Welcome to B.Ed Admission Punjab Section. Here you will find BEd Admission Punjab 2017-18, Eligibility, Admission Procedure and Application Form.
Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar conducts Common Entrance Test (CET) for admission to B.Ed. Course in the Colleges of Education (Govt., Govt. Aided, Private Self Financed Colleges) affiliated to Panjab University, Chandigarh; Punjabi University, Patiala and Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar.
Punjab BEd CET 2016 Eligibility:-
a) i) Candidates with at least 50 % marks either in the Bachelor's Degree and/or in the Master's degree in Sciences/Social Sciences/ Humanities, Bachelor's in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification declared equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the programme.
ii) The reservation in seats and relaxation in the qualifying marks in favour of the reserved categories shall be as per rules of the Govt. of Punjab.
The above norms are as per Para 3(2) of Appendix IV of N.C.T.E. Notification 2014.
Note-i):- Any candidate with less than 50% or less marks would not be eligible.
Note-ii):- There shall be a relaxation of 5 % marks in favor of SC/BC candidates. Candidate with less than 45% marks belonging to these categories shall not be eligible. Provided that such minimum qualifying marks shall not automatically entitle a candidate to get admission in an institution but only entitle the candidate concerned to fulfill other institutional criteria notified by the institution concerned or by the Government concerned from time to time to apply for admission.
b) Candidate must have studied the major subject of the subject combination for at least two years at Bachelor's level/Master's level. Honors students shall opt for major subject in which they have obtained Honors, the minor subject should have been studied at least for one year.
c) Candidates who have appeared for qualifying examination and whose results have not been declared may be provisionally allowed to apply for Common Entrance Test at their own risk and responsibility but they shall become eligible for counseling only after they have produced the evidence of having satisfied the above said conditions on the date of counselling.
d) Result late (RL)/Re-evaluation/Compartment cases, if their results are declared before final counseling, shall be considered subject to availability of seats only.
e) In case of candidates who have done Honors in languages such as Hindi, Punjabi and English, the major subject will be language. Such candidates would be allotted minor subject by the college on the basis of other subject option/s permissible to the candidate by the respective University and the availability of the same in the respective college.
LIST OF MAJOR SUBJECTS
Admission to the B.Ed. Programme is subject based. The candidate must have studied the major subjects of the subject combination for at least two years at bachelor's level/ master’s level. During online counseling, only the major subject would be allotted by the university. The minor subject would be allotted by the college. Allocation of seats doesn't mean confirmation of admission. The admission will be confirmed by the college concerned after checking and verification of the documents and also in accordance with availability of the subject/s, subject combinations in the college and/or in the concerned university.
1. Teaching of Agriculture (only offered in Panjab University colleges)
2. Teaching of Commerce
3. Teaching of Computer Education / Computer
4. Teaching of Economics
5. Teaching of English
6. Teaching of fine Arts / Art
7. Teaching of Geography
8. Teaching of Hindi
9. Teaching of History
10. Teaching of Home Science
11. Teaching of Life Science
12. Teaching of Mathematics
13. Teaching of Music
14. Teaching of Physical Education
15. Teaching of Physical Science
16. Teaching of Political Science
17. Teaching of Public Administration (only offered in Panjab University colleges)
18. Teaching of Punjabi
19. Teaching of Sanskrit
20. Teaching of Science
21. Teaching of Social Studies
22. Teaching of Sociology (only offered in Panjab University colleges)
BROAD CATEGORIES OF SUBJECT COMBINATIONS
(a) B.Sc. (Medical):
1. Science-Language 4. Life Science-Physical Science
2. Science-Life Science 5. Science-Physical Science
3. Life Science-Language 6. Physical Science-Language
(b) B.Sc. (Non-Medical):
1. Science-Language 6. Science-Computer Edu.
2. Science-Maths 7. Physical Science-Computer Edu.
3. Physical Science-Language 8. Math-Language
4. Physical Science-Maths 9. Computer-Language
5. Physical Science-Science
(c) B.Sc. (Home Science):
1. Home Science-Language 2. Home Science-Science
(d) Commerce graduate (B.Com/B.B.A.) :
1. Commerce-Economics 2. Commerce-Language
(e) B.C.A./B.Sc.-I.T. Graduate:
1. Computer Edu-Language 2. Computer Edu-Math
(f) Arts graduates (B.A.):
1. S.St.-Language * 11. Physical Education-Language
2. Economics-Language 12. Physical Education-History
3. Economics-Math 13. Physical Education-Political Science
4. Math- Language 14. Physical Edu.-Geography
5. History- Language 15. Sociology-Language
6. Geography- Language 16. Computer-Language
7. Political Science-Language 17. Home Science-Language
8. Music-Language 18. Public Admin-Language
9. Fine Arts-Language 19. Agriculture-Language
10. S.St.-Physical Education
Teaching of Social Studies shall be opted by the graduates who have taken up any two of the following subjects at B.A./M.A. level:-
(i) History, (ii) Geography, (iii) Political Science, (iv) Sociology, (v) Economics, (vi) Public Administration,(vii) Philosophy, (viii) Psychology, (ix) Education, (x) Defense Studies, (xi) Religious Studies, (xii) Social Work, (xiii) Community Education.
Note : Panjab University, Chandigarh has allowed to opt for “Teaching of Social Studies” as major subject even with only one of the subjects from the above mentioned list.
(g) B.A. Honors (Language)
1. English-Minor (Eligible & Available in college)
2. Hindi- Minor (Eligible & Available in college)
3. Punjabi- Minor (Eligible & Available in college)
4. Sanskrit- Minor (Eligible & Available in college)
5. Language (major) – Language (minor) (Eligible & Available in college)
6. Candidates who have passed Shastri /Gyani / Prabhakar/Honors in languages can opt for two language combinations provided they have studied the other language for one year/one semester (not applicable in GNDU, Amritsar).
7. The candidates shall be given the required subject combinations depending upon their availability in the colleges & provisions in the concerned university ordinance/syllabus.
(h) B.E., B.Tech.
1. Math-Language 4. Science-Maths
2. Science-Language 5. Computer-Maths
3. Computer-Language 6. Science-Computer
1. The subject of computer education or computer or computer-science is written as Computer only. The name of the subject will be according to the concerned university.
2. Teaching of Public Administration & Teaching of Sociology & Teaching of Agriculture is only offered by Panjab University.
3. B.E./B.Tech. Graduates are allowed to get admission in the B.Ed.
Punjab BEd CET 2016 Notification:-
Date of Availability of B.Ed. Prospectus on the website www.punjabbedadmissions2016.org - June 22, 2016
Bank Slip generation for Online Registration - June 24, 2016 to July 03, 2016
Depositing fee in any branch of State Bank of Patiala using generated Bank Slip - June 27, 2016 to July 05, 2016
Last date for submission of Online Application Form - 08 July, 2016
Date for downloading Admit Card - 12 July, 2016 onwards
Punjab BEd CET 2016 Date - 17 July, 2016 (10.30 A.M. to 1.00 P.M.)
Display of Answer Keys - 18 July, 2016
Last date for reporting discrepancies, if any, in the tentative merit list & updating of qualifying degree marks - 20 July, 2016
Display of Merit list - 25 July, 2016
Online Choice filling for Major Subject Combination & colleges (Maximum 10 choices) - 27 July, 2016 to 30 July, 2016
Seat Allocation (The Management of Self Financed Colleges will advertise the Management Quota Seats only after online allocation of seats by the University ie after 01 Aug., 2016) - 01 Aug., 2016 by 05.00 PM
Reporting at allocated colleges - 02 Aug., 2016 to 05 Aug., 2016
Start of filling up of management quota seats in self financed colleges - 06 Aug., 2016
Last date of reporting of vacant seats to co-ordinator by colleges - 07 Aug., 2016 upto 02.00 PM
Display of vacant seats and the announcement of the vacant seats - 09 Aug., 2016
The commencement of the regular classes - 09 Aug., 2016
to download Punjab BEd CET 2016 Prospectus.