About Dunne's Institute (Primary & Secondary School)
Dunne's Institute was established in 1951 by Mrs. C.V. Dunne. At present Mrs. Lauisa Mathew is the Principal of the Institute. The Dunne's institute 'Primary Section' is recognized by the Mumbai (Bombay) Municipal Corporation and 'Secondary Section' is recognized by the Board of Secondary Education. The Institution is affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (ICSE), New Delhi and prepares and groom students for the ICSE Examination.
Dunne's institute has well qualified and trained Teachers, a host of about hundreds enthusiastic young minds, wholehearted support from parents, along with a abundance of literary, linguistic and science-based competitions and plethora of creative work and activated, viz., Computers, Music, Sports, Cultural Programmed, Dramatics. etc., - to name only a few, have together made it possible for the Institution to carve a niche for itself. The Institution has won the hosts of trophies and Certificated of Merit at competitions held by reputed Institutions/Organisations, at different levels, from times to time. The Institution has won numerous accolades, the name and prestige for itself.
Dunne's institute is an ISO-9001:2000 Certified Institute.
Dunne's Institute Admission Procedure and Admission Fee:-
1. The Management reserves the right to say on what conditions they will admit ore retain student in their school.
2. Students applying for admission are as a rule subjected to an entrance test.
3. Two passport size photographs required at the time of admission.
4. A deposit of Rs. 5000/- paid at the time of admission is refundable at the time of leaving the school on production of Deposit Receipt, otherwise no payment will be made. Deposit will be retained with the school till the student leaves the school or minimum period of three years.
5. Admissions are, as a rule, made only at the beginning of the academic year.
6. A new student coming from a recognized school will be admitted subject to production of valid school leaving certificate / Birth Certificate. Such a certificate should be countersigned by the Educational Inspector of the District in the State in which the school is situated, if the State is other than Maharashtra State. All documents, submitted become the property of the school and are not returned.
7. A new student coming from an unrecognized school has to produce and affidavit by the parent or guardian sworn before a magistrate. The affidavit should clearly state (i) the reason why the student did not join any recognized school. (ii) the name of the unrecognized school and (iii) the examination passed, if any. Moreover, he has to produce the School Leaving Certificate of the unrecognized school as well as the official Birth Certificate.
8. The age for admission to the school in the First Standard is six years and children will be admitted in the Pre-primary Section of the school accordingly. Children who complete three years before 31st May of the year for which they are seeking admission, shall be admitted to the Nursery class. A corresponding age prevails for the successive classes.
9. Admission fee of Rs. 750/- for all the classes will be charged at the time of admission which is not refundable.
10. Initially, the parents should apply through available the Application Form on payment for admission to the School and will agree to abide by all the rules of discipline and conduct of the school in force and amended, from time to time.
11. School Leaving Certificate will be issued any after the school dues are paid in full and library books are returned.
12. Notice of Withdrawal of a student form the School must be given in writing one calendar month in advance of in lieu of notice one month's prevailing Tuition Fee will be charged.
Parents are advised to furnish application for School Leaving Certificate in the prescribed FORM Annexed at the end of Academic Year. I.e., positively by 30th April. If the application is furnished in he month of May, Tuition Fee in lieu of one month's notice will be charged and thereafter, June to August, three month's Tuition Fee will be charged as Notice Fee, which please note.
a) Admission - Rs. 750/-
b) Nursery, Lower Kindergarten and Upper Kindergarten Rs. 900/- per month
c) For Stds I to X Rs. 1000/- per month
d) Term Fees Rs. 750/- (For both Sections)
(Payable in June and December)
e) Science Practical's for Stds. VIII to X Rs. 250/- per term (only for Science group)
f) P.T.A. Fees Rs. 60/- per annum (to be paid in June)
This school offers facilities like library, laboratories, well ventilated classrooms & a play area.
Contact Details/ Address of Dunne's Institute (Primary & Secondary School)
Dunne's Institute (Primary & Secondary School)
Nathalal Parekh Marg,
Colaba, Mumbai - 400005.
Tel.: (022) 2215 0910
Related Questions on Schools
Details about bioinformatics
Bio informatics is the mixed study of biology and Information science.There are many institutes offering this course in india.Fee structure for BSc Bioinformatics, varies from university to university. also the scope of placement varies.
Generel eligibility for BSc Bioinformatics:
You should have passed 12th exam from a recoughnized board with BIOLOGY as a subject.
some of the reputed universities are asking for minimum 55% marks in 12th exam.