Testing Engineering Sr Advisor, Bangalore
This Job has Expired! Click Here to View Other
Here are the details of Testing Engineering Sr Advisor job in Dell. This job or placement paper has been sourced from either company website or newspaper or other media and from students who appeared for this job. User is requested to verify the data before applying for the job.
Posted Date:- 14/07/2011
Location:- Bangalore, KA, India
· Reviews project requirements and design. Logs requirement/design issues and works with Dev, Business teams to closure.
· Estimate test development and test execution activities.
· Conducts a range of quality-control tests and analysis to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements.
· Drafts and revises test plans and scripts by exercising judgment within defined procedures and practices.
· Create test cases and test data to thoroughly test positive and negative program logic.
· Logs defects and identifies course of action and bring it to closure.
· Documents, evaluates and researches test results.
· Represents testing team and works with development, business and environment teams.
· Application software Testing( working knowledge of testing processes and methodologies, defect management, requirements analysis, ability to create test scenarios and test plans etc).
· Should possess strong skills( SQL Server/ Oracle, C# )
· Hands-on experience with tools like VSTS/QTP/Silk
· Should have a good grasp of the software development life cycle methodologies such as Waterfall/Agile.
· Exposure to ecommerce applications would be a huge plus.
Software testing skills:-
· 8 to 10 years of experience in Software Testing. Must have good understanding of testing life cycle.
· Must have performed the lead role for a test team for at least 3 years
· Ability to facilitate teamwork both cross-functionally and globally to complete testing deliverables.
· Ability to track testing progress such as execution rate, # of defects found, defect find and close out rates, SIT entrance and exit criteria, etc. and make changes in direction accordingly.
· Ability to identify dependencies on upstream and downstream applications and incorporate testing of those interfaces in the test plan.
· Have proven track record on the ability to quickly gain detailed understanding of complex applications and their designs.
· Have demonstrated ability to write test cases from the requirements, design docs, and codes. Create end-to-end test scenarios to emulate real life usage of the application.
· Be able to generate the correct set of data to test application and execute tests.
· Ability to manage test defects and manage them to closure. Drive defect review meetings with all stakeholders.
· Have experience in creating automated test scripts and other related off-the-shelf tools; preferable but not mandatory
· Evaluate post launch issues and drive root cause. Review metrics to determine improvements and changes needed on the next project. Provide recommendations for lessons learned and drive them to implementation.
· Should have excellent stakeholder management skills and should be able to interact with Business and Dev teams to achieve testing deliverables.
· Bachelor of Engineering or Master of Computer Applications
For more than 26 years, Dell has empowered countries, communities, customers and people everywhere to use technology to realize their dreams. Customers trust us to deliver technology solutions that help them do and achieve more, whether they’re at home, work, school or anywhere in their world. Learn more about our story, purpose and people behind our customer-centric approach.
Dell is uniquely positioned to impact industry trends. It maintain strong internal development capabilities. Dell partner, rather than compete, with top industry technology suppliers and original development manufacturers. It steer enabling industry standards and technologies through industry groups and strategic partners. In this way, Dell spurs innovation and delivers value to customers.
Working at Dell - Why should i Join Dell?:-
Join Dell,and you’ll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. And you’ll get all the resources you need to realize your loftiest career goals. So take a look around to learn more about our career opportunities, and discover just how bright your future can be.
Address of Dell:-
12/1, 12/2A, 13/1A, Divya Shree Greens
Koramangala Ring Road, Challaghatta, Varthur Hobli
(Disclaimer : This Job or placement paper has been sourced from various sources like print media, Job consultants, past candidates, our users and/ or Company website. The posted date above means the date on which the Job was posted on our site and not on the company site. Users are advised to check with the company for latest requirements before applying for the job. Our website will not be responsible for any loss to the company or the candidate. We have no relation with the company and are not responsible for the validity of this Job. We donot charge the company or candidate or any student anything. If the respective company has any issue with the data provided or they want this particular job or placement paper to be removed they can write into us at firstname.lastname@example.org)