About East Texas Baptist University
East Texas Baptist University is located in Marshall, Texas, an historic city of 25,000 nestled in the scenic piney woods of East Texas. It is part of a larger metropolitan area of Longview, Texas, and Shreveport, Louisiana, and is located 150 miles east of Dallas, on Interstate 20. Marshall is in the center of a recreational and tourist region, and is near the Caddo Lake recreational area.
East Texas Baptist University is an institution affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas since 1912. Our purpose is the development of intellectual inquiry, social consciousness, wellness, skills for a contemporary society, global awareness, and Christian character, for we believe that these endeavors prepare students to accept the obligations and opportunities to serve humanity and the Kingdom of God. Our primary focus is on quality academic programs in the humanities, natural and social sciences, fine arts, and selected professional areas. We are committed to Christian stewardship and to providing and maintaining an environment conducive to learning, leadership development, and academic excellence. We affirm that the liberal arts form the surest foundation for education and that the Christian faith provides the surest foundation for life.
We strive to serve students of varied ages and of diverse socioeconomic, geographic, cultural, ethnic, and religious backgrounds. We seek students who demonstrate a potential for success in our supportive and challenging environment. We employ Christian faculty who are dedicated to teaching, scholarship, advising, and service as they model the principles of the Christian faith. As a Baptist university we are committed to the integration of learning and Christian faith in the pursuit of truth.
· East Texas Baptist University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of East Texas Baptist University.
· National Association of Schools of Music
· Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education
· The Board of Nursing for the State of Texas
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education