About Medical University of Ohio at Toledo
The University of Toledo is one of 13 state universities in Ohio. We were established in 1872 and became a member of the state university system in 1967. The University of Toledo and the Medical University of Ohio merged July 2006 to form the third-largest public university operating budget in the state.
The mission of The University of Toledo is to improve the human condition; to advance knowledge through excellence in learning, discovery and engagement; and to serve as a diverse, student-centered public metropolitan research university.
The core values are:
1. Compassion, Professionalism and Respect: Treat every individual with kindness, dignity and care; consider the thoughts and ideas of others inside and outside of the University with a strong commitment to exemplary personal and institutional altruism, accountability, integrity and honor;
2. Discovery, Learning and Communication: Vigorously pursue and widely share new knowledge; expand the understanding of existing knowledge; develop the knowledge, skills and competencies of students, faculty, staff and the community while promoting a culture of lifelong learning;
3. Diversity, Integrity and Teamwork: Create an environment that values and fosters diversity; earn the trust and commitment of colleagues and the communities served; provide a collaborative and supportive work environment, based upon stewardship and advocacy, that adheres to the highest ethical standard;
4. Engagement, Outreach and Service: Provide services that meet students' and regional needs and where possible exceed expectations; be a global resource and the partner of choice for education, individual development and health care, as well as a center of excellence for cultural, athletic and other events;
5. Excellence, Focus and Innovation: Strive, individually and collectively, to achieve the highest level of focus, quality and pride in all endeavors; continuously improve operations; engage in reflective planning and innovative risk-taking in an environment of academic freedom and responsibility; and
6. Wellness, Healing and Safety: Promote the physical and mental well-being and safety of others, including students, faculty and staff; provide the highest levels of health promotion, disease prevention, treatment and healing possible for those in need within the community and around the world.