About Cathedral and John Connon School
The Cathedral and John Connon School is one of the most prestigious educational institutions in this country. For the past 150 years it has imparted the finest education through the medium of English, and has the tradition of upholding the most worthy values of the civilized world. Like all good schools, no matter how old, Cathedral never stands still. It moulds the best of the past with the challenges of the present. Once the bastion of English public school values, today it reflects the multiculturalism that is India. Although run by the Anglo Scottish Education Society, its spirit of tolerance and brotherhood of all mankind is the very essence of secular India.
Cathedral and John Connon School has large libraries and state-of-the-art Computer Laboratories and boasts of separate laboratories for physics, chemistry and biology. Cathedral is a member of the Head masters' and Head mistresses' Conference in the United Kingdom.
Cathedral and John Connon School participates in The International Award for Young People (formerly the Duke of Edinburgh Awards Scheme) and the students are encouraged to be self-reliant, develop leadership skills and a love of the outdoors with the numerous camps and hikes conducted during the year. At present Mrs. Meera Isaacs is the Pricipal of the school.
Cathedral and John Connon School Admission Procedure and Admission Fee:-
Parents Seeking Admission For Their Children To The Lower First ( Transition ) Class Please Take Note Of The Following Points:
Children are to be registered after completion of one year of age. Only the parents of the child seeking admission are permitted to complete the registration formalities.
The Following Documents Are Required:
- The original Birth Certificate and a photocopy of the same.
- A local cheque favouring "The Anglo Scottish Education Society".
- If the parent/parents are ex-students, kindly submit a photocopy of the school leaving certificate.
- Christians must submit a photocopy of the child's baptism certificate.
- 1 stamp size photograph each of the child and parents.
Admissions to any other standard – (I - X) - ICSE:-
Applications for Std. I to X are accepted at the security desk from 1st September to 31st December. Applications are to be addressed to the Principal. Kindly mention the class you are interested in and your contact numbers very clearly. A copy each of the birth certificate and the latest progress report of the child is to be attached with the application.
- Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- The Last date for submission is 31st December. Late applications will not be entertained.
- It is not possible for the school to reply individual applications. In case a vacancy occurs, the school office will contact you.
Admissions to standard XI (ISC):
The cathedral school is one of the few schools in mumbai which has standards xi & xii as part of its curriculum. Students seeking admission after their X standard should please note the following points:-
- Applications are to be made only after the Preliminary results are declared.
- Applications are to be addressed to the Principal, mentioning:
- Child's name
- School studying in
- Contact numbers
- Stream interested in (Science, Commerce or Humanities)
Attachments required with the Application are:
- Copy of Birth Certificate.
- Results of standard IX, X and Preliminary Examinations. (photocopies only)
- Certificates of co-curricular/extra curricular activities. (photocopies only).
- The last date for application is 15th February.
- Late and incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- Contact numbers are essential, as it is not possible for the school to reply to parents regarding admissions by post or by e-mail.
- Enquiries regarding applications that have been submitted will not be entertained. The school will contact you only in case of a vacancy.
This school offers facilities like library, laboratories, well ventilated classrooms & a play area.
Contact Details/ Address of Cathedral and John Connon School
Cathedral and John Connon School
6, Purshottamdas Thakurdas Marg,
Mumbai - 400 001
Ph:- 91.22.2200 1282, 91.22.2209 3263
Related Questions on Schools
Details about bioinformatics
Bio informatics is the mixed study of biology and Information science.There are many institutes offering this course in india.Fee structure for BSc Bioinformatics, varies from university to university. also the scope of placement varies.
Generel eligibility for BSc Bioinformatics:
You should have passed 12th exam from a recoughnized board with BIOLOGY as a subject.
some of the reputed universities are asking for minimum 55% marks in 12th exam.