About Chennai Public School
Chennai Public School is affiliated to CBSE. For the school every child is the most potent seed of a powerful human being. Perceiving the approach of New Age of learning, the pioneers of this institution have taken it upon themselves to equip and empower the children of today, preparing them to meet the challenges of future by imparting in them a holistic learning rich in social, theoretical and practical knowledge in line with the growing demand of the future.
Chennai Public School is a day school situated in Anna Nagar West Extension, Chennai. Catering to students from Play school to Grade 12, it is spread over a 75,000 sq. ft. artistically built up learning space with state of art infrastructure in 24 grounds campus with lush greenery and modern amenities.
Chennai Public School Admission Procedure and Admission Fee:-
1. Registration Form and Prospectus
Prospectus should be obtained from the school office by paying Rs.1000. Registration Form shall be issued on request and on producing the credentials of the child whose admission is sought. However, the receipt of Registration Form doesn't guarantee admission.
2. Submission of Registration Form
1. For Montessori / Kindergarten
Registration Form duly filled in along with attested copy of Birth Certificate and a copy of proof of address should be submitted to the school office within 3 days of collecting the form.
2. For Std I to X
Original School Leaving Certificate should be submitted before commencement of classes in June. However, along with the Registration Form proof of schooling such as xerox copy of First Unit test Result or First Term Result and xerox copy of Student Identity Card must be submitted. Attested copy of Birth Certificate, Certificates of achievement for sports in district/ National level (if applicable), a copy of proof of address and a recent passport size photograph should be attached with the Registration Form.
Without these documents the form will not be accepted. Kindly avoid further requests. Duly filled in Registration Form should be submitted within 3 days of collecting the form.
3. Interaction / Admission Test
1. For Montessori/ Kindergarten
The date of INTERACTION will be intimated. The child should be accompanied by both the parents.
2. For Std. I to X
The entrance tests will be in English, Maths, Science and II Language as applicable. The syllabus for the tests shall be of the class in which the child is currently schooling.
Result of the Test shall be put up on the School Notice Board along with the date and the time of interaction with the Principal, if the student is selected. For interaction, both the parents should accompany the child.
4. Eligibility for Admission - 2011
To be eligible for admission, the candidate must fulfil the age limit specified below :
* For Pre-KG & Montessori Environment I, the child must have completed 2 years by 31.01.2011
* For L.K.G & Montessori Environment II, the child must have completed 3 years by 31.01.2011
* For U.K.G & Montessori Environment III, the child must have completed 4 years by 31.01.2011
2. For Std I to X
To be eligible for admission the candidate must qualify in the entrance test and satisfy the norms specified by the school management committee.
5. Admission Criteria
Admission is based on First-cum-First Served basis and on the basis of the performance in the written tests. However, admission shall primarily depend on the availability of seats.
6. Payment of Admission Fees & Other Details
* Details of fee to be paid will be put up at the Fee Counter. Fee should be paid on the same day of admission.
* After paying the fee, the ADMISSION FORM has to be filled in. Admission Form can be obtained from the office by referring the ward's name and quoting the fee receipt number. An attested copy of Birth Certificate should be submited along with the Admission Form, after duly showing the original Birth Certificate to the school authorities.
* No further enquiry or request in this matter shall be appreciated.
* Failure to pay the fees on due date shall automatically cancel the admission. Such candidates may check with the school in the 1st week of June to confirm whether seats are available or not. Kindly avoid approaching the school office or the Principal or any one else with request on the same.
7. Mode of Payment
Fee should be paid by Demand Draft / Cheque in favour of " Chennai Public School , Chennai" for grade 1 & above and "CPS Junior Academy" for Kindergarten and Montessori students at the fee counter. However, cash shall be accepted if cheque payment is not possible. Please ensure that proper receipt is obtained from the school office for the cheque / cash remitted. No post-dated cheques shall be accepted.
8. Uniform, Text Books and Note Books
Regarding Uniform, Text Books and Note Books , details of dates of distribution will be put up on the school notice board.
9. Cancellation of Admission
In case of cancellation of admission by the parent for some reason or the other, the fees paid cannot be refunded.
10. Office Hours
School Office shall remain closed on all Sundays, 2nd Saturdays & Public Holidays. Fees shall be accepted from 9.30 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. on all weekdays & 9.30 a.m. to 12.00 noon on Saturdays.
This school offers facilities like library, laboratories, well ventilated classrooms & a play area.
Contact Details/ Address of Chennai Public School
Chennai Public School
TVS Avenue Main Road, Anna Nagar (West Extn.),
Chennai - 600101
Related Questions on Schools
Details about bioinformatics
Bio informatics is the mixed study of biology and Information science.There are many institutes offering this course in india.Fee structure for BSc Bioinformatics, varies from university to university. also the scope of placement varies.
Generel eligibility for BSc Bioinformatics:
You should have passed 12th exam from a recoughnized board with BIOLOGY as a subject.
some of the reputed universities are asking for minimum 55% marks in 12th exam.