About Salt Lake School (English Medium)
Salt Lake School (Eng.Medium) was established in 1979. It is is managed by an Executive Council. Students are prepared for the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (I.C.S.E) and Indian School Certificate Examination (I.S.C) under the Council for The Indian School Certificate Examinations.
Salt Lake School (Eng.Med.) is the school that cares. It has always tried to live up to the ideals of Duty, Reverence, Knowledge. The students and the teachers have tried to implement them in their own little ways through school activities and also in their personal lives.
Salt Lake School (Eng.Medium) organize Athletic meets, Football, Volleyball, Throw ball and cricket competitions in our school and also participate with full vigour in various Inter-school competitions.
Salt Lake School (Eng.Med.) Admission Procedure and Admission Fee:-
PRE-PRIMARY - I
• Age : 4+ (Above 4 years and below 5 years) as in the month of April of the Academic session, e.g., for 2010-2011 session, a child whose age is above 4 years and below 5 years as on April 2010 , will be eligible for admission.
• Form Distribution: Usually in the month of September of the previous year i.e., for 2010-2011 session, admission forms will be distributed in September 2009.
Method of Selection:
• The filled up forms are scrutinized and the list of candidates will be displayed on the the school 'notice board' eligible for interactive session.
• The final list of candidates eligible for admission will be displayed on the basis of result of the interactive session..
PRE PRIMARY- II TO CLASS VIII:-
• If there is any vacancy in any class from Pre-Primary II (5+ Age) to class VIII, it will be notified on the school notice board usually on the last week of March every year.
• On the basis of the written test and interview on a fixed date the candidates will be selected for admission.
• Standard of test: it will be immediately below the standard to which they seek admission.
• The admission forms will be given after the ICSE result is published. The date will be displayed on the notice board and in the website.
• The students will get the forms after showing their mark sheet and they have to submit the forms on the specified date. Written test may be taken in certain subjects.
• The list will be put up on the notice board and the candidates will be selected according to their merit.
This school offers facilities like library, laboratories, well ventilated classrooms & a play area.
Contact Details/ Address of Salt Lake School (English Medium)
Salt Lake School
CA - 221, Sector - I,
Salt Lake City
Kolkata - 700 064
Phone No.: +91 33 2337 1477 / 2358 8154, +91 33 2334 5112
Related Questions on Schools
Details about bioinformatics
Bio informatics is the mixed study of biology and Information science.There are many institutes offering this course in india.Fee structure for BSc Bioinformatics, varies from university to university. also the scope of placement varies.
Generel eligibility for BSc Bioinformatics:
You should have passed 12th exam from a recoughnized board with BIOLOGY as a subject.
some of the reputed universities are asking for minimum 55% marks in 12th exam.