About ASA Institute of Business and Computer Technology
A Tradition of Success
ASA's modest roots began in 1985 with a professor and 12 students in a small Brooklyn classroom. Known then as 'Advanced Software Analysis', the institute focused on computer programming, as New York had a dire shortage of qualified mainframe programmers at that time.
Since then, the college has grown to more than 3000 students, 20 programs of study, and 2 large, centrally-located campuses in midtown Manhattan and downtown Brooklyn. Today, in addition to computers, our programs focus on the rapidly-growing industries of healthcare, business and criminal justice.
Over the years, as technology revolutionized how every major industry operates, ASA created and updated programs of study to meet new market needs.
Consistent with the demands and capabilities of our student body, which includes highly motivated and mature immigrants, ASA programs have always featured a "hands-on" training component.
In 1999, ASA received authorization from the New York State Board of Regents to confer degrees in accounting, computer programming and information technology and medical assisting.
Our mission at ASA is to prepare you for the challenges of today's competitive job market.
The importance of a college degree cannot be overestimated in this, The Age of Information. But even many of the brightest college graduates, with excellent educational backgrounds, are working well below their abilities.
ASA has designed programs that meet the needs of a continuously and swiftly-evolving job market.
Let me emphasize the main features of our unique educational approach:
* A dynamic, flexible college education - ASA believes a college education is of greatest value when combined with hands-on experience. Our class sizes are kept small so you can receive personal attention. Unlimited free-of-charge tutoring is available in our Learning Centers. The college offers evening and weekend classes to accommodate our student body, many of whom work while attending college full-time.
* Specific, up-to-date skills education - ASA is dedicated to teaching the skills that are highest in demand. We keep abreast of the latest industry developments and trends and update our programs regularly.
* Industry Certification of Skills - ASA can prepare you for industry certification by today's most-respected leaders, including Microsoft, Sun Microsystems and the American Association of Medical Assistants.
* Free Lifetime Skills Upgrade - To ensure that their skills remain current in today's rapidly developing job market, ASA graduates are entitled to attend free-of-charge any new course within their ASA program of study or any course they've taken previously.
* Free Lifetime Job Placement Assistance - Graduates are invited and encouraged to use the resources and services of the ASA Job Placement department throughout their lifetime.
By choosing ASA, you're truly making a lifetime investment in your education.