Here are the details of Solution Architect - Payments - Mumbai job in Tata Communications. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
Position:- Solution Architect - Payments - Mumbai
Work Location:- Mumbai
Date Posted :- Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Key Objective / Purpose of the Job :-
- You shall be part of the Technology team dealing with all Payment Systems involving front-end devices (ATMs, kiosks, POS/payment terminals, mobile touchpoints etc.), switches (acquiring, issuing, reconciliation & settlement) and cards (credit, debit, prepaid etc.). The Solutions Architect is expected to conceptualize and design a technology solution to a business need or problem of our customers.
- The Solutions Architect is expected to liaise with the relevant Project Manager and is involved in solution delivery at the stages of concept, design, testing, training and "pilot" implementation. Basically, a Solution Architect shall carry bottom-line responsibility for creating a technically robust solution and assisting other technical members of the team, as and when required, to design, develop, test and implement all the technical deliverables.
Major Activities :-
- Understand customer requirements working independently or with a business analyst and conceptualize technology solutions
- Design, validate & detail the technical solution and be a reference point for all technical requirements for the end-solution
- Work with the technical team on the overall requirements and guide them on the right approach in terms of design, development, integration, testing etc.
- Provide consultative sales support including presentations to and meetings with prospective clients as well as provide support for creating proposals by accurately determining time and cost of integration and implementation of systems.
- Leverage extensive knowledge of industry standards and software development skills to make technical recommendations on complex problem resolution, always with an approach that utilizes repeatable, efficient processes and best practices.
- Act as a mentor and coach to technical consultants by sharing business or technical expertise.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through quality work and effective communication throughout projects.
- Track, document status and time spent on customer deliverables.
- Participate in internal projects that help scale the organization, implement best practices, and improve our methodology and quality of integrations.
- Review technical quality of customer deliverables.
a) Essential Qualifications :
- BE/Any other relevant graduate technical degree
- Additional relevant professional certifications will be an advantage.
b) Requisite Skills :-
- A Solutions Architect should possess a high level of technical expertise in different areas of the Payments domain including front-end touchpoints (ATM, POS, IVR, Mobile phones etc.), payment switches, credit / debit / prepaid cards including areas involving end-to-end security, compliance, certification etc.
- Exposure on Financial Inclusion projects, solution design preferred,
- Experience and knowledge regarding ‘Payment hHub’ an advantage
- Sound experience with Networking components (Routers, Switches, Firewalls, VLANs etc.)
- Experience with defining and analyzing Hardware related requirements (Servers, Backup, Replication, Storage, Virtualization etc.)
- Deep exposure to n-tier application architecture, system integration, high availability, end-to-end testing including performance testing, disaster recovery, challenges in field deployments etc.
- Good knowledge of Security standards like PCI-DSS, PA-DSS with sound knowledge in data and transaction security especially end-to-end Key management and PIN encryption
- Past hands-on development expertise will be an added advantage
- Good analytical and communication skills
- Ability to interact with senior management of the company and enlist their commitment to all Process Improvement initiatives
- Ability to champion and draw support from all staff from the various departments of the company in a tactful manner
- Ability to work in teams and escalate “critical” issues to his/her Supervisor
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
c) Work Experience :-
- 10-12 years in similar capacity in the Payments space working for IT related Systems Integration house or Service Provider organization similar to TCBIL.
About Tata Communications:-
Tata Communications is a leading global provider of a new world of communications. With a leadership position in emerging markets, Tata Communications leverages its advanced solutions capabilities and domain expertise across its global and pan-India network to deliver managed solutions to multi-national enterprises, service providers and Indian consumers.
The Tata Global Network includes one of the most advanced and largest submarine cable networks, a Tier-1 IP network, with connectivity to more than 200 countries across 400 PoPs, and nearly 1 million square feet of data center and colocation space worldwide.
Working at Tata Communications- Why Should i Join Tata Communications?:-
Tata Communications provides a myriad of opportunities – from in-house learning and training programs, to a dynamic and diverse work environment, a pool of industry experts, and rich stepping stones of career development.
Build the leadership and skills for success in the telecommunications sector.
Address of Tata Communications:-
PLot No C -21 and C 36
Bandra Kurla Complex
Tel:- + 91 -22 66578765
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at email@example.com)