About Doon School
The Doon School was established in 1946 at Dehradun. IT is affiliated to the Council for Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) and English is the medium of instruction. The Doon School also offers the International Baccalaureate Diploma.
Falilities offered by Doon School Dehradun:-
- Wi-fi Campus
- The school has built two new holding houses as part of its thrust on modernisation.
- Well stocked Library with h18,000 documents consists of books and multimedia on variety of subjects.
- Sports facilities at The Doon School encompass:- A 25-metre swimming pool, four squash courts, two new all weather basketball courts, four new all-weather tennis courts, cricket grounds, hockey and soccer fields provide excellent training grounds for budding sportsmen.
The Doon school admits boys in January and April every year. In January, it admits into the 8th standard (C form), and in April it admits into the 7th standard (D form).
Doon School Admission Procedure and Admission Fee:-
The school admits boys in January and April every year. In January, it admits into the 8th standard (C form), and in April it admits into the 7th standard (D form).
To be admitted in the 7th standard, a boy must be over 11 years and under 12 years of age in September of the year in which he sits for the entrance test. To be admitted in the 8th standard, he must be over 12 years and under 13 years of age in September of the year in which he sits for the test.
Admissions is a two step process.
* In the first step, boys write an entrance test conducted in the major metropolitan cities in India (Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai and Dehradun). Overseas candidates may take the test at their respective Indian embassies/consulates.
The written test is held in November of every year. The test consists of four papers: English, Hindi, Mathematics, and General Knowledge.
Hindi is a compulsory language up to and including the 10th standard. Therefore, all boys must appear for the test in Hindi. Exemption may be granted to those candidates who have not studied Hindi in the five years prior to the entrance test. In such cases, parents should inform the school, explaining in detail why the boy had not studied Hindi in that period. They should submit supporting letters and certificates from the previous school(s).
* In the second step of the admissions process, those boys who qualify in the written test are invited for a personal interview. The interviews are usually done in December, at the school and in select cities in different parts of India (Kolkata, Mumbai, and Bangalore/ Hyderabad/Chennai).
The school gives some consideration to the sons, grandsons, and brothers of Old Boys as also to brothers of boys currently in school.
The school does not admit boys after the 8th standard.
In order to sit for the entrance examination again, the candidate must meet the age requirement set out above.
The number of boys admitted every year depends on the vacancies that become available after the candidates for the ISC and ICSE have left the school.
For further details on admission, please contact the Headmaster's Secretariat.
Admission offers are made in January and a complete set of admission documents is sent out which includes a detailed clothing list. The first year is probationary and the terms of the agreement, which are executed on stamped paper before admission is granted, must be abided by.
Fee Type Amount( in INR)
School Fees:- Rs. 4,05,000/- per annum
Admission Fees:- Rs. 50,000/- (at the time of admission)
Security Deposit:- Rs. 50,000/- (refundable)
Advance for Incidentals:- Rs. 25,000/- per term.
This school offers facilities like library, laboratories, well ventilated classrooms & a play area.
Contact Details/ Address of Doon School
THE DOON SCHOOL
Related Questions on Schools
Details about bioinformatics
Bio informatics is the mixed study of biology and Information science.There are many institutes offering this course in india.Fee structure for BSc Bioinformatics, varies from university to university. also the scope of placement varies.
Generel eligibility for BSc Bioinformatics:
You should have passed 12th exam from a recoughnized board with BIOLOGY as a subject.
some of the reputed universities are asking for minimum 55% marks in 12th exam.