About Oklahoma Christian University
You are always welcome to visit Oklahoma Christian University, whether on the Internet or in person. In either place, you’ll find a strong academic institution with a variety of degree programs, a beautiful campus, great opportunities for mission work and service projects, and fun.
Thousands of graduates have attended Oklahoma Christian University over the last 50 years and their experiences here have helped shape our future. Our mission is to “transform lives for faith, leadership and service.” We remain faithfully committed to that mission now, for the next 50 years and beyond. Whether you are visiting Oklahoma Christian for the first time via the web or you’re returning, we hope you find the information you need and will keep coming back. And whether you’ve never been to our campus or are thinking about coming back, please come see for yourself the exciting new things happening at OC.
Oklahoma Christian University is a higher learning community that transforms lives for Christian faith, scholarship, and service.
What began in 1950 as Central Christian College (with an enrollment of 97) has grown into a comprehensive Christian university serving more than 2,000 students. Affiliated with the churches of Christ, Oklahoma Christian welcomes all students who respect the university’s commitment to academic and spiritual excellence and who respect the academic and spiritual pursuits of their fellow students.
Location and Campus
Oklahoma Christian University’s 240-acre campus is located in northeast Oklahoma City, the state capital of Oklahoma. The institution borders the city of Edmond. Students enjoy the academic, cultural and recreational benefits of a big city in a safe, comfortable suburban atmosphere.
* Designated by Princeton Review as a Best Midwestern College.
* One of only two members of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities with ABET national accreditation for three engineering programs.
* Ranked 17th among the 50 most unwired college campuses by Intel Corporation.
* Included in the Center for Student Opportunity’s inaugural College Access and Opportunity Guidebook highlighting institutions committed access, opportunity, and success for the traditionally underserved.
* Named by the John Templeton Foundation as an institution that inspires students to lead ethical and civic-minded lives in its guide, Colleges That Encourage Character Development.
Academic Points of Pride
* 90 percent of students who apply to medical schools are accepted (100 percent acceptance for those participating in undergraduate research).
* School of Business Administration students consistently earn the highest pass rate on the CPA exam of all represented Oklahoma colleges and universities.
* 100 percent of history and political science students who apply to graduate and law schools are accepted.
* 100 percent of language and literature students who apply to graduate schools are accepted.
* 100 percent job placement rate for School of Education graduates.
* 100 percent of School of Education graduates pass the mandatory statewide qualifying exams.
* National History Honor Society named “Best Chapter” of all U.S. universities with 3,000 or fewer students for the 13th straight year.
* Oklahoma Christian University: Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
* School of Business Administration: Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs
* School of Education: National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education
* School of Engineering: ABET
* Department of Music: National Association of Schools of Music
* Nursing Program: Commission on Collegiate Nursing Accreditation