Here are the details of Software Engineer - Automation and Verification job in Nokia India. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
Nokia is a pioneer in mobile telecommunications and the world's leading maker of mobile devices. Today, we are at the forefront of the mobile internet revolution, fusing advanced mobile technology with personalized services to enable people to stay close to what matters to them.
• Want to have an immediate impact on a billion people?
• Interested in creating software for the most widely used mobile phone platform in the world?
• Widgets, Apps, Social Networking, E-mail, Maps, Video, Browsing on Mobile Phones - we make it possible!
This team at Nokia has enabled millions of mobile phone users worldwide to perform their favorite activities on the web. As part of our plan to reach the next billion consumers, we need to expand our service offerings.
As a proven leader in providing high performance, next generation mobile internet solutions, this team within Nokia is seeking a Software Engineer with Java / C++ experience . You'll work with highly motivated team members who possess a passion for excellence, developing innovative, creative solutions in a fast-paced environment. Our solutions need to exceed consumer expectations in order to provide the best-in-class possible internet experience in the market.
. Under general direction, utilizing an appropriate testing methodology, analyzes testing requirements as the basis for developing testing scenarios for a test level to be executed on a project.
· Designs testing scenarios and test cases that will demonstrate conformance to all functional and non-functional requirements, relative to the test level, as defined in the technical specifications.
· Executes tasks related to the production of the Test Plan, test cases, test scripts, and test data.
· Analyzes the results of the testing process and recommends solutions.
· Defines, identifies, collects, and organizes detailed information relating to testing requirements.
· Interacts with the project team to gain an understanding of the business environment, technical context, and conformance criteria.
· Under general direction, performs quality reviews of software to measure performance against requirements and procedures.
· Advises QA Manager/Project Manager in preparing action plan following quality review.
· Executes implementation of procedural/system solutions to improve quality.
· Tests software prior to installation in a production environment.
· Tests and approves applications for operation within an existing infrastructure.
· Identifies and/or evaluates new technologies as to their effects on servers and networks.
· Documents all test results
. Experience in Software Quality Assurance and Testing a plus.
· BS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
· Self-starter who can quickly come up-to-speed on Mobile Browser technology
· Ability to work well and succeed in a team environment and individually
· Ability to develop, write, and execute test plans and test cases based on requirements documents and use cases.
· Ability to clearly, concisely, and confidently communicate with project team members both verbally and in writing.
Education Level:- Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
About Nokia India:-
Nokia has played a pioneering role in the growth of cellular technology in India, starting with the first-ever cellular call a decade ago, made on a Nokia mobile phone over a Nokia-deployed network.
Nokia started its India operations in 1995, and presently operates out of offices in New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata,Jaipur,Lucknow,Chennai, Bangalore, Pune and Ahmedabad. The Indian operations comprise of the handsets business; R&D facilities in Bangalore and Mumbai; a manufacturing plant in Chennai and a Design Studio in Bangalore.
Working at Nokia- Why Should i Join Nokia?
Nokia has three Research & Development centers in India, based in Bangalore and Mumbai. These R&D hubs are staffed by engineers who are working on next-generation packet-switched mobile technologies and communications solutions to enhance corporate productivity. Nokia has set up its mobile device manufacturing facility in Chennai, India to meet the burgeoning demand for mobile devices in the country. The manufacturing facility is operational with an investment of USD 210 million and currently employs 8000 people. Nokia has recently announced fresh investments to the tune of US $ 75 million towards its manufacturing plant in Sriperumbudur, Chennai for the year 2008.
2B, Mercury Block,
Prestige Tech Park, Sarjapur,
Marathalli Ring Road,
Tel: +91 80 4015 9000
Fax: +91 80 4015 9999
C/402 Business Square
Opposite Apple Heritage Chakala,
Tel:+91 22 6742 7760,67427762
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at firstname.lastname@example.org)