Here are the details of Tech Lead, Network Security Ops job in Yahoo India. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
Location:- Bangalore, IN - Bangalore Intermediate Ring Road
Req. Number:- 31546
Date Posted:- 2010/09/06
Think about impacting 1 out of every 2 people online--in innovative and imaginative ways that are uniquely Yahoo!. We do just that each and every day, and you could too. After all, it's big thinkers like you who will create the next generation of Internet experiences for consumers and advertisers across the globe. Now's the time to show the world what you've got. Put your ideas to work for over half a billion people.
* Experience with network security policies, and their implementation.
* Experience resolving DDoS, malware, and other types of network based attacks.
* Experience with Linux (RH) and/or FreeBSD. IPTables, IPFW, and system troubleshooting is a plus.
* Experience with Perl, PHP, SQL, and shell scripts to increase automation and efficiency.
* Experience with Netscreen, Juniper, Cisco, Force10, and SRX hardware.
* Experience working in a Global Operational network environment.
* Experience working with network based filters in an ISP class environment not just enterprise level.
* Experience working in an incident response workflow.
* Experience working with centralized authentication systems (TACACS, Radius).
* Solid base experience with Network security fundamentals (Transitive trust, Security policies, and encryption).
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:-
* Work with Information Security Engineers to ensure compliance of solutions with existing security policies.
* Work with Technical Project Managers to understand project priorities and help sequence network engineering components accordingly.
* Communicate within project teams to set network engineering deliverables and expectations.
* Effectively identify and communicate risks during course of projects.
* Provide detailed and comprehensive documentation.
* Coordinate with Network Operations Center ( NOC ) to ensure appropriate monitoring of new solutions is included as part of roll out.
Daily Operational Responsibilities include the following:-
* Respond to attack alerts and take necessary action(s) to stop or divert the attack and protect Yahoo! assets.
* Ensure the availability of all data network services.
* Respond to escalations, tickets, and alerts from NOC and Helpdesk issued to network engineering in a timely manner. Provide resolution information and work with other teams to complete impact analysis where appropriate.
* Provide comprehensive and maintenance plans for change management review and approval.
* Lead projects internal to the Security Network Engineering team to improve security of network.
* Use various ticketing systems to track and document work efforts.
* Participate in 'On Call' rotation in both the Network Operations and Network Security arenas.
- A minimum of 6-8 years of IP-based networking experience.
- A minimum 2+ years experience in Network Security/Firewalls.
- BE/BS or higher in computer science or a related field or equivalent experience.
- JNCIA (Firewall/VPN, CCSP, CISSP, CCNP/CCIP) or equivalent.
About Yahoo India
Yahoo was founded in 1994 by Stanford Ph.D. students David Filo and Jerry Yang. Today, Yahoo! Inc. attracts hundreds of millions of users every month through its innovative technology and engaging content and services, making it one of the most trafficked Internet destinations and a world class online media company.
Yahoo! is also committed to empowering its users and employees through programs, products, and services that inspire people to make a positive impact on their communities. Yahoo! for Good connects people with causes through our products and services, as well as through partnerships with nonprofits such as Global Green, Network for Good, and DonorsChoose.
Working at Yahoo India - Why should i Join Yahoo India?:-
Yahoo India Bring your ideas, your passion and your creativity to life — and have fun doing it. At Yahoo!, your work will reach over half a billion people around the world. There’s no small task and no small opportunity. Yahoo India looking for big thinkers who embody the innovative, collaborative, fun spirit that’s uniquely Yahoo!.
Address of Yahoo India:-
4th Floor, Square Center,
Ph:- 080 66949494
Yahoo! India Pvt Ltd
801, Nicholas Piramal Tower B,
Peninsula Corporate Park,
G.K.Marg, Lower Parel
Yahoo! India Pvt Ltd
14th Floor, Building No. 8,
DLF Cyber City,
DLF Phase 2,
Gurgaon - 122002.
Phone: +91 124 3929600
Fax: +91 124 3929780
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at email@example.com)