About Yadavindra Public School, Patiala
Yadavindra Public School, Patiala- YPS (Patiala) is an English Medium Co-Educational Boarding-cum-Day school was established in 1948 by the late H H Maharaja Yadavindra Singh.
The school prepares students for the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (Class X) and the Indian School Certificate (Class XII) Examinations conducted by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi which is successor to the Local Examinations Syndicate of the Cambridge University (UK).
YPS Patiala has spacious, well-lighted, large and airy classrooms with CD projectors, Laptops etc, three computer lab with latest software applications, well set up science laboratories, large library with a stock of good collection of books.
YPS has sufficient number of play fields for all major of games. These include Hockey, Soccer, Cricket, Tennis and Basketball.
The students, Boarder as well Day Scholars, are divided into three Houses namely Mohindra House, Dhani Ram House, and Phulkian House. There are three Boarding Houses for boys and one for girl’s students. Each House has dormitories, which provide a common living for all.
Yadavindra Public School, Patiala- YPS (Patiala) Admission Procedure and Admission Fee:-
Boys and Girls are admitted to
- Preparatory School at the age of 3 ½ years to 4 ½ years (to Prep 1)
- Junior School at the age of 5 ½ years (to Class I)
- Senior School at the age of 10 ½ years (to Class VI)
Admission to the Boarding House starts from Class IV.
1. Yadavindra Public School is a member of the Indian Public School’s Conference. It is an English medium co-educational residential school.
2. The school prepares students for the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (Class X) and the Indian School Certificate (Class XII) Examinations conducted by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi which is successor to the Local Examinations Syndicate of the Cambridge University (UK)
3. PRIOR REGISTRATION IS AN ESSENTIAL CONDITION FOR ADMISSION and the children can be registered for any academic year as per the choice of parents. THE REGISTRATION FOR ADMISSION TO CLASS PREP 1 AND CLASS I TO V CLOSES ON 15TH NOVEMBER FOR EACH YEAR.
(a) Children registered for admission are called for pre-admission test in English and Mathematics for classes I and II and English, Mathematics and Sciences for Classes III to IX. Time and date fixed for the test cannot be changed.
(b) Registration is valid only for the year and class for which it is made.
(c) If the candidate does not appear for the test or is denied admission after the test he/she forfeits the Registration Number and the Registration Fee
(d) Pre-admission test for classes I to V are conducted on the last Sunday of November and interviews for Class Prep 1 are conducted on the first Sunday of December every year.
(e) The list of students selected for admission is put up on the School Notice Board after two days of the conduct of the Pre-Admission test.
(f) Pre-admission test for the other classes (VI to IX) will be held on the first Saturday of February. Admission will be offered only against vacancy.
(g) The candidate will be allowed to take the Pre-admission test only if the Registration Fee is paid.
5. Our norm of class-age relationship is given below;
Pre 1 3 ½ years to 4 ½
a) The admission to the rest of the classes is based on the performance of the child in the test and on the basis of the last school leaving certificate
b) Age is calculated as on 31st March of the year of admission
6. Students for Class I to Class III are admitted as Day Scholars. Class IV and class V can be admitted as Boarders/Day Scholars. Classes VI onwards are admitted as Boarders only. The school provides Boarding House Facilities for Girls as well.
7. Admissions are normally made to Prep 1 and Class I to IV in January each year on the basis of a written test and interview held in November/December. Entry into classes other than these is considered only against withdrawals and dropouts. No admissions are made into Class X or Class XII. Admission to class XI (10+1) is done on the basis of the result of class X examination. However, provisional admission may be available on the basis of Pre-Board result. Classes for XI commence from 1st April, every year.
8. Parents are advised not to withdraw children from the schools they are presently studying in as mere registration is no guarantee of admission.
9. Registration fee of Rs.2000/- is non refundable and valid only for the academic session for which the candidate is registered.
Admission to Class IX
1. Admission of students from other affiliated/recognized Schools to class IX is to be completed by 31st July of the Academic Year.
2. Application for admissions must be accompanied by the following documents;
(a) Class VIII Half Yearly Report Cards of the institution studied last
(b) Transfer Certificates duly countersigned by a competent authority of the respective State Education Department/Examination Board, for establishing the recognition/affiliation status of the institutions the student attended last. The countersignature is mandatory.
For the Admission
If admission is offered after the test and interview, you will be required
(i). To pay fees for January onwards on half-yearly or yearly basis (details with admission letter), along with dues payable at the time of fresh admission, within a week, failing which the offer for admission will stand cancelled.
(ii) To produce the Transfer Certificate from his/her previous school
(iii) To produce date of birth certificate issued by the Registrar, Births & Deaths
This school offers facilities like library, laboratories, well ventilated classrooms & a play area.
Contact Details/ Address of Yadavindra Public School, Patiala
YADAVINDRA PUBLIC SCHOOL
SECTOR 51, S.A.S. Nagar, Mohali
Distt. S.A.S. NAGAR (Punjab)
Pin Code 160062
Ph : 0172 - 2232850 (O),
0172 - 2214112 (FAX)
Yadavindra Public School
Related Questions on Schools
Details about bioinformatics
Bio informatics is the mixed study of biology and Information science.There are many institutes offering this course in india.Fee structure for BSc Bioinformatics, varies from university to university. also the scope of placement varies.
Generel eligibility for BSc Bioinformatics:
You should have passed 12th exam from a recoughnized board with BIOLOGY as a subject.
some of the reputed universities are asking for minimum 55% marks in 12th exam.