About Indus International School, Bangalore
Indus International School, Bangalore was established in 2003. Indus International School, Bangalore has IT infrastructure, well-stocked learning resource centre (library), and digital hook-ups with Internet and online libraries., The Indoor Sports Complex houses a basketball court, four badminton courts, two table-tennis tables, gymnasium, and one squash court. The complex also features two swimming pools, including one for toddlers, and a 25m pool with gallery seating for spectators.
Curriculum is based on the concept of multiple intelligences and is broadly classified into the following categories.
* The International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme is a curriculum, a philosophy and a methodology for young learners between Kindergarten to Grade 5. In this program, emphasis is placed on trans-disciplinary and inquiry-based learning.
* The Middle School Programme is designed for students between the ages of 11 and 16. The student's intellectual and social development is the focus of this program.
* The International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) curriculum conducted by Cambridge International Examinations (CIE). This programme is offered for grades IX and X and culminates in an examination and IGCSE Certification, on par with any secondary school certificate.
* The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) is a two-year sixth form course of study.
Indus International School, Bangalore Admission Procedure and Admission Fee:-
Admissions to the Indus International School, Bangalore is conducted as per the following:
Preparatory I & II - will be conducted by the admissions department.
Grade 1 to 5 – admission will be offered based on the last 2 years academic year reports/ performance.
Grade 6 and above will be based on written aptitude tests of the student.
We firmly believe that all children possess specific intelligences in which they are strong. Consequently, admissions will be based on the proclivity of the student especially mental organization, creativity and critical thinking skills.
This concept is based on the idea of multiple intelligences. We have developed 'assessment yardsticks' which will be applied to determine the proclivity of each child.
Admissions are open for all grades for Academic Session 2010 - 2011 & 2011 - 2012.
Admissions will be considered, subject to vacancies in the respective grade
* Admission tests will be held, for Grades – 6 to 11. Date and time will be as per parents request. The test commences at 9.00 a.m at the school premises. Subjects: English, Math & Science for Grade 6 to 8 English & Math mandatory for Grade 9 & 11. Science is tested based on the choice of subject combination. (Age and grade appropriate knowledge and skills are tested).
* The outcome of the tests is usually announced on a working day within a week.
* Students for Primary years may be interviewed by the grade teacher to gauge their readiness for a particular grade.
* Tests are set on an age appropriate, international curricula.
* Parents/guardians are advised to arrive for the test at the appointed time.
Once a student has been tested and assessed, the procedure for admission is as follows:
Process for Admission
* The Registration Form, duly filled, must be submitted along with the respective registration fees in cash, cheque or Demand Draft, prior to taking the admission test.
* The Registration Form must be accompanied by
o Reports of scholastic achievement from the previous school for at least 2 years
o 8 passport size photographs
o Copy of age proof
* The Registration Form must be accompanied by reports of scholastic achievement from the previous school for at least 2 years, 8 passport size photographs and age proof (copy of birth certificate or passport)
* The Registration Form must be mailed to:
Indus International School,
Sarjapur, Bangalore - 562125
* A certification of good conduct must be provided from the last school attended, if there is no transfer certificate.
* Final admission of a student, after due process, will be communicated to parents/ guardians.
* On receipt of confirmation, the admission fee, and refundable security deposit must be paid within the date mentioned by the admissions department and thereafter the annual fees must be paid in full / installment by the due date.
* Joining instructions will be given to the student at this point.
This school offers facilities like library, laboratories, well ventilated classrooms & a play area.
Contact Details/ Address of Indus International School, Bangalore
Indus International School
Sarjapur, Bangalore 562125
Board Line : +91-80-22895900
Admissions : +91-80-22895909 / 913
Related Questions on Schools
Details about bioinformatics
Bio informatics is the mixed study of biology and Information science.There are many institutes offering this course in india.Fee structure for BSc Bioinformatics, varies from university to university. also the scope of placement varies.
Generel eligibility for BSc Bioinformatics:
You should have passed 12th exam from a recoughnized board with BIOLOGY as a subject.
some of the reputed universities are asking for minimum 55% marks in 12th exam.