About Shri Shivaji Preparatory Military School
Shri Shivaji Preparatory Military School was established in June 1932. It is affiliated to the Maharashtra state board of secondary education
Shri Shivaji Preparatory Military School campus faces the historical Shaniwarwada across the river Mutha, spanned across by Shivaji bridge. The Equestrian statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj and the All India Shri Shivaji Memorial Garden is a landmark in Pune. The school has well equipped laboratories for Physics, Chemistry, Biology & Computer Science, huge library with collection of twenty thousand books from all disciplines is available for the students. The School Playgrounds are situated near the Pune RTO. The playgrounds are spread over an area of five acres. It has grounds for football, hockey, cricket, and basketball. It has all facilities for athletics. There is a swimming pool & a riding ring.
Shri Shivaji Preparatory Military School Procedure and Admission Fee:-
- An application (on the prescribed form, attached to this Prospectus which costs Rs.300/-, per copy is to be made by the Parent / Guardian to the Principal, accompanied by a non refundable registration fee of Rs. 300/-, the candidate's Birth Certificate, and the Health Form (also attached here). Also the progress report of last two examinations taken by students in his previous School should be attached where applicable. The best course is to get a boy's name registered for admission well in advance, as their is always a long waiting list. The candidate has to take a qualifying test in English, Mathematics and General Knowledge (all papers in English), and appear at interview. The academic year normally begins on 1st June and ends of 31st March.
- Admission is granted irrespective of any consideration of caste; creed or community boys of age 9+are admitted to std. V of 10+ to VI and 11+ to VII. Boys of age 4+ and below 5 years are admitted in the hostel in Pre - primary class of the Primary Boarding School, provided they can live by themselves away from home. Few boys are also admitted to classes 1 to IV depending on availability of seats and satisfying the age limit.
- Boys are admitted only at beginning of the academic year i.e. before 1st June. However, if there is a vacancy, an exception may be made in the case of son of an employee of the Union of state Government with transferable service.
- The School Leaving Certificate from the previous school should be obtained only after selection for admission has been confirmed in writing. However, admission will be granted only after submission of the School Leaving Certificate from the previous school. If a boy has not attended any school previously, he will be placed (Subjected to the confirmation by the Education officer) in the standard for which he is found fit after test and the interview.
- Parents may please note that registration of name by submitting the prescribed application does not grant of admission.
- A boy will be admitted to the standard to which he is eligible according to his school - Leaving certificate.
It is necessary to appoint a local guardian (in Pune or in Mumbai) in case of an overseas student, for the purpose of
(a) taking charge of the boy in the holidays, in long sickness or in an emergency.
(b) acknowledging the School circulars and bills.
This school offers facilities like library, laboratories, well ventilated classrooms & a play area.
Contact Details/ Address of Shri Shivaji Preparatory Military School
Shri Shivaji Preparatory Military School
55/56 Shivajinagar, Pune - 411 005,
Ph:- 020 - 25533734
Related Questions on Schools
Details about bioinformatics
Bio informatics is the mixed study of biology and Information science.There are many institutes offering this course in india.Fee structure for BSc Bioinformatics, varies from university to university. also the scope of placement varies.
Generel eligibility for BSc Bioinformatics:
You should have passed 12th exam from a recoughnized board with BIOLOGY as a subject.
some of the reputed universities are asking for minimum 55% marks in 12th exam.