About Graceland University
Graceland University is a community dedicated to exceptional higher education, and grounded in the core values of caring and concern. On our two campuses in Lamoni, IA and Independence, MO, as well as through our online programs and other partnerships, we seek to bring out the full potential of each and every student in the Graceland community. While we steadfastly support our core programs, we are continually innovative, responding to the needs of our ever-evolving student body.
Founded in 1895, and sponsored by the Community of Christ, Graceland University is more than just a school; it's a collective of dedicated, caring, and compassionate individuals. Our relationship with our students does not stop at graduation-our close-knit alumni community reaches far beyond a student's time on campus.
Students who come to Graceland often tell us it was the best decision they ever made.
Some basic facts about Graceland University:
* Our total enrollment is 2,300 students.
* The main, residential campus, located in Lamoni, Iowa offers 36 undergraduate majors and 60 degree options, 19 varsity sports, and a full program of intramural sports and campus-wide activities.
* Our high-tech, 55,000-square-foot urban campus in Independence, MO houses our School of Nursing and the Community of Christ Seminary as well as the Center for the Study of the Korean War.
* Other programs offered through the Independence campus include: undergraduate and graduate Education programs and an undergraduate Business Administration program.
* Our Online Programs include Master of Education; Master of Nursing, RN to BSN, RN to MSN; and a BA in Health Care.
* We have partnerships with area community colleges, including Indian Hills Community College (Centerville), North Central Missouri College (Trenton), and Metropolitan Community College's Blue River Campus (Independence) to provide classes and degree completion programs.
* We are affiliated with SkillPath and CompuMaster to provide seminars for our Professional Development and Lifelong Learning program.
* Graceland is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA); the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education; the Iowa Department of Education; the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education; and the Coordinating Board for Higher Education.
* We have approval from the Iowa Board of Nursing and the Missouri Board of Nursing.