Here are the details of Sr. Research Engineer job in Yahoo India. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
Research engineers to work alongside our world-class scientists to deliver the next generation of businesses to the company. Engineers at Yahoo! Labs have the opportunity to work on a variety of project types, including: rapid prototype and proof-of-concept development, research engineering libraries, tools, and platforms for distributed computing and algorithm evaluation.
In this position you would be working together with our scientists to develop novel software engineering solutions for problems in information retrieval, machine learning, computational linguistics, matrix and graph algorithms, unsupervised clustering, data mining, human-computer interaction/user experience and microeconomics. You will develop end-to-end data mining pipelines for extracting and utilizing user insights from logs, as well as train and deliver machine learned models. The successful candidate will be passionate about software engineering yet able to thrive in a dynamic research environment.
Minimum Job Qualifications:-
• MS in Computer Science with 4+ years practical experience designing and developing modern, object-oriented, large scale distributed systems
• Specific background, experience, skill set and focus on backend systems architecture, building distributed systems and knowledge of working extensively with databases
• Proficiency in at least one (preferably two) of Java, C++, C and at least one (preferably two) of Perl, PHP, Python
• Thorough understanding and practice in the use of object-oriented design patterns and data management systems, relational or object-oriented
• Some experience with large scale programming multithreading projects
Preferable Job Qualifications:-
• Basic understanding of Hadoop and/or MapReduce
• Familiarity with large-scale, distributed systems backend architecture and development
• System building experience
• Familiarity with tools like Matlab or R
• Ability to interpret research results and transform into innovative, consumer-facing products
About Yahoo India
Yahoo was founded in 1994 by Stanford Ph.D. students David Filo and Jerry Yang. Today, Yahoo! Inc. attracts hundreds of millions of users every month through its innovative technology and engaging content and services, making it one of the most trafficked Internet destinations and a world class online media company.
Yahoo! is also committed to empowering its users and employees through programs, products, and services that inspire people to make a positive impact on their communities. Yahoo! for Good connects people with causes through our products and services, as well as through partnerships with nonprofits such as Global Green, Network for Good, and DonorsChoose.
Working at Yahoo India - Why should i Join Yahoo India?:-
Yahoo India Bring your ideas, your passion and your creativity to life — and have fun doing it. At Yahoo!, your work will reach over half a billion people around the world. There’s no small task and no small opportunity. Yahoo India looking for big thinkers who embody the innovative, collaborative, fun spirit that’s uniquely Yahoo!.
Address of Yahoo India:-
4th Floor, Square Center,
Ph:- 080 66949494
Yahoo! India Pvt Ltd
801, Nicholas Piramal Tower B,
Peninsula Corporate Park,
G.K.Marg, Lower Parel
Yahoo! India Pvt Ltd
14th Floor, Building No. 8,
DLF Cyber City,
DLF Phase 2,
Gurgaon - 122002.
Phone: +91 124 3929600
Fax: +91 124 3929780
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at firstname.lastname@example.org)