About American Institute of Health Sciences
The American University of Health Sciences, formerly American Institute of Health Sciences, was originally founded in 1994 as a postsecondary training institution to educate and equip students for life careers in the field of health education and to produce quality healthcare professionals for the community and the country. The University exists to provide the following broad range of Associate and Certificate programs in health science:
The University reaches out to serve the graduate and undergraduate educational needs of constituencies in Los Angeles County, Orange County, and other counties in California. It firmly believes in the principle of giving students the means and the opportunity by which to grow and develop in a profession of great import, at the same time empowering them to meet the demands of the larger healthcare industry and community.
The University aims to produce healthcare professionals who are competent and committed when employed in the service of the medical and pharmaceutical community. To this end, the University upholds the following as its guiding principles and philosophy:
* The University adopts a holistic approach to education and promotes total development of mind, body and spirit. The University exists to promote the intellectual, analytical and critical abilities of its students, complemented with solid values such as service and commitment to life-long learning. Intellectual and character value formation are key to individual success and growth;
* All students must acquire the fundamental knowledge and understanding of science and medicine, and appreciate how this discipline has changed and is continually changing human life. The knowledge that students gain should not be limited to theories but to actual medical and clinical applications, thus the University puts a premium on the program's practical and preceptorship/externship requirements;
* The University thrives in an intimate and quality learning environment, where there is enough space for creative individual expression as well as fruitful social interaction. The University houses exhaustive library and computer resources. It harnesses a dynamic, enriching environment where students can freely interact with accomplished and dedicated faculty;
* The University recognizes its critical role in community development and social health service. It is aware that institutional success lies behind what students give back to society and how students make a difference beyond the four walls of the classroom. The University impresses upon all graduates the higher mission and noble privilege of community service and improving the quality of healthcare;
* The University commits to continually develop and upgrade curriculum and courseware to enable students and practitioners to stay up-to-date and conversant with prevailing practices and technologies affecting the healthcare industry. It proudly exhausts all means to reach out and respond to the needs of the healthcare industry and community;
* The University upholds the core values of belief in God, and through Him oneself, one's learning, one's commitment and service to others and the community of man, and does its best to instill these values in both faculty and students.