Senior Manager – General Legal, Mumbai
This Job has Expired! Click Here to View Other
Here are the details of Senior Manager – General Legal job in Shoppers Stop. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
The most important end-results for which an incumbent would be held responsible at the end of the year.
- Responsible for having proper documents executed by the company with various vendors
- Draft and maintain agreements under various retail formats
- Register trademarks and copyrights as per the legal requirements
- Prepare budgets for legal expense at the beginning of the year
- Guide the administration department for obtaining licenses/approvals
- Preparation of complaints, notices, petitions (criminal, consumer, summary suit), etc. and filing the same with relevant judicial authorities and complying with the procedural requirements thereafter
- Issuing legal notices on behalf of the organization and responding to legal notices received by the organization from various parties
- Reviewing the documents prepared by the subordinate or any legal document sent by any department or outside party. Ensuring that they are legally sound
- To make sure that the company does not get into any legal problem due to contracts signed or any activity undertaken by it
- Ensure that the relevant department is made aware of the legal implications of their actions and constant liaising with departments to ensure that the legal aspects are being complied with
Good communication skills, problem solving and analytical skills, planning, organizing, leadership, project management
Internal : Finance, Administration, Marketing, Buying and Merchandising, Institutional Sales, Projects, HR
External : Vendors, Auditors, Contractors
Desired : L.L.B/L.L.M/ PG Diploma in Law
Preferred Industry: Legal/Solicitor Firm
Work Experience (Relevant exp only) 10 – 12 years
Reports to : Vice President Legal
Location : Corporate Office, Malad
About Shoppers Stop:-
Shoppers Stop has attained a leadership postion in the Retail Space by bringing together highly talented people in a creative, collaborative environment. An environment that makes daily challenges enjoyable and rewarding is one of the reasons why Shoppers Stop is a great place to work.
Shoppers Stop believe that the support system provided by its families contribute significantly to the productivity of Shoppers Stop employees. So we have Parichay – an event in which we celebrate our employees’ families by sharing our success with them. A glitzy fashion show and professionally put together entertainment programs which show case our employees’ creative talents is what one can look forward to.
Recently, the Company acquired from Acme Global the entire business of export of textile; textile machinery and textile related chemicals and operates these businesses as its division under the name Acme Global.
Working at Shoppers Stop - Why Should i Join Shoppers Stop ?
Shoppers Stop firmly believe that our ability to accomplish what we want to achieve depends on our employees “associates” and the people we hire.We are committed to the growth and development of our “associates” in our constant reinvention of Shoppers Stop.
We’re growing in dynamic new ways over the next few years and we are looking for people who will enable us to continue our success. We are looking for people who are passionate, adaptable, self-motivated, team players and who reflect our mission statement – “Nothing but the best”.
Address of Shoppers Stop:-
Eureka Towers, 9th Floor,
Link Road, Malad (W)
Mumbai - 400064
Tel: (022) 4249 7000
Fax: (022) 2844 5060
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at firstname.lastname@example.org)