Software Asset Manager, Trivandrum
This Job has Expired! Click Here to View Other
Here are the details of Software Asset Manager job in Ernst & Young - E & Y. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
Posting date : 02/Feb/11
The incumbent is responsible for strategy, process creation, alignment, and exception reporting for Software Asset Management.
Broad range of complex technical or professional work activities, in a variety of contexts:
- Responsible for the development, definition, implementation, socialization and continuous improvement of software asset management lifecycle processes, and license management processes
- Manages the interfaces to Software Asset Management
- Works with the customer portfolios to identify who is permitted to use specific software.
- Ensures software library is in place and maintained
- Compares licenses purchased and software installed/used on EY hardware, and identifies exceptions
- Responsible for auditing of License Compliance activities, including auditing all teams in Operations with license budget ownership; communicating results of compliance audits and remediation steps
- Responsible for ensuring data integration and exception reporting (e.g., ensuring software installation data is available and reporting on software usage)
- Responsible for aligning tool support (e.g., asset repository, knowledge base, license compliance modules, definitive software library, entitlements database, discovery tool)
- Works with appropriate teams to define and oversee the processes for the annual software compliance survey, and the transition of this process into a regular Software Asset Management procedure.
- Influences team and peers internally. Responsible and accountable for work of others and allocation of resources. Participates in activities related to specialization. Decisions influence success of projects and team objectives.
- Experience with the development and implementation of software asset management lifecycle processes
- Experience with developing and monitoring policies regarding corporate software usage
- Experience with using asset management tools
- Experience in annual MS True-ups
- Experience with asset discovery and compliance management
- Knowledge of SMS data
- Knowledge of SW detection methods (add/remove programs, registry values, recognition based on .exe or .dll files)
- Experience with identifying opportunities for unused or partially used software to maximize efficiency and ROI
- Certified Software Asset Manager
- Certified IT Asset Manager
- ITIL V3 Foundation Services Certification
About Ernst & Young - E & Y
Ernst & Young is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, E & Y's 141,000 people are united by its shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. Ernst & Young make a difference by helping the people and clients and its wider communities achieve their potential.
Ernst & Young operates from 8 cities* in India with a work force of over 7500 people, who work towards the firm’s vision of being the trusted business advisor that contributes most to the success of people and clients by creating value and confidence. Global Tax Advisory Services, Risk Advisory Services, Transaction Advisory Services and Business Advisory Services are the core services offered by the firm in India.
Why Ernst & Young - Why should i join E & Y
Ernst & Young is making bold moves that will reshape its industry. E & Y commitment to achieving market leadership and creating a borderless business means that Ernst & Young is better equipped to serve the needs of its clients and people.
If you have the ability to lead and inspire people, contribute to the success of leading businesses and understand the complexities of working effectively across borders, now is the time to join Ernst & Young.
Address of Ernst & Young:-
UB City, Canberra Block
12th & 13th Floor
No. 24, Vittal Mallya Road
Phone: +91 80 4027 5000
Fax: +91 80 2210 6000
TPL House, 2nd Floor
3, Cenotaph Road
Phone: +91 44 4219 4400
Fax: +91 44 2431 1450
1st Floor, Tower A, Building no 8
DLF Cybercity Phase 2
Sector - 25
Phone: +91 124 457 5000
Fax: +91 124 457 5200
Hyderabad (iLabs Dome)
Ground Floor & 1st Floor, Plot No. 18,
Software Units Lay-out, Survey No. 64
18th Floor, Express Towers
Phone: +91 22 2282 5000
Fax: +91 22 2282 6000
6th Floor, HT House
18-20 Kasturba Gandhi Marg
Phone: +91 11 4363 3000
Fax: +91 11 4363 3200
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at firstname.lastname@example.org)