Brescia University was founded by the Ursuline Sisters of Mount Saint Joseph in 1950. Its origins are in Mount Saint Joseph Junior College for Women, established at Maple Mount, Kentucky, in 1925. Between 1925 and 1950, coeducational extension courses in Owensboro led to the creation of a second campus and, after 1949, consolidation of the two campuses at the present site of Brescia University . In 1951, Brescia began operating as a four-year College.
An independently supported, Catholic, coeducational institution, Brescia now offers undergraduate and graduate course work for career preparation firmly rooted in the liberal arts. Brescia was approved by the Southern Association of Colleges and Universities for a status change in December 1997. On June 1, 1998, Brescia College became Brescia University .
For more on Brescia's history, please click here.
The Brescia University campus consists of twenty-two buildings within a three block area near downtown Owensboro, Kentucky. Our campus is continually growing and has been under constant renovation for the past several years to better serve the needs of our students. Recent additions to campus include: two new student apartment complexes, a new chapel, several new computer labs, and an new electronic messaging center. You can get a closer look at our campus by taking the online campus tour.