Latest information on DNB PDCET 2017 exam with its notification, exam dates, eligibility, application form also including paper pattern, syllabus, test centres and DNB PDCET result.
DNB PDCET serves as both as an eligibilty and merit examination for admission to various post graduate courses in medicine. This computer-based examination is conducted by the National Board of Examination (NBE). The specialities included in under DNB PDCET include DVD,DNM,DGO,DOMS, DORTHO, DLO,DCH,DPM,DMRD,DMRT, DTCD,DMPR,DCP.
DNB PDCET 2017 Date:-
DNB PDCET Eligibility:-
1. Candidates who have passed the final examination leading to the award of Post Graduate Diploma from Indian Universities which are duly recognized as per provisions of Indian Medical Council Act 1956, Govt of India i.e. have passed/Passing the final examinations for Post graduate diploma on or before 30th June, 2013 can apply for the Post diploma CET examination in the same broad specialty. A proof to this effect has to be produced at the time of counseling for admission to July 2013 admission session.
2. Submission of proof of having passed/Passing the Post graduate diploma final examination on or before the 30th June 2013 at the time of counseling is an essential pre-requisite. In case the candidate does not submit requisite proof of passing his/her post graduate diploma final examination, the candidate shall not be allowed to participate in the merit based counseling.
3. Candidates found to be ineligible at any stage of PDCET will not be permitted to appear in the examination. In an unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and/or being successful in the PDCET, the result/candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled and/or are deemed to be cancelled.
4. Requests for appearing in PDCET from candidates who are qualifying and getting their results of the basic eligibility qualification after 30th June, 2013 shall be summarily rejected.
Candidate who are qualifying their PG Diploma exit examination or and getting their results after 30th June 2013 or likely to qualify after 30th June 2013 need not apply in the PDCET exam as they shall be ineligible to participate at any stage of the admission.
5. Candidates already pursuing a MD/MS/DNB course are not eligible to appear for the PDCET till such time they have completed the duration of prescribed course or have been discharged from the course.
6. Registration and /or appearance in PDCET do not confer any automatic rights upon the candidate for admission at NBE accredited hospital /institute.
7. Registration with M.C.I./State Medical Council is necessary and its documentary proof should be furnished at the time of counseling.
DNB PDCET 2017 Pattern:-
PDCET is an entrance examination and is an essential pre-requisite for entry to post diploma DNB 2 years post graduate courses. The next session of entrance examination shall be held on 27th August 2013 and conducted as computer-based test only.
The test comprises 180 multiple choice, single correct response questions of 1 mark each in English language only as per the following indicative scheme:
Specialty - No. Of Questions:-
- Human Biology (Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry) - 30
- Applied Pathology, Microbiology and Pharmacology - 30
- Medicine and Allied Sciences - 30
- Surgery and Allied Sciences - 30
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology - 30
- Community Medicine including basic statistic and research methodology - 30
Total - 180
Negative Marking: There shall be no negative marking.
For more information about above notification Click Here