Here are the details of Test Engineer job in ABB. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
Location:- Bangalore, Karnataka, India
1. Strong in requirement understanding and converting the requirements into test cases. Software Skills:
2. Good at reporting and generating test reports.
3. Co-Ordination with mulitsite development team and resolve issues if any.
4. Understand the domain of protection relays and substation automation system, SCADA, DCS etc.
5. Efficient in bugtracking having good experience in industry standard bug tracking tools case decription Test Configurations.
6. Able to work with binary/analog simulation using omicron or other simulation kit.
7. Set-up and maintain Test Lab.
8. Efficiently test the product from the end-customer's perspective.
1. Thorough understanding on Substation Automation/systems.
2. Should have understanding on Application Engineering, Data Engineering for SCADA/DCS system etc. technologies that enable utility and industry customers to
3. Knowledge on protocols-IEC61850, Modbus, TCP/IP, IEC60870-5-101, 103, 104.
4. Knowledge on industry standard tools required to do engineering for Substation Automation Application, SCADA/DCS system data engineering. (eg DIGSI, SICAM plus tools, Simatic manager Pacis, E-terra control, PCM600, MicroScada. Knowledge on 2-3 tools is OK.)
5. Basic Knowledge of Computer Networking.
6 Basic OS (XP, 2003 etc,.) Knowledge on Installation, Licensing, Drivers and Configurations.
7. Basic Knowledge of PC Classes (WS, Servers) , HW
Components (RAM, HDD, NW Cards, Processors Etc,) , and Other
Microsoft Products (IE, SQL etc)
> Product/Functional Test
* HW Testbed Configurations
* SW Installation/Configurations
> Updating Test Records
> Should have knowledge on Product/Functional testing Process
> Should be able to understand Test Plan and Test case/Test
case decription Test Configurations
> Manual Product Type Testing Capabilities(Understand
Interpret and Execute) as per the Testcases Defined.
> Updating Test Report including reporting defects
> Usage of existing Test Tools (eg, defect tracking tool
'Serena', Test Management tool 'QC')
> Understanding Product Requirements from MRS and PRS
> Test Technique
* Black-Box Testing
>Good trouble shooting experience
* Knowledge of White-Box Testing
ABB is one of the worlds leading engineering companies. It helps customers to use electrical power effectively and to increase industrial productivity in a sustainable way. The ABB Group of companies operates in over 100 countries and employs about 124,000 people.
ABB operations in India include 14 manufacturing facilities with over 8000 employees. Customers are served through an extensive countrywide presence with more than 23 marketing offices, 8 service centers, 3 logistics warehouses and a network of over 550 channel partners. The ABB Group is increasingly leveraging the Indian operations for projects, products, services, engineering and R&D.
Why ABB - Why should i join ABB?:-
ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 117,000 people.
This is a multicultural and global business that believes as strongly in the latest thinking as it does the latest technology. As part of our team, you could enjoy the best of both worlds while leaving your legacy.
Address of ABB:-
49 Race Course Road
Ph:- +91 80 2294 8383
113/96 Janapriya Crest
Ph:- +91 144 2819 1551 / 1661
+91 40 2790 6736, +91 40 2790 6729
Bengal Intelligent Park Ltd
Ph:- +91 33 6621 3311
Ph:- +91 20 6624 3838
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at email@example.com)