About Don Bosco High School Panjim
Don Bosco High School was established in 1947. It is affiliated to CBSE Board. It is located at Althino, Panaji.
Don Bosco High School, Panjim with the Pre-primary (Private-English Medium), primary as Konkani medium and the secondary school as English medium, educates approximately over 2000 students,out of which 200 students pass out every year with a successful SSC certificate.
FACILITIES PROVIDED BY SCHOOL:
1. CLASSROOMS:There are spacious, well lit and ventilated classrooms to facilitate the teaching and learning process
2. COMPUTER LABORATORY: The computer lab is well equipped with computers, LCDs and broad band internet connection.
3. AUDIO-VISUAL ROOM: The air-conditioned AV hall enables the school to organize workshops and seminars for students and teachers. Presentations prepared by teachers are projected here for the students for their better assimilation.
4. MUSIC ROOM: Our school has a separate music room equipped with musical instruments like the drums, guitar, violin and keyboard, where regular music classes are conducted.
5. COURTS: Our school has an indoor as well as an outdoor Basket ball court and an indoor badminton court. The tennis court will soon be commissioned.
6. PLAYGROUND: Don Bosco Panjim is the only school in Panjim which boasts of a large playground with lush green football field.
7. SCIENCE LABORATORY: The science lab is huge and spacious. Its large wooden work tables and cement side benches give just the right touch and feel. The lab is well equipped with the upgraded and new apparatus. Just the right place for the budding scientists.
8. TEACHING TOOLS/AIDS: Teaching aids are an important part of our teaching process. OHP, LCDs, DVD players, K-YAN projectors, digital camera and handy cam are used extensively to make teaching more simple and receptive for the students. We are one of the only school in Goa that has installed an ‘E-Board’ in the classroom.
9. E- CLASSROOM: In our school technology has been put to best use with the installation of an E-Class wherein the LCD is connected to the CPU. The sliding white board gets activated to an electronic board when it is calibrated with the software. All written matter is saved, and a print out taken if required. All applications can be worked on in class be it PowerPoint, Excel worksheet and MS Word.
10. COUNSELLING SERVICES: The School students have a privilege to approach the two trained counsellors present on campus to discuss any confidential issue. In these counsellors they find a good listener and therapists who equip them with skills to deal with different problems.
Don Bosco High School Admission Procedure and Admission Fee:-
This school offers facilities like library, laboratories, well ventilated classrooms & a play area.
Contact Details/ Address of Don Bosco High School Panjim
Don Bosco School
North Goa, Althino, Panaji (Panjim),
Ph:- 0832 242 2854
Related Questions on Schools
Details about bioinformatics
Bio informatics is the mixed study of biology and Information science.There are many institutes offering this course in india.Fee structure for BSc Bioinformatics, varies from university to university. also the scope of placement varies.
Generel eligibility for BSc Bioinformatics:
You should have passed 12th exam from a recoughnized board with BIOLOGY as a subject.
some of the reputed universities are asking for minimum 55% marks in 12th exam.