Here are the details of Software Engineer - ISL job in IBM. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
Posted On:- 28-Jan-2013
- Assist internal and external customers in diagnosing and resolving complex technical problems and answering function and usage questions during implementation and operation of Sterling Commerce products via phone, email and web.
- Provides periodic updates to the customers, co-workers, and management on the status of outstanding issues.
- Takes ownership of complex issues and follow through to completion
- Responsible for ensuring that the Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to prioritise and handle multiple issues simultaneously
- Knowledge of Operating Systems - UNIX and Windows
- Experience in one or more of the following: Java, SQL, PL/SQL, relational database concepts (DB2, Oracle, MS SQL Server), Unix Shell Scripting, XML
- Knowledge of J2EE architecture and application servers (WebSphere, Weblogic etc)
- Working experience in product/technical support or consulting services preferred
- Knowledge of supply chain management, Warehouse management, Order management, ERP applications, and/or Financial Systems is desirable.
# Required Skills - Technical and Non Technical
"REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:-
• Technical skills:-
Good understanding of J2EE architecture, Core and Advance Java
Basic understanding of EAI.
RDBMS –Experience with Oracle, DB2/UDB and/or MSSQL; Writing and analyzing sql statements; Database administration, maintenance and troubleshooting.
Understanding of xml and xml parser.
Experience with Unix / Linux.
Familiarity with Networking Protocols – TCP/IP, FTP/S, HTTP/S, SFTP, SMTP
• Good problem-solving, troubleshooting, and issue resolution capabilities. Proactively seek help, assess options, and find solutions.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to engage and contribute in individual and team environments.
• Ability to handle stressful situations with perseverance and professionalism.
• Ability to understand, document, and restate customer business requirements.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:-
• Familiarity with Sterling Commerce B2B solutions strongly desired.
• Experience with B2B standards – EDI – ANSI X12, EDIFACT, CII, EDIINT – AS1, AS2, AS3, Rosettanet, ebxml, swiftnet etc.
• Experience with EAI and B2B integration products or services.
• Experience with Webservices,
• Experience with Websphere MQ or/and JMS compliance queues
• Experience with BPM and BPML
• Familiarity with security involving certificates, encryption, signature, PGP.
• Prior Product Support or QA experience.
IBM has been present in India since 1992. IBM India's solutions and services span all major industries including financial services, healthcare, government, automotive, telecommunications and education, among others. As a trusted partner with wide-ranging service capabilities, IBM helps clients transform and succeed in challenging circumstances. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software, uniquely distinguishes IBM India from other companies in the industry.
IBM India has clearly established itself as one of the leaders in the Indian Information Technology (IT) Industry - and continues to transform itself to align with global markets and geographies to grow this leadership position. Widely recognised as an employer of choice, IBM holds numerous awards for its industry-leading employment practices and policies.
Working at IBM - Why should i Join IBM?:-
IBM offers competitive benefits, as well as an industry-leading practice of performance-based bonuses for all employees. It believe that global innovation demands diverse employees and attractive work/life initiatives that sustain, and retain, them. IBM gives you the power to design your workday, and your life, according to your unique styles and needs.
Address of IBM:-
IBM India Private Limited
Bangalore - 29.
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at firstname.lastname@example.org)