Baylor University in Waco, Texas, is a private Baptist university, and a nationally ranked liberal arts institution. Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas, Baylor is the oldest, continually operating university in the state. Though 80 percent of our students come from within Texas, we are home to students from all 50 states, and 80 countries.
Get to know us
* Baylor offers a top academic experience. The Fall 2007 freshman class was the most academically qualified class in university history, with a mean SAT score of 1219. Since 1999, the average SAT for entering freshmen has risen 50 points.
* Baylor students interact with outstanding full time faculty from their first days on campus.
* Baylor students are a part of a Christian community of faith. There is a very active community of faith on campus, as well as multiple choices in the larger Waco community. In fact, Baylor students, faculty and staff annually volunteer more than 150,000 hours of local community service.
* Baylor is big enough to meet many needs. With more than 14,000 students working toward degrees in 146 areas of study, pre-professional tracks, and specialized academic opportunities, Baylor offers an outstanding array of educational opportunities.
* Baylor offers a dynamic and invigorating campus life. From concerts to Big 12 athletics to almost 300 student organizations, the Baylor campus is alive with students throughout the year.
* Baylor is small enough to minister to and offer educational opportunities to the individual. From Welcome Week groups to faculty office hours to resident chaplains to specialized tutoring facilities, Baylor offers a place for students to connect and to be treated with the respect and dignity today's students expect and deserve.