About The Bishop's School, Pune
The Bishop's School, Pune is affiliated to Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi (ICSE) The syllabus of the Junior School and Middle School is based on the recommendation of the Inter State Board for Anglo-Indian Education and Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations.
The course of studies includes Moral Instruction, Reading, Writing, Mathematics (Integrated), Physics, Chemistry, Biology, General Science, History, Geography, Crafts, Hindi, Marathi, Sanskrit, English Language and Literature, Physical Training, Commerce and SUPW. Computers has been introduced from classes K.G. to X w.e.f. June-2000. The medium of instruction throughout is English with Hindi being the 2nd and Sanskrit/Marathi/French being the 3rd language.
Bishop's School, Pune is equipped with large buildings consisting of 75 well-ventilated Classrooms, 3 Science laboratories, 2 Assembly Halls, 2 well stocked Libraries catering to the needs of the junior, Middle and senior school, and a Dining Room which seats about 250 children, Computer labs have 60 computers each for the computer classes.
Bishop's School, Pune Admission Procedure and Admission Fee:-
The normal age groups for admission to the various classes are as follows:
Nursery (Kalyaninagar) 2 yrs 6 months to 3 yrs 5 months
Lower KG 3 yrs 6 months to 4 yrs 5 months
UKG 4 yrs 6 months to 5 yrs 5 months
std. I 5 yrs 6 months to 6 yrs 5 months
std. II 6 yrs 6 months to 7 yrs 5 months
std. III 7 yrs 6 months to 8 yrs 5 months
std. IV 8 yrs 6 months to 9 yrs 5 months
std. V 9 yrs 6 months to 10 yrs 5 months
std. VI 10 yrs 6 months to 11 yrs 5 months
std. VII 11 yrs 6 months to 12 yrs 5 months
std. VIII 12 yrs 6 months to 13 yrs 5 months
std. IX 13 yrs 6 months to 14 yrs 5 months
std. X 14 yrs 6 months to 15 yrs 5 months
Class 11 (Camp) 15 yrs 0 months to 18 yrs 1 months
1 . Applications for admissions should be made on-line through the on-line Admissions form available at www.thebishopsschool.org .Please log on and follow the instructions on-line to fill in the form.
2. No admission will be considered until all the requirements are fully met.
3. Parents/Guardians must give an undertaking, in writing that they will abide by the rules and regulations of the school as made from time to time.
4. The Principal does not bind himself to furnish any reason for rejecting any application.
5. The following certificates must be attached to the application for admission:
Baptism or other original evidence of date of Birth. Viz Municipal Birth Certificate.
Last progress report from the previous school.
Medical certificate signed by a Registered Doctor.
Screening report of the chest, and any other certificate as requested in the application form.
6. A transfer Certificate from a recognized school will be required when admission is granted to classes 2 and above.
7. If a pupil has come from a different State, the Transfer Certificate must be countersigned by the appropriate Inspector concerned. Only a Transfer Certificate from a recognized school is accepted. If a boy has come from a different country, the Transfer Certificate must be countersigned by the appropriate officer of the Indian Embassy/Consulate in that country concerned
8. If a Transfer Certificate is delayed as a result of being sent for counter signature, a provisional certificate from the previous school may be submitted. Admissions granted will be provisional till a proper Transfer Certificate, duly signed and stamped by the appropriate authority, is submitted.
9. When a child is admitted on a Transfer Certificate he will not be placed in a class higher than that which the Transfer Certificate shows him to be qualified in the appropriate month of the particular year. He will not be promoted before the end of the school year. There can be no relaxing of this Rule, which is a Government Directive.
10. Admission will only be confirmed on payment of one term's fees. This amount will be credited and adjusted against the first term's bill. The amount is not refundable if a place accepted is later refused.
This school offers facilities like library, laboratories, well ventilated classrooms & a play area.
Contact Details/ Address of The Bishop's School, Pune
Bishop's School, Pune
5-A, General Bhagat Marg,
Maharastra, India-411 001
Related Questions on Schools
Details about bioinformatics
Bio informatics is the mixed study of biology and Information science.There are many institutes offering this course in india.Fee structure for BSc Bioinformatics, varies from university to university. also the scope of placement varies.
Generel eligibility for BSc Bioinformatics:
You should have passed 12th exam from a recoughnized board with BIOLOGY as a subject.
some of the reputed universities are asking for minimum 55% marks in 12th exam.