugging, bug submission and management.
* Determine where to allocate service engineering resources across the myriad of projects from the business and for internal projects to drive higher site availability and reliability.
* Work with a manager counterpart in US to establish processes to make the sharing of joint-efforts more efficient and productive.
* Be an advocate for the supportability of the product and customer needs by working with Product Management and Engineering.
* Some travel may be required.
The successful candidate will have the following knowledge and expertise: Minimum of 8 years experience managing highly technical teams in support of large mission-critical, high-volume Internet facing infrastructure. Proven track record of attracting, hiring and retaining top-talent. Significant experience with Unix systems, specifically Linux
Experience with complex software product/service delivery architectures that involve multiple components supporting large high-volume mission-critical consumer-facing Internet environments. An ability to understand and write simple scripts in perl or other scripting language. Working familiarity with monitoring and reporting toolsets, such as Nagios and RRD. Knowledge of typical global enterprise network configurations and environments Track record of strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills and developing positive relationships with customers. Proven ability to manage multiple projects in addition to a team.
About Yahoo India
Yahoo was founded in 1994 by Stanford Ph.D. students David Filo and Jerry Yang. Today, Yahoo! Inc. attracts hundreds of millions of users every month through its innovative technology and engaging content and services, making it one of the most trafficked Internet destinations and a world class online media company.
Yahoo! is also committed to empowering its users and employees through programs, products, and services that inspire people to make a positive impact on their communities. Yahoo! for Good connects people with causes through our products and services, as well as through partnerships with nonprofits such as Global Green, Network for Good, and DonorsChoose.
Working at Yahoo India - Why should i Join Yahoo India?:-
Yahoo India Bring your ideas, your passion and your creativity to life — and have fun doing it. At Yahoo!, your work will reach over half a billion people around the world. There’s no small task and no small opportunity. Yahoo India looking for big thinkers who embody the innovative, collaborative, fun spirit that’s uniquely Yahoo!.
Address of Yahoo India:-
4th Floor, Square Center,
Ph:- 080 66949494
Yahoo! India Pvt Ltd
801, Nicholas Piramal Tower B,
Peninsula Corporate Park,
G.K.Marg, Lower Parel
Yahoo! India Pvt Ltd
14th Floor, Building No. 8,
DLF Cyber City,
DLF Phase 2,
Gurgaon - 122002.
Phone: +91 124 3929600
Fax: +91 124 3929780
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at email@example.com)