About Pittsburg State University
Thank you for considering Pittsburg State University, home of the Gorillas. Midwest values and hospitality are found on this campus of 7,000 students where the student to faculty ratio is 18-to-1. At Pittsburg State University, students can choose from over 100 academic programs distributed among the colleges of Arts and Sciences, Business, Education, and Technology. Pittsburg State students enjoy small class sizes, challenging courses, a caring faculty, and modern classrooms. Within six months of graduation, approximately 80% of Pittsburg State University graduates are either gainfully employed or enrolled in advanced studies.
Located in the southeast corner of Kansas, the University is within two hours of Tulsa, OK, Kansas City, and Springfield MO. Our students are close enough for big city visits, but still enjoy campus and city sponsored activities. The 20,000 citizens of Pittsburg, KS take pride in supporting Pittsburg State and its mission of encouraging all individuals to achieve their potential.
Pittsburg State University is not just your ordinary college. Sure...other colleges can boast a small student to faculty ratio, where you are known by your name, not a number. Maybe they have a great location in a spirited community or a perfect sized institution. They may even have qualified faculty committed to excellence and also offer over 100 student activities and organizations. Other colleges may be affordable with low tuition costs, but...
* THE GORILLA! PSU is the only university in the nation with a gorilla as a mascot
* A reputable state-of-the-art nationally recognized technology center
* A College of Business where faculty's commitment and hard work helped achieve AACSB accreditation
* Top 10% ranking in the country for the student to computer ratio
* More GTE Academic All Americans than any other NCAA Division II institution this decade (38).